Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126426 times)

yamnuska

Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2011, 03:09:53 AM »

Did you give her a kiss at the end of the date?

LMAO

Good luck Dio. I hate to say this, but I agree with pube, call her, ask her if she is okay.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:57 AM »

Went on second date. She's fine, and totally ok. Healthy and all.

On this date, we violated every rule about dating. I took her out to a crowded Starbucks, and we ended up sitting in the rain outside on the bench talking about all sorts of things. She wants to be a social worker. That's a bit scary, in my view, and we went from there to politics. That was also dangerous waters. She seems both apolitical, and liberal. Then the topic turned to religion.

The rain abated, and I took her for a bite. We went into another local restaurant. That's another no-no. According to the etiquette, I am supposed to only take her places where we wouldn't know anybody.We talked more. Turns out, it took me longer to get ready than her. Overall, its confusing to me how a woman would be low-maintenance.

When it came time to take her back, through the rain, I insisted on getting the umbrella from my dorm a block away. We went, and since women are not allowed inside the building, and I didn't want to leave her waiting n the lobby, I played a maneuver. All the entrances are guarded by security. There are 3 staircases. What I did was take her into a nonrestricted area, snake through the basement, and up a staircase that goes behind the back of the security guard. A simple walk through the high school, and....I left her at the staircase. When I got back with the umbrella, I didn't have a good explanation for how I figured that route out.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »

I can begin to see the romantic advantages of your structured way of doing things.
I wish you the best. :)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »

It's a good thing if she's apolitical.

Good luck Dio.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

blackie

« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »

Will you invite us to the wedding?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »

With all the rules I figured the divorce rate among Jews would be low, but the figures on this page have Jews at the top of the list.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Is the rate different for Orthodox Jews? (Not even sure if you're Orthodox or not Dio.)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

With all the rules I figured the divorce rate among Jews would be low, but the figures on this page have Jews at the top of the list.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Is the rate different for Orthodox Jews? (Not even sure if you're Orthodox or not Dio.)

I am Orthodox. Don't have any numbers on the divorce rate, but assume its lower than the national and secular Jewish average.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

to avoid divorce, you both have to try your asses off to make it work!  I know - but, I'm not Jewish!

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »

We went out again Sunday. I swear she gets prettier every time I see her. We walked to the park, to the G.W. bridge, and stopped by her apartment to pick up a book we could read together over lunch. Well, against better reason, we read "I Only Want To Get Married Once" together, and considered the points. Its just strange how smooth our interactions have been, considering how unusual they are. We're very comfortable together. Certain qualities we have seem to compliment each other. If that's the right word.

You see, there are a few mannerisms I have that could be good or bad, depending on how they're looked at. You can't pick it up from across the pc screen, but I am very finicky about cleanliness. She admitted to eating food off the floor before. I can tell the difference between hand sanitizer brands by the smell.

The finickiness extends to clothing as well. Whereas I wear form fitted clothes. Shirts starched, and slacks pressed with shoes well shined. She wears baggy clothes, and her hair in a ponytail. Given how I grew up very Persian culturally, this is enigmatic to me. To think that I enjoy going to the mall and she doesn't doesn't assimilate well in my mind. I realized that I own not just more designer fashions than her, but am more likely to wear anything by D&G, BCBG, or other similar labels. I also own more clothing than her......and more shoes. This is disconcerting.

That came to the point of absurdity when were walking along, and came by a bodega selling purses, and I pointed out the Louis Vuitton bags to her. I then explained, as unawkwardly as possible how you could tell the brand from the design. Only a minute later and she mentioned on a different topic how she prefers to drive stick. I wish I knew how.

So I guess in a way we do compliment one another.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2011, 08:25:30 AM »

to avoid divorce, you both have to try your asses off to make it work!  I know - but, I'm not Jewish!

It's been my experience that the easiest relationship to maintain is when both parties go into it with the frame of mind that theres no perfect match in the world for anyone. Sounds cynical, but in reality, its just the opposite. Problems in relationships seem to always come down to one or both people believing that everyone else in the world has some perfect story book relationship and they deserve the same thing, but if they could only see what goes on in private with those people, they would appreciate what they have even more.

Results may vary, but thats been my experience.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »

Neatness nuts and practical people drive each other nuts Dio.
I would suggest you be careful to never sound judgemental or try to give orders, and it might work. A mutual respect for each others space would be the key.

BonerJoe

« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »

That came to the point of absurdity when were walking along, and came by a bodega selling purses, and I pointed out the Louis Vuitton bags to her. I then explained, as unawkwardly as possible how you could tell the brand from the design. Only a minute later and she mentioned on a different topic how she prefers to drive stick. I wish I knew how.

So I guess in a way we do compliment one another.

Aww. You could be each other's beards.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »

Dio has indicated he likes a tougher sort of woman. What is wrong with that?
http://www.yeeeeee.com/2008/10/27/beautiful-israeli-women-soldiers-206-pics/
Jewish woman with a bit of grit are O.K. by me as well. And I am not a neatness nut by any stretch.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »

But does the blood rush to your groin over her?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »

Dio has indicated he likes a tougher sort of woman. What is wrong with that?
http://www.yeeeeee.com/2008/10/27/beautiful-israeli-women-soldiers-206-pics/
Jewish woman with a bit of grit are O.K. by me as well. And I am not a neatness nut by any stretch.

Get it out of your head that being Israeli means being Jewish. It helps, but it's like saying that being American means being Christian.

The middle one, please. Thanks much.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.