Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126411 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »

If there's this much drama now..........

It gets worse.

We both dumped other people to begin dating.

To the rest of the guys, I don't know what you're asking.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2011, 03:47:20 AM »

It gets worse.

You don't understand the question: Why would you getting sick ruin the relationship?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »

It gets worse.

That wasn't meant to be an anticipatory remark regarding details of the situation you have yet to relay to us, rather, it was meant to invoke thoughts regarding the potential exponential increase of drama once the relationship has been fully legitimatized by your church, Rabbi, local government or various combinations thereof, as in: "If there's this much drama now, you should run away!".
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:25 AM »

So, the question again...what kind of sickness causes your relationship to implode?  Did you get an STD or something???

blackie

« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »

It sounds like it was a beatdown from his fiancee's brothers, or some other Jews in his community. That sounds like the right punishment in his community for what he did. If that is what happened, he won't be able to tell us non-Jews.

I read a story a few months back about a 13yo jew chick in the west bank that had to get engaged because she played 'shomer chicken' with a dude.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/haredi-parents-marry-off-13-year-old-daughter-as-penance-for-flirtations-1.351664

Published 02:04 25.03.11
    Latest update 02:04 25.03.11

Haredi parents marry off 13-year-old daughter as 'penance' for flirtations

Rabbi in West Bank town of Modi'in convinced parents that Kabbalist text prescribed matrimony to atone for 'misconduct'.

By Chaim Levinson

A 13-year-old girl from the ultra-Orthodox town of Modi'in Ilit was married to a 16-year-old this week, after religious activists in the town told the girls' parents it would be penance for her romantic involvement with the boy.

About a month ago, the girl, an eighth-grader at the Netivot Da'at school in the West Bank town of Modi'in Ilit, told other girls in her class that she had become engaged to a 16-year-old boy from Rehovot, and that the two intended to get married soon. She also showed the girls clips of the engagement on her cellular phone.

Gossipers spread the story through the town, and an investigation launched by the welfare department discovered that the girl had become involved with boys over the past year, conduct that is prohibited in the ultra-Orthodox world. The parents, who are poor, approached a local rabbi, known to be involved in kabbalah, who told them that according to the kabbalistic work "The Zohar," the girl could atone by getting married. Six weeks ago, an engagement ceremony was held for the couple.

The wedding was set for the Purim holiday on Sunday. However, when the story became known, other rabbis of the town, led by the city's chief rabbi, Meir Kessler, began a campaign to call off the wedding. Kessler said that if the local rabbi and the parents had married off the young couple, he would call for that rabbi's excommunication. Kessler told Haaretz: I am utterly against the wedding. Marriages must not take place at that age. The marriage will not succeed."

The welfare department also began to monitor the girl closely. Municipal leaders also involved the police, who launched an investigation into suspicions of statutory rape and illegal marriage. The police also asked for a court injunction against the marriage, and warned the father not to go ahead with the marriage.

Over the past week, the parents they said they would call off the engagement. However, the welfare authorities said they had reason to suspect the wedding had in fact taken place in the presence of a rabbi, two witnesses, the parents of the bride and the parents of the groom. According to a senior official in the municipality, the individuals who had been pressuring the girl's family to marry her off told them this was the only way for the girl to supposedly atone for what they said was her sin, and the family was unable to withstand the pressure.

The Benjamin region police, headed by Chief Superintendent Yoram Akua, will now be launching an investigation against the parents and the rabbi who performed the ceremony. Their alleged offense carries a two-year jail term.

The law in Israel prohibits marriage under the age of 17, except by special court permission. According to Jewish law, marriages usually do not take place before the age of 18, except in the most radical sectors of the Bratslav Hasidim, where couples can marry at age 15. In the strict ultra-Orthodox Eda Haredit in Jerusalem, the custom is to get engaged at age 16 and wait two years until marriage.

A spokesman for the Modi'in Ilit local council said: "Due to the social workers' strike, the response of the welfare department is unavailable."

The girl's mother declined to comment, as did the rabbi who urged the family to marry off the girl.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:39:51 AM by blackie »

blackie

« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

We called it "shomer chicken" and the context for the name isn't as important as what it was.
Where was the chaperone?

Seriously, you need a chaperone.

Then I got sick.
Did anyone say anything right before, or during you getting sick?

I spent two weeks in the hospital, and now, thank G-d, I am fine, and don't need surgery, but my girl was upset by all the events surrounding it. None of my friends knew initially, and I couldn't get a hold of anybody because I was out of the house without a cell phone or wallet.
Did you have to jump out a window with no clothes on or something?

What makes this more complicated is that in the hospital, I resigned myself to a breakup, and at the same time, found a very hot nympho in the same floor who does modeling on the side. She isn't Jewish, so there isn't a shot at anything permanent, but, she fulfills a vacuum of need.

Still, with a working relationship, its technically emotionally cheating, even if I don't do anything.
Working relationship...I though you were engaged to be married. How many times have you been engaged?

But yeah, you are not ready to be married.

How is this going to look on your dating resume?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »

Have you, as part of being a jew or in any other manner, consented to getting your ass kicked for having the sex?  I'm not really opposed to this.  It's fascinating to me.  Also, is having the sex worse or not worse than wearing mismatched and/or out of season clothing at Wal-Mart?  I guess you shouldn't be throwing stones...  oh yeah,,,  Stone throwing is strongly encouraged in the OLD testament.  Stone throwing and killing people and taking their stuff in the name of a fictional character.

edit:  I'm only halfway sorry that I can't manage to have a civil conversation about something that interests me with someone who has shown such contempt for me and my kind in the past.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:40:58 PM by Ecolitan »

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »

So, the question again...what kind of sickness causes your relationship to implode?  Did you get an STD or something???

Problem is I can't confirm or deny any speculation on what happened to me. Hell, I could have been in jail for all you guys know.

Hellbilly, my life is overly dramatic.

blackie, never had the chaperon. We did follow all the rules in the beginning, before the dam broke. The engagement was never official.

Ecolitan, chill dude. I never consented to any asskickings. I don't know how walmart fits into this. I'll be the first to admit i am not a perfect person, and I have my flaws. What is your kind, exactly?

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

blackie

« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:41 AM »

Problem is I can't confirm or deny any speculation on what happened to me.
Confirmed, you were attacked by jews.

blackie, never had the chaperon. We did follow all the rules in the beginning, before the dam broke. The engagement was never official.
You should have had a chaperon.

What do you mean the engagement was never official?

Did you ask her to marry you?

Did you give her a ring?

Who pays for your hospital bills?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »

Ecolitan, chill dude. I never consented to any asskickings. I don't know how walmart fits into this. I'll be the first to admit i am not a perfect person, and I have my flaws. What is your kind, exactly?

The kind that doesn't dress up to your standards at wal-mart, which tends to be the kind that has better things to spend their money on than providing you with an aesthetically pleasing world.  Which is really just blue collar people.  Not every time of course.  On my days off or on days I'm trying to manipulate shallow people's opinion of me by wearing prettier clothes you'd find me mostly acceptable.  You don't remember?  I do.  I don't forget shit like that.  I know when people declare publicly how unworthy I am of being in their world.  Imma go put on some clothes that are just a few wearings a way from being torn into rags now and go out into public.  I'll be damned if I'm gonna ruin some perfectly good clothes for your sake today.

Also, gentiles.

Edit:  The t-shirt I am wearing I got used for free when I was a teenager (I'm 32).  It's one of my favorites.  I like the way it accentuates my man boobs.  It really is very close to retirement.  I wear it like a badge of honor.  A guy shows up on a jobsite in some shiny white pumas you can pretty much guarantee he'll be worthless.

I see a great deal of benefit to the way you're going about finding a wife.  Sure it's flawed but it includes many very wise and useful things that have been lost in our culture.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:46:41 AM by Ecolitan »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »

Did you get stoned? 

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »

Problem is I can't confirm or deny any speculation on what happened to me.
Confirmed, you were attacked by jews.

You should have had a chaperon.

What do you mean the engagement was never official?

Did you ask her to marry you?

Did you give her a ring?

Who pays for your hospital bills?

The engagement was never official.

I asked her to marry me. She said yes.

No ring, but I know the styles she likes.

My insurance.

EDIT: Not worthy of a post on its own, but damn, its annoying that my fiancee is physically abusive. WTF?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:10:51 AM by Diogenes The Cynic »

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2011, 02:52:02 AM »

Its more than annoying dumbass, make it crystal clear that you will defend yourself or run for the fucking hills and break it off.
It will not get better.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »

I wonder if her being physically abusive has anything to do with the restrictive culture that she lives in.  I know I'd be frustrated...probably not physically abusive, but frustrated.  In any case, if someone attacks me, I don't really care if they have a penis or not.  I'm going to fight back if I think I can subdue them easily or GTFO otherwise.  If a girl I was dating started attacking me, I'd throw her the fuck out and move on.  I guess that's harder to do when your dating pool consists of <1% of the population or whatever it is, so I guess you should figure out what works for you.  However, the worst possible decision is to let her get away with physically abusing you.  As alaric89 said, it will NOT get better.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »

Wow. So you got jumped by her brothers because she banged you? Were either of you virgins beforehand or is this a regular cycle?

Also, I thought y'all dumped each other. How is she still your fiancee/still in contact with you to be physically abusive?

Sorry dude, but it sounds like your culture sucks to live in.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.