Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126888 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »

I still cant help but think of Fiddler on the Roof singing TRADITION! every time this thread comes up. Does that make me racist?

Well, now because of the update you should be thinking "Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match!  Find me a find, catch me a catch..."   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

A few updates. One is that another one of my friends is engaged. That makes me the absolute last man standing in the bachelor category in my circle of friends. Among out wider circle of friends I am now one of the very few singles this old. In my world, I am a rarity.

That brings me to the singles even my university hosted. They had to reschedule their "meet the connectors" event due to the weather. My guess is that they first scour one campus, then the other. They then cross match people for whom a match seems relevant. They're not covert about their efforts at all. They have a co-ed ice skating event in a week, and even had a Rabbi from the administration come in and give us a pep talk about dating. Its a total departure from where I just came from. Just a few weeks ago, I ate a meal at a house where the men and women were seated in different rooms, and now I live in a totally different society.

Also, since I am in an entirely new setting, I am meeting many people for the first time. A Rabbi who teaches Gemara invited me over for a meal on the Sabbath. I accepted knowing that it was not coincidence that the only other guy he extended the invitation to was also the only other single guy in the class.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »

Crongrats, it looks like you are really starting to merge with your now community in a way that could only end up positive.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »

You live in a building with a high school?

Have you considered dating a high school chick?
They dig people with cars that are old enough to buy booze.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 01:38:22 AM »

You live in a building with a high school?

Have you considered dating a high school chick?
They dig people with cars that are old enough to buy booze.

Heh, no. I'm too old for one of them, and I never meet girls anyways. I live in a men's high school, in an entirely male college campus.

So, I went to the event the university sponsored for meeting "the connectors". I hate to keep bringing up the job search analogy, but it looked the way I would imagine a job fair would be like. I have never had any appreciable length of time without a job, but if I did, I would imagine it would be like trying to find a wife, now.

There was a gymnasium of ladies behind neat rows of desks. A few of the younger ones had their husbands with them. Most had clipboards of names with them. Every time one concluded an interview with one of the other guys there, I would make eye contact, and sit down to speak. After about an hour of this, I was done.

None have called back yet, so what effect this had waits to be seen.

In other news, a friends wife emailed me for my resume. Hopefully there will be a follow-up.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »

I gave a few of the women I spoke with at the "connect" meeting a follow-up email, but still have  yet to receive a reply. Meh.

A family I am close to met a girl recently. The wife was all like "This girls gotta meet Diogenes!"

A few revisions of the dating resume, and some legwork led to something pretty cool; a date on Sunday.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »

Sweet. 8) Good luck, Dio. 

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »

Update.

I went on the date. The girl was cool. Chill. The whole experience was something else. It's rare to meet any woman who is conversant in Latin, and knows the entire story behind Superman, let alone a religious one. We spent hours wandering Central Park enjoying each others company talking about everything from personal philosophies, to porcupine mating habits.

On the way back home, we're on the subway platform, and she starts vomiting uncontrollably just out of nowhere. I go out and buy her some napkins, and you know, she's a real trooper about it. Most people would be horribly mortified over that, but she was all like "well, that was weird". Totally nonplussed over it. That's pretty impressive.

I talked to the matchmaker, and the girl is healthy. Seems like what happened on he subway platform was a one-off event. She does want to continue.

I'm a bit excited about the next meeting.

The matchmaker from a previous post did finally respond to me, but given recent developments, I have yet to respond.

-Dennis Goddard

Amazing Richard

« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »

Update.

I went on the date. The girl was cool. Chill. The whole experience was something else. It's rare to meet any woman who is conversant in Latin, and knows the entire story behind Superman, let alone a religious one. We spent hours wandering Central Park enjoying each others company talking about everything from personal philosophies, to porcupine mating habits.

On the way back home, we're on the subway platform, and she starts vomiting uncontrollably just out of nowhere. I go out and buy her some napkins, and you know, she's a real trooper about it. Most people would be horribly mortified over that, but she was all like "well, that was weird". Totally nonplussed over it. That's pretty impressive.

I talked to the matchmaker, and the girl is healthy. Seems like what happened on he subway platform was a one-off event. She does want to continue.

I'm a bit excited about the next meeting.

The matchmaker from a previous post did finally respond to me, but given recent developments, I have yet to respond.

What do you mean you went and bought her some napkins? Did you bring the napkins back into the subway platform where she was puking!??!?! What do you mean when you say you bought "napkins"? How many napkins did you buy? Who buys napkins?!??! Napkins are supposed to be for free.

BTW...So you don't know why she was puking? There must be a logical explanation for this.

According to "the laws"...are you allowed to call her on the phone to see if she is OK?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2011, 08:06:08 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5BjMTVnNuE[/youtube]

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »

What do you mean you went and bought her some napkins? Did you bring the napkins back into the subway platform where she was puking!??!?! What do you mean when you say you bought "napkins"? How many napkins did you buy? Who buys napkins?!??! Napkins are supposed to be for free.

BTW...So you don't know why she was puking? There must be a logical explanation for this.

According to "the laws"...are you allowed to call her on the phone to see if she is OK?

At the middle of the subway platform, there was a kiosk that I bought a couple packets of kleenex from. Of course I had to buy them. I wasn't counting on my date tossing her cookies like that! Who would?

She didn't know why she puked. I'm sure she didn't mean to. Its not the kind of thing a person prepares in advance. At the time, she was at a loss for an explanation.

Richard, calling her never occurred to me. It could be a great idea. Ill run it through the matchmaker.

-Dennis Goddard

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

I think she must really be into Dio, that's why she puked.  She was nervous about fucking up and saying something stupid.

That or she thought about something nasty.

Not good nasty, nasty-nasty.

blackie

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »

Is she hot?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »

When I met my wife, she was super thin and she had a nervous stomach (some shit at home) and she threw up alot when we first started dating. 

Later, that went away....

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »

Did you give her a kiss at the end of the date?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 32 queries.