Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cults...AHHHHHH!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cults...AHHHHHH!  (Read 3569 times)

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
Cults...AHHHHHH!
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »

Whats going on with Ian and his new tactic of calling everyone but Free Staters cult members? From an outside perspective, it looks like Ian got tired of being called a cult leader and started leveling the same charge against everyone else.

On the show, Ian was continually mentioning "jargon." Which, according to dictionary.com, means, "the language, especially the vocabulary, peculiar to a particular trade, profession, or group." Don't Free Keeners use all kinds of jargon? I'm not against using these terms but I think they definitely constitute jargon. Things like....

Man in the robe/man in a dress=judge
Cages=Jail
Criminal gang=government, especially police
Peaceful Person=person not in government
Gang member=police officer
Cult members=citizens who believe in government
Indoctrination camps=school
Extortion= taxes
The Shire=something hard for me to define

Again, I don't disagree with these terms, not one bit, but how are they not examples of jargon?

And how about all of the free keeners who've changed their name to Freeman, Lawless, or Voluntaryist? Think about how weird it is to people who don't know much about the free state project to read something like, "Ian Freeman, Derrick Freeman, and Kelly Voluntaryist were peacefully protesting the criminal gang's putting peaceful persons in cages for being peaceful peaceful peaceful peaceful." Sounds pretty damn culty, right?

I love this show and I love the FSP, but how about we stop calling people cult members? To an outsider, it may sound like a closeted homosexual calling everyone gay.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Cults...AHHHHHH!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »

State is to big and excepted to be a cult. It is a religion. I don't like the name change thing either. Reminds me of the town Rock Ridge from the movie Blazing Saddles.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

Just for clarification since it seems you never read Tolkein - the Shire is where all the Hobbits live.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »

And how about all of the free keeners who've changed their name to Freeman, Lawless, or Voluntaryist?

Lawless is actually his real name. How cool is that?!

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:23:18 AM »

And how about all of the free keeners who've changed their name to Freeman, Lawless, or Voluntaryist?

Lawless is actually his real name. How cool is that?!

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »

Just for clarification since it seems you never read Tolkein - the Shire is where all the Hobbits live.

haha

I have the Lord of the Rings books on the shelf, but I've only read about half of the first one. I need to get back to it, but I want to continue reading Game of Thrones prior to my finishing LOR.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »

What does Lawless have to do with Free Keene?  I think he only comes to Keene during the Pumpkin Festival.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »

Haha... I have to claim at least a bit of responsibility.  I told Ian years ago that "government" was simply a cult.  I've believed and taught this for many years.  "God" is replaced by something called "government" which the cult members believe is all powerful and from which they are endowed with "power" to inflict their "rules" on all of mankind.  Of course, since they are the fake "god's" agents, they themselves are exempt from those same rules...

So "government" = "false religion"...

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »

Regarding the previous post, I certainly don't want to sound as if I'm the originator of the "Govt = Cult" position, I suppose some people have known and taught this position since the beginning of the cult...

analogkid

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »

I agree completely. Ian loves his jargon.
We're labels and files in cabinets. Payroll accounts and calculations. We're gears that run the machine that dictates life as we know it. We're wrung of our humanity on which technocracy thrives. We're expendable figures, we're liquidation. We're character strings and data statements. We learn, live and die a number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cults...AHHHHHH!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.