Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126430 times)

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »

Back off Davann.

Rillion is mine.

I'll fucking cut you.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »

:roll: Bitches be trippin yo

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2010, 03:46:11 AM »

Back off Davann.

Rillion is mine.

I'll fucking cut you.

I think Rillion has a say in this....................

In my dating news, the girl I wanted to propose to a year ago is now engaged to some other guy. C'est la vie. She wasn't the first to get away. The other one keeps posting pics of her growing family online.

The night I found out, I drank myself sloppy, and passed out on a friends couch.

In other news, things are working on the other end of the pipeline.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »

A friend had his engagement party today, and when I went, I saw the same girl I dated once a year back.

Thing is that after a single date, I called the person who set us up, and said I didn't want a second date. It might seem a bit callus to have wine-and-dined her and just say no, but I really hated her taste in books. Serious. Thereafter, I see her at the engagement of every single one of my friends for months. Every wedding, and at the supermarket all the time.

At the engagement, they have the tables set up across the room separating the guys from the girls. I see her there, and turn to a good friend, and say "she's here again"

He replies "and shes engaged to our friend."

Oh.

Another girl I dated, this one from L.A. is also engaged now. She struck me as a gold-digger, and I am nit a mine, so that was no loss.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2010, 01:38:16 PM »

Whilst learning tonight, a friend called me saying that he was called by a woman asking about me. Mystery woman. I don't know her name, her number, or how she knew this friend in Los Angeles knew me. She didn't even get all that much info from him before they went onto talking about other things. He knew her, obviously, but wouldn't tell me who she was.

Well, it doesn't take much thinking to figure out the identity of this woman. Around a week ago, I get a call from a lady about a post Shabbat get-together for Persians in my city. This same woman saw my name in a rolodex, and decided to inquire on my behalf. I called her, and said I couldn't make it to the get-together, but invited me on any future date to her home for a meal on Shabbat. I'm almost certain its the same woman, but will ultimately find out if I randomly get a call about a girl. At this stage, however, I'm probably just in another part of her rolodex now.

The less confusing news is that I will finally meet a girl soon. The matriarch of a family whose home I go to every week arranged for me to meet a girl at their house tomorrow. She sounds real smart. PhD and all. I'm excited.

-Dennis Goddard

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »

And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2010, 12:15:00 AM »

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2010, 11:36:32 PM »

Panic, you're right.

So the updates are that two of the girls I dated in the past are now married.

One I heard of from the grapevine, and the other, from someone whose house I went to on Shabbat in NYC a few months past.

He called for some info, and asked me where I was holding in life. I hadn't yet received my university acceptance letter, so I didn't know if I was in or not, and I already gave my months notice at work. My business hasn't started yet, so at that point a week ago, I was in an awkward place; in between a lot of things.

A dude I barely know admonished me for ten minutes on the phone about stability, what Brooklyn girls want, etc. Not fun.
That's pretty awkward. Living in a community where random people treat you like distant family has its pluses and minuses.

Of the girls I previously mentioned being in queue, the Persian one didn't move, which probably means she isn't interested, and the other girl is "in the middle of something that may or may not work out".

Blargh.

There is another girl my Rebbes wife met a few days ago. I updated my resume and forwarded it to her. We will see ow that works out.

-Dennis Goddard

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »

Resume?  Like a dating resume? 

Where you underestimate the number of gentiles you've banged?

Or do you mean your real resume?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »

Resume?  Like a dating resume? 

Where you underestimate the number of gentiles you've banged?

Or do you mean your real resume?

Dating resume.

The number of girls I've banged is not on it.

-Dennis Goddard

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »

I think that's relevant information.

What kind of things go on a dating resume?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »

I think that's relevant information.

What kind of things go on a dating resume?

Name, height, weight near the top. Then under headers its schooling, professional work, personality, activities (aka hobbies and interests), requests, family info, and references.

-Dennis Goddard

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »

Is there a box to check for cirumcised or is that already assumed in the "circle" you run in?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »

Is there a box to check for cirumcised or is that already assumed in the "circle" you run in?

Thats assumed.

An update. I moved cities into an area with a much more modern flavor. A week ago I lived in a hasidic neighborhood, and now am in a Modern Orthodox one. I fit in socially ok,, but dress differently than everyone else. Its a top 50 university in Manhattan. The entire school is Jewish, and there are 2 campuses. A male one and a female one. Its somehow still bizarre to see the women when they are on campus as that never would happen in my old town. The university sent the entire male student body an email about meeting matchmakers. What happens next will be reported on.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

I still cant help but think of Fiddler on the Roof singing TRADITION! every time this thread comes up. Does that make me racist?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.