Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cop encounter - how playing dumb works....
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cop encounter - how playing dumb works....  (Read 3904 times)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
Cop encounter - how playing dumb works....
« on: December 05, 2010, 07:14:16 AM »

Well I got pulled over today because I didn't go through a roundabout in a manner that the cop agreed with.

I decided to try and not answer any of their questions. The cop took my license and proceeded to ask me my name and address .I told the cop it was on my license. This clearly pissed her off when every question about my license got the same reply.  Then out comes the breathalyser. She asked if I had been drinking to which I replied I dont understand the question. Anything else she asked - my reply was "I dont understand the question."

Finally the threats and intimidation came out. "You are now on my radar"  "Im going to look for your car"

I can play dumb with the best of them.  :)

If your reply to any of their questions is "I dont understand your question" what can they do to you?

I would rather look and sound like a dummy than answer any sort of loaded question when asked by a cop. As far as I know you only have to hand them your license to identify yourself not get 21 questions about where you live and what your name or birthdate is. Next she was checking my details on the computer , after telling me to get back in my car which I refused to do.

Anyway the upshot of it all was "Im letting you off with a warning this time".  I think its only a matter of time till shit goes down as  Ive done this a few times with other cops around here  . Im sure the shit will soon hit the fan but whatever happens - I still dont understand their questions.  :)

Can you play dumb and get away with it when it comes to cops?
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Cop encounter - how playing dumb works....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »

If there's an audio/video recording from the cop car you can FOIA it and you'll get a free pass from any future ticket this particular cop gives you.

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »

or you'll look down at your chest one day & wonder what the strange red dot is doing on your coat

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »

or you'll look down at your chest one day & wonder what the strange red dot is doing on your coat

That is a possibility. Seems that the local cops have decided Im a target now.

I got another fine today because one of the douchebags pulled me over and as he walked up to the car I took my seatbelt off. So I got a fine for doing that.

Ive got 2 points left on my license. I can no longer risk doing the part time delivery job I was doing to cover my mortgage and put food on the table. The only way to get around here is by car and I just lost the only option I have to get to work. Ive been told they will keep fining me till I have no license left if they see me driving around.

These cunts just ruined my life for nothing. Because I didnt kiss their fucking boots and tell them how wonderful they are as they rape peoples wallets. I feel like getting on a fucking cargo ship to china.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:22:56 PM by Terror Australis »

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »

If there's an audio/video recording from the cop car you can FOIA it and you'll get a free pass from any future ticket this particular cop gives you.

I am only one person and its not New Hampshire. Its more like china as far as corruption goes...victoria is the only state that hasn't had a royal commission into the police - for a reason.

I live in a country where they can drag you off the streets and question you without trial for weeks and youre not allowed to tell anyone about it or you will go to jail for 2 years. People would point and  laugh as they dragged you off because cop worship is extremely high .

These assholes just got tasers. Would you reach into your pocket and film them? Oh, we thought he had a gun....

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

Did you take the breathalyser?

If not, and she chose to interpret your "playing dumb" as refusal that could have been serious trouble.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »

Did you take the breathalyser?

If not, and she chose to interpret your "playing dumb" as refusal that could have been serious trouble.

Well I said I was playing dumb. Not taking the breathalyser and giving them an excuse would be.

I dont drink at all anyway. Its the whole "show us your papers" aspect that gets to me.

As I said ,this aint New Hampshire.  Refusing a breath test is a 2 year driving ban http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/drink.driving/breathtest.html tell me could you afford to be off the road for 2 years?

The population is totally in thrall to the "authorities". I doubt there is anyone apart from me within 100 miles that has even heard the word "liberty". Think of this as a dispatch from  behind enemy lines.  :(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:36:22 PM by Terror Australis »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »

Dude, you speak English, and thats a language in demand. If I were you, I'd learn Cantonese, or Mandarin, and move to Hong Kong.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:08 AM »

I wonder what would happen if you just handed the cop your license, registration, proof of insurance (ad nauseam) and simply did not speak.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 08:24:31 AM »

I wonder what would happen if you just handed the cop your license, registration, proof of insurance (ad nauseam) and simply did not speak.

It would piss them off?  That is my next course of action. Most likely when I next get pulled over it will mean the loss of my licence to drive for at least 3 months so it cant hurt to say absolutely nothing.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 02:58:39 AM »

It would piss them off?  That is my next course of action. Most likely when I next get pulled over it will mean the loss of my licence to drive for at least 3 months so it cant hurt to say absolutely nothing.

I definitely pissed off the last one.  I was stopped for running a red light.  My wife was in the car at the time, and we both observed it turning red when we were IN the intersection (I.E., it was yellow when we entered.)

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"I'm sure you'll tell me."

"Where do you work?"

"I don't need to provide that."

She got really snotty and claimed in court that I refused to provide any information (not true, I provided the legally required paperwork without delay, and when I wouldn't tell her where I worked, she left the rest of the unnecessary information empty.)

She, on the other hand, got the VIN wrong, ripped about 90% of the ticket out of the book, not including the part with her badge number, the fine amount, and the total wording of the offer to reduce the point count if paid in advance.  I tried to beat the ticket on account of not being properly served and factual information being wrong, but of course the judge was a bitch too, gave me a hard time, and ignored the facts.

I was never so tempted to hurt a judge before.  I considered stalking her.  Oddly enough, the cop was nicer in court.  Pretty sure she'd had a bad day when she stopped me.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »

I definitely pissed off the last one.  I was stopped for running a red light.  My wife was in the car at the time, and we both observed it turning red when we were IN the intersection (I.E., it was yellow when we entered.)

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"I'm sure you'll tell me."

"Where do you work?"

"I don't need to provide that."

She got really snotty and claimed in court that I refused to provide any information (not true, I provided the legally required paperwork without delay, and when I wouldn't tell her where I worked, she left the rest of the unnecessary information empty.)

She, on the other hand, got the VIN wrong, ripped about 90% of the ticket out of the book, not including the part with her badge number, the fine amount, and the total wording of the offer to reduce the point count if paid in advance.  I tried to beat the ticket on account of not being properly served and factual information being wrong, but of course the judge was a bitch too, gave me a hard time, and ignored the facts.

I was never so tempted to hurt a judge before.  I considered stalking her.  Oddly enough, the cop was nicer in court.  Pretty sure she'd had a bad day when she stopped me.
Every day is a bad day that you have to spend on earth with these overlords.

They are all paid by the same paymaster.

So far Im in debt over $800 for doing nothing, there is no victim but my families finances. Would be cheaper for a 1 way ticket to NH.   :(

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 05:06:12 AM »

Fuck em.

Hypothetically if I was working for cash in hand and paying off their fines through unemployment benefits would that be considered even stevens?

:lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cop encounter - how playing dumb works....

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.