Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Console games ............. wtf?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Console games ............. wtf?  (Read 5378 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Console games ............. wtf?
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »

So whats up with the PS3 AND XBOX putting out 90%+ first person shooter games? Dont they know there are sooooooo many more genres of gaming out there that people would buy if they would just make them? Dont get me wrong, I like some Battlefield 2 etc etc, but come on, you can only go so far with that model. Maybe some Risk type games, or something with a little more creativity and strategy based gaming.

What a waste of system.

I know....... "thats what PC gaming is for." but thats not a good excuse.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: Console games ............. wtf?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »

That's what piracy is for.

Both the PS3 and the 360 are hackable. Don't like the FPS games? Install a PC Engine emulator and play some freaking shmups.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 07:41:44 PM »

Both the PS3 and the 360 are hackable. Don't like the FPS games? Install a PC Engine emulator and play some freaking shmups.

Id be willing to pay for them if they would just make them for PS3. Just amazes me that they dont. If I had any kind of programming ability to do that, Id jump on it in a second. Big moneymaker for a small startup that specialized in that type of thing. Nice niche market. I remember the atari 2600 system had something like 40 or 50 different game companies that made games for systems back then.  Now its like 5 or 6 main ones and nothing else.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »

Id be willing to pay for them if they would just make them for PS3. Just amazes me that they dont. If I had any kind of programming ability to do that, Id jump on it in a second. Big moneymaker for a small startup that specialized in that type of thing. Nice niche market. I remember the atari 2600 system had something like 40 or 50 different game companies that made games for systems back then.  Now its like 5 or 6 main ones and nothing else.

If you want to buy stuff if you have a PS3 there are lots of games on PSN that you can pay for that are basically just PS1 games in download form.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »

If you want to buy stuff if you have a PS3 there are lots of games on PSN that you can pay for that are basically just PS1 games in download form.

Nah, Id just like to see more disc based high quality, non-first person shooter games available that actually utilize the the hardware of the ps3. Guess game developers are just lazier nowadays.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

There is risk factions for xbox 360, Civilization revolution and many board games on the Xbox live marketplace,

but anyway I wish they allowed mouse and keyboard for consoles so more strategy games like starcraft 2 would be playable on consoles .

Joseffritzl

• View Profile

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:31:47 PM »

Nah, Id just like to see more disc based high quality, non-first person shooter games available that actually utilize the the hardware of the ps3. Guess game developers are just lazier nowadays.

That and game developers are finding downloadable games are more profitable.  The next generation console won't have discs, it'll just be all downloaded crap.  Hookup a high-end gaming pc to your TV and you can have a boatload more games than on a console.  I honestly can't understand how consoles are still selling.  When I had my PS3 I was not impressed.  I found some games had a lot of glitches *glares at Red Dead Redemption* and most game developers seem to just rush to get a release out and patch it later.  Also, there's a LOT of game developers who are looking to kill the used-games market once and for all.  Of course, then it'll be the piracy thing.

I'll stick to WoW.  If I want questing and shit, I quest, if I want PvP, i PvP.  If I want a mindless game, I load up the bejeweled addon that can be installed :P

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 03:27:05 AM »

That and game developers are finding downloadable games are more profitable.  The next generation console won't have discs, it'll just be all downloaded crap.  Hookup a high-end gaming pc to your TV and you can have a boatload more games than on a console.  I honestly can't understand how consoles are still selling.  When I had my PS3 I was not impressed.  I found some games had a lot of glitches *glares at Red Dead Redemption* and most game developers seem to just rush to get a release out and patch it later.  Also, there's a LOT of game developers who are looking to kill the used-games market once and for all.  Of course, then it'll be the piracy thing.

I'll stick to WoW.  If I want questing and shit, I quest, if I want PvP, i PvP.  If I want a mindless game, I load up the bejeweled addon that can be installed :P

Consoles are quick and easy, no installs just pop in the disc or just boot up if you have downloaded games and are cheaper then high end gaming rigs that you have to replace items to get the best stuff every year or so.

and consoles have some games that the PC doesn't.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

Hahaha, lots of PS3 games at least require you to install to the HDD.

This is made less onerous by hacking the fucker and pirating the game.

Yarr, me mateys.

Yarr.

the hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

So whats up with the PS3 AND XBOX putting out 90%+ first person shooter games? Dont they know there are sooooooo many more genres of gaming out there that people would buy if they would just make them? Dont get me wrong, I like some Battlefield 2 etc etc, but come on, you can only go so far with that model. Maybe some Risk type games, or something with a little more creativity and strategy based gaming.

What a waste of system.

i have a ps3 and not only are they coming out with fewer choices but the games that are coming out just suck so bad it makes you want to flip out....the new medal of honor is so bad compared to battlefield bad company 2(multiplayer) it make you wonder what the hell are the guys thinking...if you havent got the new moh do not get it...it BLOWS. just like modern warfare 2 the maps are so small everybody is running around on top of each other...the maps suck...and nothing but little kids who cant even put together a sentence on there talking...er not really talking just saying a bunch of badly put together cuss words..if you want to see and hear first hand of people being dumbed down take a listen to the online dummies...they need some really big maps with plenty of room to move and how about being able to fly some helicopters or a few tanks here or there...but na nothing fun like that...just 20 people bunch up in a little box... battlefield  bad company 2 multiplayer is the best game out there.  i tell you another one that i just got thru playing that is really really good is prince of persia....damn good game...other than that there really not anything worth a damn on the consoles...its almost retarded.  ahhh what happened to the good old days when games like ultima 4 for the commodore 64 were on the top...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:39:45 PM by the hermit »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »

Games I'm enjoying for XBox 360 that aren't first-person shooters-- Red Dead Redemption, Civilization Revolution, DeathSpank, Puzzle Quest 2, Super Street Fighter IV (I suck at it, but it's hilarious) and probably soon Fable 3.  I have Burnout Paradise because I liked Burnout 3 for the Xbox so much before, but haven't tried it yet. 

Fallout New Vegas came today.  It's technically an RPG but it's way too FPS-ish to me so I'm not really interested in playing it. 

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »

Games I'm enjoying for XBox 360 that aren't first-person shooters-- Red Dead Redemption, Civilization Revolution, DeathSpank, Puzzle Quest 2, Super Street Fighter IV (I suck at it, but it's hilarious) and probably soon Fable 3.  I have Burnout Paradise because I liked Burnout 3 for the Xbox so much before, but haven't tried it yet. 

Fallout New Vegas came today.  It's technically an RPG but it's way too FPS-ish to me so I'm not really interested in playing it. 

If Burnout Paradise is anything like it is on the PS3, it's awesome.  But the map is friggin huge.  I gave up on it it was so big.  It didn't help that when I had the PS3 I bought it on the PSN and downloaded that and all the extra content that basically unlocked all teh cars.  Kinda took the challenge out of the game.  The soundtrack is awesome though.  That might be the one game i miss not having.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 12:31:29 AM »

This is an amusing little simulation: you are the head of a video game development company.

http://www.veloci.dk/gamebiz/gb2/
For God and Free Trade

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

What a waste of system.

Unfortunately, it is kind of a good excuse. Throughout the history of consoles, platform (e.g. Mario bros, Sonic etc.) and FPS games have always been king amongst console gamers, and nothing else has really made much of an impact (if any). Although a couple of beat-em-up games (Streetfighter, Mortal Kombat etc.) have managed to shine through, its pretty much always been the FPS and platformers that always sell far better in the console game market. Thats why I have never really bothered moving away from PCs for gaming. Consoles have scored some of the great strategy and simulator games from the PC world but those just never seemed to catch on with the typical console gamer. I agree with you though, it would be great to see a much more variety of games for the consoles. It just doesn't seem to work in the console market.

I remember the atari 2600 system had something like 40 or 50 different game companies that made games for systems back then.
Back in the day of the Atari 2600 having 40+ companies developing games for it, it flooded the market and video gaming actually sort of died for a couple of years. I agree it would be good to see more video game companies, just be careful what you wish for.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Console games ............. wtf?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.