Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dating Rant  (Read 126421 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Emotive Rant
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

I'd suggest you try not to limit yourself to the "official matchmaker" stuff.  Why can't you meet a nice observant girl at synagogue yourself?  Of course you know I'm not a chabbadnik and do my own thing.  But I doubt I'd ever subscribe to such a system.  I wouldn't give up on it though, I could see myself being pleasantly surprised with it, but I think I'd rather find my own ladies myself.  I also wouldn't suggest you try to rush getting married.  My parents married at age 30 and had 4 kids and could have had more if they wanted to.  I think that's my plan too.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »

eharmony.com
match.com
tableforsixonline.com

etc etc etc

alaric89

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »

LOL. I was playing that your post was to me and I acted like you was trying to pick me up and I was rejecting you sorta like you know that movie Back broken hill or something (which Ive never seen, I watch manly films) and I thought I would be like parody Heath Ledger you know and.....O.K. the joke fell flat.
Anyway here's a weird coincidence that movie "Happiness" actually is tonight on a movie channel I have. Funny thing is I never heard of the film until this thread. Think I'll check it out.
Well that movie sucked. :shock: Guess now I'll watch Fiddler on The Roof. :D

ForumTroll

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »

LOL. I was playing that your post was to me and I acted like you was trying to pick me up and I was rejecting you sorta like you know that movie Back broken hill or something (which Ive never seen, I watch manly films) and I thought I would be like parody Heath Ledger you know and.....O.K. the joke fell flat.
Anyway here's a weird coincidence that movie "Happiness" actually is tonight on a movie channel I have. Funny thing is I never heard of the film until this thread. Think I'll check it out.

Post nudes.

alaric89

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »

Now that would be a blatant thread jack and take away the whole Jewish matchmaking theme. Posting a sexy gentile like myself all nekid and stuff, what are you thinking? I simply won't be a part of it.
And don't forget there are a few woman that come to this BBS, I put my bod up for them to look at ...their chairs would get all soaked and husbands would get raped, you know the guy is just sitting there trying to watch the game, the usually bitchy wife would come along with that hungry look in her eye that the guy hasn't seen in months, all hot and bothered. Then the poor bastard would get a unwanted cock polishing when all he wanted to do was watch the fucking game. (ever tried to watch TV when some chick with bad timing just has to ride you? it sucks.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:57:54 PM by alaric89 »

yamnuska

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 08:34:17 PM »

Well that movie sucked. :shock: Guess now I'll watch Fiddler on The Roof. :D

Really, was it this one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147612/
I thought it was great, nice and shocking.

alaric89

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 01:02:02 AM »

Yep. I like a lot of the actors in the film but I didn't like the film, little too dark for me.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:53 AM »

I havent seen all of Fiddler on the Roof, but I get the gist of it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »

I think Denis is right. I married at 30 and I've been happy. I think she has  :)

"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

alaric89

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »

Took me a few days to figure out what bothered me about "Happiness". (spoiler alert)
What bothered me is the directors inconsistency of point. It stimulated no room for debate on the motives of the different characters, simply they were all scumbags who deserved their fate. My problem is that interesting questions for debate were so well set up but not followed through. Why did such a intellectually honest pedophile have to be a rapist, and then include the scene after the rape where the boy makes it clear he had feelings for the man? Why did the old man crave solitude then not use it when he got it, then become passively suicidal? Why didn't they follow through with the lesbian exploration they set up for the old mans wife?
It would have been a more interesting plot line (and more real life) If the boy struggled with guilt about masturbation (like every adolescent boy) gained confidence when the dad gave his brilliant advice and discussion, then became disillusioned and withdrawn after finding out the dad was a child rapist. Looking at this from my adult perspective the way the "pedophile and son" scenario played out was very cartoonish.
Simply put, I felt the director was trying to make some valid points and just ended up making a movie about life always sucking.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 08:50:59 PM »

Took me a few days to figure out what bothered me about "Happiness". (spoiler alert)
What bothered me is the directors inconsistency of point. It stimulated no room for debate on the motives of the different characters, simply they were all scumbags who deserved their fate. My problem is that interesting questions for debate were so well set up but not followed through. Why did such a intellectually honest pedophile have to be a rapist, and then include the scene after the rape where the boy makes it clear he had feelings for the man? Why did the old man crave solitude then not use it when he got it, then become passively suicidal? Why didn't they follow through with the lesbian exploration they set up for the old mans wife?
It would have been a more interesting plot line (and more real life) If the boy struggled with guilt about masturbation (like every adolescent boy) gained confidence when the dad gave his brilliant advice and discussion, then became disillusioned and withdrawn after finding out the dad was a child rapist. Looking at this from my adult perspective the way the "pedophile and son" scenario played out was very cartoonish.
Simply put, I felt the director was trying to make some valid points and just ended up making a movie about life always sucking.

The director of this movie is one of the very few contemporary American filmmakers who is putting together an interesting product. I saw Happiness shortly after it was released...which I guess is a pretty long time ago, now. I've also seen a couple other of his movies, and they were good, too.

His movies ...for me ...fall into the horror genre, except there is no gore or other elements that one would notice as being part of a horror picture. The director produces a strange kind of horror, and I find his movies rather difficult to watch...you never know what kind of messed up shit the director will present to the viewer.

It all seems so banal in its delivery, and yet very psychologically powerful.

I've seen the director in interviews, and the dude is a MASSIVE nerd. I get the impression that he was picked on a lot as a kid, and now makes movies, to fuck with peoples' minds, and it's like his revenge against the society.

yamnuska

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »

Yea, pube boy, if you ever get your head screwed on straight that's the type of movie I expect you to make, or someone make about your life when you finally go all rifle in a clocktowery.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 01:11:58 AM »

Do you have to go through the matchmaker? What if you do online dating or go to an adult website to get laid and end up falling in love with someone who is not Jewish? Is that even an option? There has to be online dating sites for Jews, there is for Muslims. What about JDate, I'm not Jewish and have even heard of that site.

I met my first ball and chain via a hiking club, activities are a good way of meeting others, you'll already have something in common you both like. Another good way to meet potential mates (assuming they don't have to be Jewish and your not a total introvert), is through travelling,

I've also found that when my friends and I have lived with partners before marriage that those marriages have lasted and are still intact - compared with the fanatics who only feel you can be together after your vows - they all happen to be divorced, I've been there and done that, not good, oh, we're married now, okay, let's move in together, nope, not a good idea, go figure.

As for your friends at 25 all being married and having kids, they are not the norm, not in this day and age, you should not feel like it will not happen for you, don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. I mean, I was 30 before my first one, then 35 for my second. If I think of my 6 closet friends 4 of them are over 40 and single, only 1 of those has been married. As for kids, adopt, there are so many kids who got the shit end of the stick it ain't funny, and that's just in North America. Go over to India and see all the street kids, yes there is God awful mountains of paperwork but it's worth it.

One thing that really fucking pisses me off are people who think that you are less than them because you are not married, don't have a house, don't have kids. Ever see the movie "Happiness?" The stupid bitch who has the perfect life, well, that perfect life ain't so perfect, her husband is a child toucher, her boy jerks off all the time and at the end of the movie she kisses her dog which happens to have just licked up her boys spunk, yea, life's a fucking show and trying to be a star always puts you in the shit. You ever stop and think that maybe others put pressure on you because they want you to have the same level of misery they have? If you want to be married and have kids it will happen, just don't let it dominate your life otherwise you'll end up in a situation you don't want to be in. That happened to me at 30, a sort of, "oh fuck," if I don't do it now I will end up 80 and alone, rubbish, I rushed into something when I should have said no and it was nothing but a giant clusterfuck. Don't judge your life by what you see in others lives, they are not you and you are not them, so stop comparing, that's very hard and unfair on yourself. You're 25, you should be out there shagging everything in sight.

I basically do have to go through a matchmaker. Every girl on my level of observance goes through one. Dating outside of that is for hooking up, and I wouldn't marry the type of girl I would have a fling with. Well, flings aren't allowed, as is living with the opposite gender before marriage.

People don't put me down, but I keep getting prospects read to me. You're right that I shouldn't judge myself as compared to others tho. Very right indeed.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 01:14:43 AM »

Don't listen to those people Cynic. Marriage is AWSOME, I get laid all the time since I got married. The great thing about a arranged marriage is not only will you be knee deep in pussy, but every day you will get a new pleasant surprise about your spouses personality and all woman are so psychologically stable that you will never have to think for yourself or worry.

You're hilarious.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »

Embrace your homosexuality.

You sound like you want me to embrace your man-pole. Not gonna happen, I'm as straight as they come.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dating Rant

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.