Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Creating a "wikipedia of libertarianism/'true' conservatism/classic liberalism"
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a "wikipedia of libertarianism/'true' conservatism/classic liberalism"  (Read 4471 times)

bushwacker

Hi, all. Below is a reposting of an idea a fellow member of the Patriot Debate forum came up with. For those of you who are familiar with it, YES I am aware that a "Libertarian Wiki" already exists. In fact, I link to it on my Libertarian Info Page, but this is much more broad, and potentially more engaging:

"Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Building a weapon against the Left     Reply with quote Report post
Would any conservative or libertarian poster to this Group be interested in taking part in a project to build a website which would be a centralized resource center for our side in the political struggle?

Some conservative and libertarian acquaintances of mine are planning to start a web site where anyone could go to find out the conservative and/or libertarian view(s) on practically anything. It would have both original essays and links to other sites, including to this Board.

It would be invaluable for our side in on-line debates, for students writing term papers, for anyone wanting to write a letter or article on a political topic, and for conservatives and libertarians in general.

But it will require a lot of people to help with doing research and writing.

If anyone is interested in this, can they send me an email and let me know?

I can be reached at Doug.editor@Googlemail.com

Doug

For more information, and a bit more clarity, check out the appropriate PD forum thread.

battlesysadmin

How is this project coming along? Does it exist yet? I'd like to know more.

-lois

:shock:

bushwacker

It's still in the idea/prep stage. Please check out the above link to the forum post on Patriot Debate that deals with this.

Our ultimate goal is to not only create a well organized, aesthetically pleasing archive of libertarian/conservative facts, op-eds, etc. but also to create a 'network' of sorts amongst various like-minded groups around the country and world.

For example, if you're in a section about 'freedom and charity', you might find some related editorials, details of how to get involved in aiding others, and also some links/descriptions of pro-liberty charities and relief agencies that one might want to donate to, help out with, or go to for help in an emergency.

What do you think?

Doug1943

I had not thought about this, but I think Bushwacker's idea is excellent. A general collection point for links to a broad spectrum of anti-collectivist sites, and a repository for articles and information of interest to all on the Right, should be a platform for all kinds of useful connections and activities.

Doug

Tobiah

Are you/they looking for people to write for them etc on a Libertarian news/database site?

Or are you really looking for a pure-Libertarian wiki, which has much more detal then Wikipedia etc?

TN_FSP

I think this database by Harry Browne is about what you are looking for

http://www.harrybrowne.org/TopicalIndex.htm

bushwacker

Are you/they looking for people to write for them etc on a Libertarian news/database site?

Or are you really looking for a pure-Libertarian wiki, which has much more detal then Wikipedia etc?

Libertarianwiki.org already takes care of this to a greater or lesser extent. As I see it, their progress would be our progress, as our site woudl serve basically as a 'meta-wiki' for resources such as that. We would likely have some material of theirs referenced/built upon and vice versa. As I've alluded to above, the goal here is really to become an informational/collaborative 'portal' of sorts. We want to be your "one-stop-shop" for pro freedom information/services/online interaction opertunities. In a way, the project could be looked at in one sense as a third-party resource that sort of forces all the various disparate libertarian/conservative groups to "play nice" with each other, at least as far as the web site visitor is concerned. No coersion involved at all we're not g-men! How great is that- it's the best of both worlds, no? 8-) My next job here is to e-mail some of the more promenent figures on Lew Rockwell, etc. to solicit their interest/input on all this.

If any of you ladies and/or gentlement are into this, asking your applicable contacts about this idea might be a constructive step to take at this stage.

bushwacker

It has all of his archived works, yes. This might be a good resource to include, but other than that, what are you suggesting in the particular context of this thread? I'm curious and/or confused!

TN_FSP

It has all of his archived works, yes. This might be a good resource to include, but other than that, what are you suggesting in the particular context of this thread? I'm curious and/or confused!

It has pro-freedom articles on 100s of subjects and it is indexed.  I thought that was the reason you created this thread, to create something like Harry Browne already did.

bushwacker

It has pro-freedom articles on 100s of subjects and it is indexed.  I thought that was the reason you created this thread, to create something like Harry Browne already did.

This is partially what we're trying to do, and thus it would be a very good resource to utilize in part/x-ref. The thing is that his material is primarily op-ed type stuff. We're into that, but it will serve to be only one compotent of the larger goal, which is to bring editorials, news reports, special announcements, music, inter-personal networking, and anything else that can be used to promote liberty into the fray.

As I said, we're going for the good old "reference of references" here, kinda like Dogpile.com is to Google/MSN/Yahoo/etc. Does this make sense?

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org

I am working on a FAQ for Anarcho-Capitalism.

http://digital-universe.net/things/Questions.doc
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

bushwacker

I am working on a FAQ for Anarcho-Capitalism.

http://digital-universe.net/things/Questions.doc

Cool. This is going to eventually be in HTML form of some sort right?

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org

Yes.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

bushwacker

MobileDigit, I've proof-read/edited your piece and can send the changes to you if you want. Mostly some evidence additions and clerical corrections. Note that it might take me till next week or something because I'm gridlocked with work until this friday at least.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Creating a "wikipedia of libertarianism/'true' conservatism/classic liberalism"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.