Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126976 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Dating Rant
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »

Free will, it is a bitch.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Emotive Rant
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

lol. It all rests on your clothing choice then? Wtf.
Isn't that how it always works?

yes, for those that can't do it on sexual prowess alone  :P

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2010, 02:29:22 AM »

Last week we had 2 marriages, 2 engagements from our group.

Does anyone want updates on my dating foibles, or should I let the thread die?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 05:56:46 AM »

Your thread is interesting to me because it gives insight to your culture. Interesting thread but I think you will always get the advice, "lighten up." from the general libertarian crowd here.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »

I will go with my original advice.  Go to another large city with a significant similar population and search there for some time.  It might mean taking an sabbatical or  extended leave.  Go there get a temp job and find a matchmaker.  If you find the right woman you might stay and settle there or she might be open to moving back to your home city.   Or even possibly another section of the city you currently live in another group which your matchmaker isn't pulling from.  This is if your current search hasn't already gone city wide.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2010, 06:47:22 AM »

So, I had a sit-down interview with a matchmaker last night, and I can only hope I made a favorable impression. Went to her house at night, talked about what I like to see in girls. She had a few in mind for me before I showed up, but narrowed it down to one by the end of the night.

Another matchmaker I am going through called me about a girl she had in mind. A funny thing happened during the conversation.

She gave me a call back after a long talk we had about backgrounds, education level, etc. that same night. She said that the family of the girl might recognize me if I ate by their house once. To confirm, the matchmaker asked me what my father did for a living.

I wasn't born yesterday. The family (and most likely NOT the girl) wanted to know the socioeconomic background of my family, and they pressed this sweet lady to ask a question she, in all likelihood did not want to ask.

So, what she does is think of a way to disguise the question so that I would in effect answer something else, none the wiser. She probably figures out I know why she asked, because without a pause, I answer back "what did they say my father does for a living?"

Mental fucking jujitsu!

She says "they didn't say"

So, I answer her question. Now they know, but they also know I know what they wanted to know.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Riddler

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »

dude.
just go to a fucking whorehouse already.
fuck sakes.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »

matchmakers take themselves too seriously anyway..............

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 12:35:59 AM »

Went on a date, and did the most stereotypical thing ever. Talked in the lobby of a hotel. Pleasant girl. Hope I made a good impression.

-Dennis Goddard

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 05:48:27 AM »

Went on a date, and did the most stereotypical thing ever. Talked in the lobby of a hotel. Pleasant girl. Hope I made a good impression.
What are you a pedophile?  Girl!?  Shouldn't you be dating women?  If she is a woman and your attitude is that women are immature or girls that will show.  A woman with any self esteem will interpret that as disrespectful and undesirable.  It is a clue to someone being a potentially abusive partner.  If you have a problem respecting women then you might want to address that first.  Because dating for a potential marriage partner can be harmed by that attitude.  And if you are dating immature women as potential marriage partners it is a big mistake.  Cause when they grow up they tend to leave or make the relationship miserable if they feel trapped by religious requirement.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2010, 06:00:45 AM »

Can Dio ever find a orthodox Jewish heavily tattooed biker dream chick?
Stay tuned!

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

What are you a pedophile?  Girl!?  Shouldn't you be dating women?  If she is a woman and your attitude is that women are immature or girls that will show.  A woman with any self esteem will interpret that as disrespectful and undesirable.  It is a clue to someone being a potentially abusive partner.  If you have a problem respecting women then you might want to address that first.  Because dating for a potential marriage partner can be harmed by that attitude.  And if you are dating immature women as potential marriage partners it is a big mistake.  Cause when they grow up they tend to leave or make the relationship miserable if they feel trapped by religious requirement.

You're reading into the girl/woman thing a bit much.

Alaric, there is hope yet!

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »

I thought tattoos were forbidden by Judaism.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »

I thought tattoos were forbidden by Judaism.

They are. Not that most women would get them in overtly exposed areas anyways. So, I would have no way of knowing if anyone I went out on a date with would have one because womenfolk tend to cover up.

-Dennis Goddard

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »

You are a fucking psycho.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.