Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126376 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Emotive Rant
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »

I don't pity people who get what they want.   If a woman starts out a prim joyless bitch and the guy says "That's the one for me!" then he can live with what he chose.  If she starts out vivacious, fun, and sex-loving but turns into a prim joyless bitch, then I'll have sympathy for him.  But mainly, what "I wouldn't marry the type of girl I would have a fling with" says is "I don't think vivacious, fun, and sex-loving women are good enough to marry, so I'll marry the prim joyless one and eventually cheat on her with the fun one because I feel unfulfilled with the marble statue I chose. "

Otherwise known as the Madonna/Whore complex, because some people are unable to wrap their minds around "good" and "good in bed" being the same person.  I say "person" because women get that too sometimes, though men seem to more often.  

Plus, Diogenes, it takes two people to have a fling.  If a fling makes her a whore, it makes you one as well.  

Rillion, I think you're misinterpreting things here. I do want a vivacious, fun sex loving girl as much as the next guy, but it isn't proper to date girls just to get under their skirts. We date for marriage. You don't even get to get in physical contact with your spouse until the wedding night, let alone go to a private place with them.

But everyone till has physical and emotional needs to be met, and for some people, that desire is overwhelming.

EDIT: A friend of mine just got engaged tonight!
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 01:11:17 AM »

I've read every post and I can't help but to say,

"What the FUCK?"

Is this thread meant to serve as a group therapy session to help you work through the ridiculousness of your religion? 

Marry a woman you are in absolute love with and is good to/for you.

Don't marry a woman b/c some Rabbi told you she can deep throat a kosher pickle.

yamnuska

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:10 AM »

I've never understood the no fornication before marriage crap. All my past and current relationships have involved sex before marriage, I just see sex as an important part of a relationship, the old saying that "it develops as you get to know one another," is a load of bullshit, you get closer and learn about each others buttons more but if the "fuck me hard," ain't there at the start i've never had it make an appearence later on. I always have thought and still think that the whole no fornication thing is a mind fuck from religion, marry someone then find out you don't sexually bond with someone, well, fuck you, to bad, you're married. It's like all the religious leaders are jealous because the only pussy they get is choir boy asshole so they are out to fuck up everyone else's life. I can't have it so neither can you. You may find love by sticking to your religion and following IMHO, all it's idiotic dictates, but will you really find the one who rocks your world? I doubt it. Growing up around Mormons I saw this kind of fanatical adherence. I'm now in my 30's and of the eight mormons I have kept in touch with, only one of them is still with the person they were set up with, the rest aren't, two left the chruch and one became a devote twit who now has 3 wives (neither one his original) and nearly 2 dozen kids, fucking idiot. It will do you good to meet a lefty Jew, maybe she'll peg you like the Jew from Weeds pegged Andy Botwin.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

Rillion, I think you're misinterpreting things here. I do want a vivacious, fun sex loving girl as much as the next guy, but it isn't proper to date girls just to get under their skirts. We date for marriage. You don't even get to get in physical contact with your spouse until the wedding night, let alone go to a private place with them.

But everyone till has physical and emotional needs to be met, and for some people, that desire is overwhelming.

I understand that perfectly well.  But if you think people who have flings are not worth marrying, then be consistent about it.  "I wouldn't marry a woman I'd have a fling with" suggests that if you do have a fling (desires being overwhelming and all), it somehow wouldn't make you not worth marrying while it would her.  Women have physical and emotional needs too.  If she's rendered unworthy by a fling, so are you. 

P.S. False dichotomy re: "dating girls just to get under their skirts" and "dating for marriage."  You've left out about 95% of why most people date. 

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »

I don't pity people who get what they want.   If a woman starts out a prim joyless bitch and the guy says "That's the one for me!" then he can live with what he chose.  If she starts out vivacious, fun, and sex-loving but turns into a prim joyless bitch, then I'll have sympathy for him.  But mainly, what "I wouldn't marry the type of girl I would have a fling with" says is "I don't think vivacious, fun, and sex-loving women are good enough to marry, so I'll marry the prim joyless one and eventually cheat on her with the fun one because I feel unfulfilled with the marble statue I chose. "

Otherwise known as the Madonna/Whore complex, because some people are unable to wrap their minds around "good" and "good in bed" being the same person.  I say "person" because women get that too sometimes, though men seem to more often.  

Plus, Diogenes, it takes two people to have a fling.  If a fling makes her a whore, it makes you one as well.  

Are you a virgin, then? Otherwise you're expecting higher standards of your mate than of yourself...
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »

Are you a virgin, then? Otherwise you're expecting higher standards of your mate than of yourself...
What's wrong with having high standards in a mate?  Even if they exceed your own?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »

What's wrong with having high standards in a mate?  Even if they exceed your own?

You mean other than being a hypocrite?  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:44:30 PM by Rillion »

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »

I understand that perfectly well.  But if you think people who have flings are not worth marrying, then be consistent about it.  "I wouldn't marry a woman I'd have a fling with" suggests that if you do have a fling (desires being overwhelming and all), it somehow wouldn't make you not worth marrying while it would her.  Women have physical and emotional needs too.  If she's rendered unworthy by a fling, so are you. 

P.S. False dichotomy re: "dating girls just to get under their skirts" and "dating for marriage."  You've left out about 95% of why most people date. 

I guess I was unclear. Let me rephrase this in a way you would understand. The people are fine, but its the relationship thats not worth having. I couldn't care less if my wife had a fling before, and it would be hypocritical for me to be bothered by it but no one would marry the person they had the fling with, becsuse no one who has a relationship like expects anything out of it.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »

I guess I was unclear. Let me rephrase this in a way you would understand. The people are fine, but its the relationship thats not worth having. I couldn't care less if my wife had a fling before, and it would be hypocritical for me to be bothered by it but no one would marry the person they had the fling with, becsuse no one who has a relationship like expects anything out of it.

Oh boy.  Have you really never heard of people who have what they entirely expected to be a fling, but it turns into a long-term committment?  I don't have statistics in front of me, but I expect it's a pretty healthy number.  And at no point in recorded history has failing to expect something stopped it from happening.  

A fling can't be a relationship that's not worth having because if it were, it would be non-existent.  Nobody would have one.  But people obviously do have them, and some stay flings whereas others turn into something bigger.  My relationship with my boyfriend started out as a fling-- neither of us expected much from it.  But guess what?  Here we are, nine years later, effectively married except that we didn't feel like asking the government's permission.  

Unless you have flings exclusively with prostitutes or women you hate....you just never know.   And even then I suppose you don't.  Strange things happen.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:31:33 PM by Rillion »

yamnuska

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »

I forsee someone getting pregnant, a marriage happening so people keep face, and a lifetime of "what if?" questions. I fucking hate religion.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »

I still don't understand the part about the lady who asked Dio if he would consider wearing coloured shirts so that he can get the girl, as if to say that it is extremely important to the girl that her future husband wears coloured shirts.

And then Dio says that he would consider wearing a coloured shirt, so long as a television is not allowed in the house.

I just don't get it.

What if the girl says that Dio doesn't have to wear coloured shirts, so long as she can watch TV...would that be acceptable?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

I still don't understand the part about the lady who asked Dio if he would consider wearing coloured shirts so that he can get the girl, as if to say that it is extremely important to the girl that her future husband wears coloured shirts.

And then Dio says that he would consider wearing a coloured shirt, so long as a television is not allowed in the house.

I just don't get it.

What if the girl says that Dio doesn't have to wear coloured shirts, so long as she can watch TV...would that be acceptable?

I don't understand it either.

Differences are something that gets hammered out as part of the dating process.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »

Usually, yes.  But what you're describing isn't a dating process-- it's more like a negotiation between lawyers.   

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »

Usually, yes.  But what you're describing isn't a dating process-- it's more like a negotiation between lawyers.   

The oddity of the situation is not lost on me. That's one of the motivations I had in creating this thread.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »

I just don't get it.

I don't understand it either.

If the television is not allowed, maybe she'd like a little color to look at, since she's gonna be ironing fourteen of the fucking things a week.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.