Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126418 times)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »

If one is smart they listen to God.
Or I could put it in the context of a Deist. What makes more sense: to read what the universe is telling you and act accordingly or expect the universe to listen to you?

If the universe is god, then the term has no meaning.  You could just say universe and leave the faux-spirituality out of it.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:57 AM »

1. Some sort of spiritual existence has proved itself to me to my satisfaction. It is easier to convert a Christian to Atheism than a Deist.
2. I am not arrogant enough to be a Atheist. To be one you have to think you know everything.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:51 AM »

1. Some sort of spiritual existence has proved itself to me to my satisfaction. It is easier to convert a Christian to Atheism than a Deist.
2. I am not arrogant enough to be a Atheist. To be one you have to think you know everything.

You don't have to think you know everything to be an atheist.  You believe there is a god, but you don't know there's a god, do you?  I believe there's no god, but I don't know there's no god.  I don't think that's an arrogant position.  I've just looked around and come to a different conclusion than you.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »

You don't have to think you know everything to be an atheist.  You believe there is a god, but you don't know there's a god, do you?  I believe there's no god, but I don't know there's no god.  I don't think that's an arrogant position.  I've just looked around and come to a different conclusion than you.

Exactly. To the same extent I dont know 100% if leprechauns arent real. But I'm not seeing any evidence for them, and the people who believe in them dont seem to bring credible proof forward. The idea of leprechauns existing seems to be at odds with the rest of what I know about earth and its creatures. Thus, I do not believe in leprechauns.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »

I had a blast from the past recently. I was visiting my old town, and catching up with some friends there.

One girl I knew from there moved back after living a few years in the midwest.

The story goes that we hung out a lot back in the day, especially considering that she was from a chassidic background.

But before I muster up enough courage to do anything about the crush I had for her, she gets engaged. I met the guy and he was a bit weird to talk to. We just had too many similar interests, senses of humor to get beyond a cursory conversation. I also didn't want to introduce myself to him as the guy who would get drunk with his fiancee, and crash on her bed. I also remember hating him for no real reason.

They get married, I move across the country, and she gets a divorce just as I move back to the same area. Now she has two little kids. I knew most of this already from facebook, but found it out for real over coffee.

Alceric, was this G-d talking to me? Hell, I don't know just how much she likes me, and as much as I love kids, I don't know if I could raise someone elses children.

I also made the stupid mistake of calling my ex over skype to get some stuff back. I don't really want it, but it was useful to get a conversation going. Since I left, nothing has changed in her life. Except the guy she was seriously dating before that dumped her  is about to propose to her again. For no reason besides spite, I hope he isn't able to ever give her an orgasm like I did.

Shes the same condescending, bitter person I remember her as. I don't know why I still want her.

I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »

Is Alceric me?
 I think I like fellow Deist MWD of Freedom Feens fame's definition best. Think of "God" as the being who made the universe user friendly. I am pretty sure no deity is concerned about your love life. I am pretty sure that Bill Gates isn't going to concern himself with what you are doing with any Microsoft product you might use.
 My opinion is that raising other peoples kids is probably just as rewarding and difficult as raising your own kids, I doubt there is a lick of difference. Except that if the father has the kids sometimes, then one can get a break now and then.
 I do think divorced women can be a problem though. Once burned twice shy and all that. If you really are similar in temperament to husband mark I this is a bad sign. At the very least talk to the lady about why she got divorced, if you intuitively start to feel for the dude.....RUN!

Exactly. To the same extent I dont know 100% if leprechauns arent real. But I'm not seeing any evidence for them, and the people who believe in them dont seem to bring credible proof forward. The idea of leprechauns existing seems to be at odds with the rest of what I know about earth and its creatures. Thus, I do not believe in leprechauns.

If I saw a leprechaun I would say they existed.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »

If the universe is god, then the term has no meaning.  You could just say universe and leave the faux-spirituality out of it.

If we are a part of the consciousness of the universe and it is actually thinking, on some level, then it has motivations and goals just as we do, and figuring out how my motivations and goals mesh with its' might prove beneficial to both of us. It's more than "I'm intimately connected with everything else". That does actually mean something in the bigger scheme of things, at least in my belief. I'm fine with people not agreeing or believing the same thing, but it's not "faux".

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2012, 08:31:32 AM »

If we are a part of the consciousness of the universe and it is actually thinking, on some level, then it has motivations and goals just as we do, and figuring out how my motivations and goals mesh with its' might prove beneficial to both of us. It's more than "I'm intimately connected with everything else". That does actually mean something in the bigger scheme of things, at least in my belief. I'm fine with people not agreeing or believing the same thing, but it's not "faux".

Ok, I'm a firm believer in the Invisible Hand.  That doesn't have anything to do with religion, though.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »

Is this still a dating rant thread?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

Is this still a dating rant thread?

What else would you call it?

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »

I looked through some of the more recent posts and some don't have a whole lot to do with dating.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »

I dated a girl once....

My friend, Kevin, said man how can you wanna be with her?  

She's so skinny you can't see her if she's just on the other side of a telephone pole...I told him he didn't know shit.

Naked, Goddamn!  She was fucking perfect, I'm talking all the curves in all the right places....

Nice tits, sweet ass, small waist...beautiful lips both upstairs and downstairs...  Her eyes are fucking lakes of passion...

Unlike Al, I like to eat the monkey!  If it smells like fish then she should wash.   I can tell you....most girl's pussy don't stink.  Most are the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Pussy!  Like to lick it, touch it, hum on it, rub it, breathe on it, rub my eyelashes on it, touch it with my knee, stick my finger close to in....

Oh shit,  Pussy Rules the fucking Planet!   Am I wrong?

No, Fuck I'm right!  I'm a monkey for her monkey!  Am I right?  OH FUCK

What can I say?  I married the bitch, and she's a bitch don't get me wrong assholes.  You gotta live with a motherfucker to know what it means./   Peace Out!

Hang On To Your Life - The Guess Who
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:50:31 PM by Fred »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »

Haven't you been married for a long time? What is your secret?
Or is it being good at rug munching?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

I looked through some of the more recent posts and some don't have a whole lot to do with dating.

I don't like deleting other peoples posts.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »

You really should clean up that "who's hotter" thread though. That thing is a goddamn mess.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.