Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Did his girlfriend initiate force?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did his girlfriend initiate force?  (Read 3592 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Did his girlfriend initiate force?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »

http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game/world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king/girlfriend-deletes-wow-characters-dude-destroys-computer

Wait, he destroyed his own computer because she deleted his WoW characters?  That's kind of....special.

Lesson: Don't give your boy/girlfriend your WoW account password.  Especially if they might go psycho on you, but if you can predict that you probably shouldn't be dating them in the first place. 

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »

She didn't have the password, he just left it idle and didn't get logged out. That essentially boiled down to a breach of trust, right there, and there was definitely malicious intent.
What it all comes to is one thing: Women! If you don't like your boyfriend playing video games instead of paying attention to you, GET A NEW ONE! It's a lot easier than you may think!
Bushi no ichi-gon

ForumTroll

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

What it all comes to is one thing: Women! If you don't like your boyfriend playing video games instead of paying attention to you, GET A NEW ONE! It's a lot easier than you may think!

Well, as long as you're not ugly or obese...

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »

Well, as long as you're not ugly or obese...

Even then...

As long as you're not picky.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

She didn't have the password, he just left it idle and didn't get logged out.

Ah.  That's what I get for not watching the video. 

Indeed.  Or, you know, try playing the game with him.  I got my boyfriend hooked on WoW, and am about to get him hooked on Red Dead Redemption. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »

She certainly destroyed some of his property, then he destroyed WAY more. WOW accounts can be valued in actual dollars cant they?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »

She certainly destroyed some of his property, then he destroyed WAY more. WOW accounts can be valued in actual dollars cant they?

yes and no, That is yes they can but doing so is against the ToS.  

also:  hard drives are property as are the bits and bytes they contain.  Think of it as a girl going apeshit on his car.  All the metal and glass are still there just not in the same configuration.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:15:39 PM by Ecolitan »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »

She definitely damaged his property, but man wtf.  The guy was obviously one of those "WOW addicts" you hear about (or maybe know).  Sounds like he's an idiot because he went to town on his own computer during his temper tantrum.  He's most likely a loser, and she is likely a bitch.  Hard to feel sorry for him, even though he was wronged.

At least we can laugh at other people's idiocy.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

My thought is that she violated his possession, but that does not conform to my idea of what "initiating force" is.

I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »

He should sue her for all the time and money he spent on his Wow characters, she destroyed his property... even if it was just a bunch of 101011101 that made up his character

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 02:36:15 AM »

She definitely damaged his property, but man wtf.  The guy was obviously one of those "WOW addicts" you hear about (or maybe know).  Sounds like he's an idiot because he went to town on his own computer during his temper tantrum.  He's most likely a loser, and she is likely a bitch.  Hard to feel sorry for him, even though he was wronged.

At least we can laugh at other people's idiocy.

well yeah, there's that

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »

My thought is that she violated his possession, but that does not conform to my idea of what "initiating force" is.

STFU you filthy jew.  what do you know about initiating force? 

Oh yeah, you stole a whole country in the name of yahweh and make a hobby out of starving and killing those you displaced.  You're right.  This is nothing in comparison.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 03:08:59 AM »

STFU you filthy jew.  what do you know about initiating force? 

Oh yeah, you stole a whole country in the name of yahweh and make a hobby out of starving and killing those you displaced.  You're right.  This is nothing in comparison.
:-\
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

Naismith did all that?  Wow, he must be quite the badass.  I'll make sure and steer clear. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Did his girlfriend initiate force?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 33 queries.