Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Conspiracy Time!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conspiracy Time!  (Read 2529 times)

Pizzly

• View Profile
Conspiracy Time!
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=will-birth-control-solve-climate-ch-2010-10-11

Overall, curbing population growth could reduce greenhouse gas emissions; reducing peak population to roughly 8 billion, for example, could save 29 percent of expected greenhouse gas emissions. Economic growth seems like one way to accomplish that, considering that rising wealth has historically slowed birth rates. But O'Neill and his colleagues warn that, if fewer but richer people consume more—as current consumption patterns in places like the U.S. suggest—those greenhouse gas savings become increased emissions.

Ultimately, family planning alone—such as the use of condoms and other reproductive health services—in parts of the world with growing populations, including the U.S., could restrain population growth significantly, this analysis finds. It would appear that we're trying, thanks primarily to ongoing efforts to enable women to take control of their own lives through education and other methods. Already, birth rates the world over have halved from an average of five children per women to just 2.6 today—a baby bust replacing the baby boom.

Now, I hope I'm not reading too far into this, but isn't the mindset that there are "too many people" bad? I can't help but feel that taking this belief to it's logical conclusion is a justification for mass genocide.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Time!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »

When talking with someone who advocates population reduction, I usually just say "Ok, you go first."
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand

BonerJoe

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »

Liberty people really don't care because it's not like they're having children anyway.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:24:33 AM »

I got three kids.
I hate population growth fearmongers with a screaming passion.
Doug Stanhope gets a pass because he is not a Luddite.
China has generations of just boys on the way so world population is going to drop quickly soon anyway.
If these people actually believed their own BS they would be calling for killing off the infirm.
I also hate preservationist, not people who use the free market and innovation to improve the environment but the assholes who try and force everyone to live like a Amish hippies.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »

Liberty people really don't care because it's not like they're having children anyway.

Oh snap! But true... I mean who wants kids? Not me.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

Oh snap! But true... I mean who wants kids? Not me.

My gf of 8 yrs has two kids, but they are 16 and 14, which is cool with me. They're self sufficient independant types and I wasnt around for all that diaper changing, puking, crying and "no, dont touch that, no stay away from that" bullshit that goes along with the smaller variety spawn.

I certainly would not want to have kids of my own, thats fer sure.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »

I like kids and plan to have a few.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

davann

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

If these people actually believed their own BS they would be calling for killing off the infirm.

That comes later after setting fire to the Reichstag and taking control of the government. And even then, it will only be mentioned in hush tones in certain circles until the actual killing starts. 

Really, this is the same story told by the elites for generations, just repackaged. It used to be called Eugenics. The package is different but the end results are the same. Mass murder to bring about the elitist's idea of a Utopian society.

Now, for the real conspiracy. Who is behind the enormous amounts of speed bumps scattered through out the Las Vegas valley?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:33:39 AM »

Gotta put the victims of the Utopian cause somewhere.

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

China has generations of just boys on the way so world population is going to drop quickly soon anyway.

In more ways than one... an overabundance of boys just screams "big war coming!" to me.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand

BonerJoe

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »

In more ways than one... an overabundance of boys just screams "big war coming!" to me.

Or lots of AIDS.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 05:49:02 AM »

When talking with someone who advocates population reduction, I usually just say "Ok, you go first."

this.  The people who follow the "green" religion are despicable.

These people want to see genocide against all non greenies.  And they show their intent with their insane overpopulation nonsense essays.  These people really scare me more than anything else including the hardcore communists and islamofascists.  The islamosfascists and communists are content at making us their slaves, but the eco nazis will never be content until we are dead.  I dunno about you but id rather be a slave than be dead.  At least slaves have a chance of revolting against their masters.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Conspiracy Time!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 32 queries.