Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126429 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »

Do something dangerous, like eating a cheeseburger.

Har har. No.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:07 AM »

So let me get this straight.. its fine and dandy to break your own rules as long as you are hurting other people, but an absolute no-no when it hurts no-one.
How can a libertarian be Jewish with that standard?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2011, 03:15:28 AM »

So let me get this straight.. its fine and dandy to break your own rules as long as you are hurting other people, but an absolute no-no when it hurts no-one.
How can a libertarian be Jewish with that standard?

Breaking any rules is wrong. I'll be the first to admit that. I will admit that what I am doing is wrong.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2011, 06:39:33 AM »

Committing fraud is wrong according to the NAP.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2011, 08:13:53 AM »

Committing fraud is wrong according to the NAP.

who is comit ting fraud?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »

Dio. He is pretending to follow Orthodox rules defrauding the matchmakers and the Jewish girls he is set up with. When his ex- fiance allowed his cock into her sweet Jewish pussy she thought he was something he wasn't. Isn't she now scarlet or some stupid shit?
I support you religious people against the anti- as much as I can. I am a Deist, I know there is a higher power. Just admitting that organised religious people should know they are lying too each other gives me no leg to stand on, especially if you will not follow either libertarian or your own religious principles.
You'll find I follow my principles very closely, or I would simply find different ones. Why have principles if you don't follow them?

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

BonerJoe

« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »

I know that I don't know and that I'm open to ideas. :)

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

Dio. He is pretending to follow Orthodox rules defrauding the matchmakers and the Jewish girls he is set up with. When his ex- fiance allowed his cock into her sweet Jewish pussy she thought he was something he wasn't. Isn't she now scarlet or some stupid shit?
I support you religious people against the anti- as much as I can. I am a Deist, I know there is a higher power. Just admitting that organised religious people should know they are lying too each other gives me no leg to stand on, especially if you will not follow either libertarian or your own religious principles.
You'll find I follow my principles very closely, or I would simply find different ones. Why have principles if you don't follow them?

Do I follow Orthodoxy? I do, and I don't, mostly do. Maybe I give off the impression that I am more religious than I am to girls I date.

The ex and I mutually share our digressions. She and I both knew who we were back then. She doesn't become a harlot or anything because of me. I'll get back to that point later tho.

alaric, don't think that it sits well with me either. It doesn't.

One thing I never understood about other guys is their desire to find a girl who is a virgin if they themselves are not. Why would they have a standard for others that they themselves wouldn't hold by? I wouldn't mind marrying a girl who isn't a virgin because I myself am not one. So, I didn't take this girls virginity, and I wouldn't have, but I don't think any less of her for having had sex.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »

Went out on a date with a Persian girl last night. She was pleasant. Date went smoothly.

Don't think much will come of it because we have different religious philosophies. I think the matchmaker only went so far as to think that "He's Persian, She's Persian. It must be a match!"

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »

I have no wish to hijack the thread. How about I say it this way. I have seen evidence, and survived some events that convince me to believe in a higher power of some sort. Atheism is a bit too uncompromising for my taste. My religion is pretty much libertarianism with a reasoned fascination for the wonders of nature. If you're curious here be a link.http://www.deism.com/index.html In a practical sense it is so compatible with libertarian principles that I seldom have a reason to mention it. When discussing religion though, I think it is more honest to admit my own beliefs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:34:42 PM by alaric89 »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2011, 05:17:40 AM »

I have no wish to hijack the thread. How about I say it this way. I have seen evidence, and survived some events that convince me to believe in a higher power of some sort. Atheism is a bit too uncompromising for my taste. My religion is pretty much libertarianism with a reasoned fascination for the wonders of nature. If you're curious here be a link.http://www.deism.com/index.html In a practical sense it is so compatible with libertarian princepals that I seldom have a reason to mention it. When discussing religion though, I think it is more honest to admit my own beliefs.
Interesting, I'm pretty similar in that I take a deistic/pantheistic/historic approach toward judaism.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »

I have seen evidence, and survived some events that convince me to believe in a higher power of some sort.

Repeatably testable, non-anecdotal evidence?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

Nope. Couldn't talk my little sister into letting me carry her up that cliff again.
But in my more logical mind I have noticed how lucky so many evil fucks seem to be, they don't always make their own luck.
Ever notice how luck seems to come in fazes when playing poker?
Good people have a tendency to die young.
Charisma confuses me, it makes no sense just using evolutionary argument. Some people can somehow feed off of and enhance other peoples psychic energy.
Some are the opposite, sometimes its the same person at different points in their life.
The downfalls and miracle comebacks of some celebrities. Inexplicable patterns in life fazes of people
and patterns in nature.
The Unique chemistry of water.
Since I am a fabricator I just don't think chaos can work out so slick. I have never left a pile of steel laying around and had it turn itself into something useful and organised.
It is personal feeling as well. I think a Deist is a atheist who has had too many close calls to abandon spiritual unknowns.
I have also noticed many extreme sports heroes are not Atheist.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:14:52 PM by alaric89 »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »

I understand that personal experiences have an emotional weight and can be very convincing.

That's all the more reason to put it to the test to be sure.

If you can't replicate the event (Or you have no testable physical evidence left behind) you can't claim to have real knowledge.

Climbing Mount Sinai and talking to bushes will not result in bushes talking back, let alone bursting into flames. You can go there and try it as many times as you like.

<<<Not trying to bust religious people's balls here.

My only beef is religious people who start using the language of science and then refuse to acknowledge some of the simplest tenants of it.

Creationism comes to mind. Don't talk to me and try to poke holes in evolution when you are trying to make the claim for creationism. Provide the evidence in favor of creationism. Telling me all about complex systems not coming from simple scenarios because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics (Which has nothing to do with anything but fucking heat and radiation and pressure and shit tending to equilibrate.) causing all things fall apart rather than assemble or some nonsense irritates the shit outta me.

Tell me you have faith and I'll respect you. (If not your faith itself.) Tell me you believe it and you have no evidence and you know it and I'll say "I disagree, but if you aren't hurting me and you accept "No" for an answer when ya ask for a few minutes of my time to talk about the future of my immortal soul we're cool."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.