Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  December 21, 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: December 21, 2012  (Read 13197 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: December 21, 2012
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 05:01:26 AM »

Then, you run into the problem that if this pile of bad shit happens exactly every 5,125 years, there should be cave paintings or some other artifacts somewhere else in the world depicting it too, which could be carbon dated to show that it coincides with the Mayan calendar.

Actually, there are "records". But I suppose they're open to interpretation.

records of jews doing it

:|
The Jews always do it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:17 AM »

21 December 2012  --  End of authoritarianism

22 December 2012  --  Beginning of a voluntary society

conrad from spain

• Irrumator
  • odi et amo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:17 AM »

I'm gonna do my best to drink myself to death before then just in case.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »

http://dad2059.wordpress.com/2008/04/01/ancient-sumerians-record-meteor-event/
This article seems to think the ancient Sumerians astronomers recorded meteor event which may have caused the flood 5000 years ago.  

Even if there was a celestial body agitating and increase in meteors hurled at earth on a 5000 year rotation it would be hard to prove.  Many impact craters created by asteroids are simply hidden.  They happen in areas which leave little or no visible record like the ocean or places where grow over can obscure their existence.   Also, it isn't like there is a multitude of cave paintings from 10k years ago found on every spec of land across the globe to act as a human record of these sorts of events.  Scientist speculate there were only approximately 8 million humans on the planet 10k years ago.  Now factor in Earth's mass total: 510.072 million sq km of which land: 148.94 million sq km and water: 361.132 million sq km, note: 70.8% of the world's surface is water, 29.2% is land.  How much of that can 8 million people cover as ancient reporters of celestial events?

An Oregon scientist's theory says incoming space junk wiped out the Clovis people 13,000 years ago, leaving diamonds behind as an intriguing clue.  I don't know but is it possible their time line is off and the actual events happened either 10k years ago or 15k years ago.   Just not sure on how the scientist achieve their date accuracy.  But it is an interesting theory that attempts to explain the disappearance of not only the Clovis people but many of the animals like the mastodons and giant sloths in North America around the same time.  http://crosscut.com/2009/02/11/science-environment/18840/

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

You got me. I can't conclusively prove that a wild-ass scenario pulled out of somebody's ass ISN"T going to happen. Since the burden of proof is always on the skeptic then I must concede that we are all going to die on 12/21/2012.  :P
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

davann

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Oh yeah, funny thing about the large hadron collider. They haven't used it yet. I mean, yes, they have turned it on. Yes they fired a particle. I don't even think that one particle made the entire circuit before they had to shut the thing down for a coolant leak, or whatever. They are going through repairs now, I think. Most reports that covered the initial test took the tone of "see, the world didn't end".

Or is this just the cover story for the catastrophic mistake they made while they desperately search for a way to fix it?

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

You got me. I can't conclusively prove that a wild-ass scenario pulled out of somebody's ass ISN"T going to happen. Since the burden of proof is always on the skeptic then I must concede that we are all going to die on 12/21/2012.  :P

Actually there are ways to discount the theory of a cyclical nature of asteroid hits on earth.   Pointing out that asteroids have hit the earth at other times than on that cyclical pattern.  IE.  The 1908 Siberian Asteroid hit.  There are some 170 known impact creators found on Earth what are the estimated dates of those?  If they are all over the time line wouldn't that tend to prove the random nature and total lack of predictability of meteor or asteroid hits on Earth?  Really you skeptics are just getting so lazy. :P

I don't have any data on the ages of impact creators.  But wouldn't it give someone some pause if they all fell within 100 year range of being on that 5000 year interval?  I am highly skeptical that the date could be so narrowly pinpointed to a specific day.   I posted what I thought was the more scientific hypothesis.  Addressing a possible cyclical nature to increased meteor of asteroid activity.

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »

That movie is $200 million worth of special effects masturbation.

I need to find a way to make money of the apocalypse-idiots, though.

Well you could start making a website now.

http://www.december212012.org/Survival_Supplies.htm

Oops too late.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »

ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »

That's my birthday. It must be a sign.
Julia

davann

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

That's my birthday. It must be a sign.

Any Mayan heritage? If so, your lucky the civ died out. I bet they would sacrife you on a bloody altar in a heartbeat.

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 05:57:24 AM »

So, since the world is ending the day after my birthday, how fucked up should i get?
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

The world's been predicted to end many times during my lifetime. I suppose I'll survive many more such predictions.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

god damn it, rational wiki's down

anyway, my vote now goes to Space Masons going back in time and becoming the Mayans with 2012 being the time the first Masonic Temple in Space was inaugurated.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »

My B-Day is Dec 10
By design, it's also my son's B-day (it was a C-section)

We have a lot of B-days in NH around the End of the World. I'm thinkin' we need some hardcore carnival-style partyin'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  December 21, 2012

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.