Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theory: Mark Edge & The Smiths
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory: Mark Edge & The Smiths  (Read 2459 times)

ElGuapo

• View Profile
Conspiracy Theory: Mark Edge & The Smiths
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »

FACT: This is a photo of Mark Edge, aka Manwich

FACT: This is a photo of the indy pop band The Smiths circa 1985

The powers that be (they) would have you believe that the person standing to Morrissey's right in the above photo is Andy Rourke.
[They = The powers that be...probably Jews]

FACT: This is Andy Rourke
This man is clearly not the man pictured to the right of Morrissey above...that man is clearly the one we know as "Mark Edge"

So...why the subterfuge?

With 10 minutes worth of searching the internet, 18 minutes listening to Alex Jones and quick call placed to Scott in Massachusetts, I was able to uncover the conspiracy...

Agents of Brøderbund Software had infiltrated the highest levels of Tri-Mart Corporation; a Wisconsin-based wholesaler of cleaning supplies, where, in collusion with the governments of; Belize, The Gambia, Moldova and Canada, they conspired to make Old Dutch Potato Chips and Black Bear Soda available within the school system as well as on the shelves of the convenience stores throughout the greater Menomonie area, as far east as Eau Claire. Brøderbund's involvement largely a mystery, some facts have surfaced; Mark Edge, under an assumed name ("Manwich" hereafter), was recruited by Brøderbund, trained, equipped and given the mission of gaining acceptance into the recently emerged indy pop scene in order to supplant an existing band member with the purpose steering the song writing process towards the creation of depressing songs with catchy melodies; teenagers were powerless to resist and had little choice but to seek solace in a bag of potato chips or a fresh can of soda...whatever happened to be available...Black Bear or Old Dutch perhaps? - now you are beginning to see...but there is more.

How could he possibly have replaced an existing band member without anyone noticing? Genetically manipulated coffee beans were the key to softening the memories of band members and coffee drinkers alike, making them more vulnerable to "Manwich's" already impressive powers of persuasion, thereby allowing his arrival to go unnoticed. The plan was perfect, but "Manwich" was not, and things did go horribly wrong; as part of his cover,"Manwich" had been intimately involved in the manufacture of quality coffee products with the Berres family beginning in 1970, until 1987, when the Berres brothers became aware that "Manwich" had been pilfering toilet paper and smuggling gym socks in his pants, they prevented him from accessing the beans which had allowed his devious actions to continue unabated, but they were not able to remove him completely due to his close friendship with the family patriarch.

Unable to procure the beans necessary to further perpetuate his ruse, he had little choice but to allow Andy Rourke to return to the band; dazed, confused and unsure of what had transpired, The Smiths, without the creative genius and dulcet tones of this impostor, began writing happy songs and broke up later that year. In 1992, Peter and Jeff Berres officially took control of the family business and began roasting their own coffee; the Berres Brothers Coffee brand was born and "Manwich" was finally forced out. He had no choice but to go into hiding for the next 6 years, ultimately retreating into a prefabricated history which few would care to challenge, left to wait and hope, that his deception would go undiscovered...until now.

Brøderbund Software, secretly controlled by a cabal of Black, Jewish bankers, has largely retreated from its efforts to control popular music in order to bolster snack sales, and has since taken up efforts to promote White Supremacy and trans-fat awareness. Some theories suggest that Billy Corgan may be the result of a partnership between Brøderbund Software and Berres Brothers Coffee; this would explain why "Manwich" has been pushing so hard to secure a seat on the Specialty Coffee Association of America panel. There is also a theory floating around, that Billy Corgan is actually a "Manwich" clone who attempted to insert his head in the rectum of a rotund Brazillian woman, and lost his hair in the mutual combat that ensued.

*Modified - added paragraph breaks to aid in readability.
*Deleted a few words here and there, for purposes of gramatification.
*Updated Billy Corgan theory as per recently revealed data from a reliable source.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:20:49 PM by ElGuapo »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Conspiracy Theory: Mark Edge & The Smiths
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy
when a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...

Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files being,
Looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan
with Isabella Rossellini lips, and breath that reeked of
vanilla Chig Champa
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent
Outta the butt end of the banana vessel
And hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw,
and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip,
and all I could think was:
"I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fuckin' pants."

So light in his way,
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
the Deadhead Chemistry
The blotter got on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.
He said, "You are the Chosen One,
the One who will deliver the message.
A message of hope for those who choose to hear it
and a warning for those who do not."
Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me!!!
And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.

fatcat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

+1 for OP originality

-5,000 for lack of paragraphs

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »

It would seem "Manwich" is the perfect nickname, for I spy both a cameltoe and a bulge in them jeans.

>
And just so this sticks better in google, I'll say that Mark Edge is Andy Rourke, of The Smiths.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »

@d_goddard...Is that a Scientology rap? The wordz is dope; you gotz tha beatz to back that sheeat up?

@fatcat - fixed yer paragraphs; the truth must be easy to read.

@hellbilly - Mark Edge IS Andy Rourke? My sources seemed so reliable, but that would account for some of the inconsistencies.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:44:48 PM »

@hellbilly - Mark Edge IS Andy Rourke? My sources seemed so reliable, but that would account for some of the inconsistencies.

Yes. Some stories have a delayed beginning, but all must have a start. If we keep this up, this notion that Mark Edge is Andy Rorke, of The Smiths, if we keep saying that, then it could possibly be The Light That Never Goes Out.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »

@d_goddard...Is that a Scientology rap? The wordz is dope; you gotz tha beatz to back that sheeat up?
Oh my... if you're not familiar with TooL's "Rosetta Stoned", you're in for a treat

[youtube=425,350]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYOpSCgCN74&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYOpSCgCN74&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »

Oh my... if you're not familiar with TooL's "Rosetta Stoned", you're in for a treat

I was not familiar with Tool's "Rosetta Stoned" - I was only familiar with the Undertow album...I'd been living in S. America for 3 years when that album came out...so I was really into Mana and Daddy Yankee at that time.

It kind of reminded me of this jewel...I loved this song back in the mid/late-1990s.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/53qeiAVjHQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53qeiAVjHQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I've never actually listened to Alex Jones, but I've heard "Prison Planet" said in association with his show...I wonder if there is any relation to Clutch? I actually love this song, not for the subject matter, but because it's just a shit-load of fun - it's simple and uncomplicated and just full of butt-kickingness...total bubblegum rock, and catchy as hell. Everything I ever post on here, everybody has already heard of, but just in case...here it is.

*Mark Edge is Andy Rorke, of The Smiths
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:59:10 AM by ElGuapo »

fatcat

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

What the fuck is going on with spammers lately?

Can we get some more ban hammers handed out if the flow is getting too big for the current mods?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theory: Mark Edge & The Smiths

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 31 queries.