Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Comment about the local tea party-Israel flag waver there
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment about the local tea party-Israel flag waver there  (Read 3677 times)

mark_mnc1

• View Profile
Comment about the local tea party-Israel flag waver there
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:09:52 AM »

I was off work today and thought I would go downtown Indianapolis (I live 10-12 minutes away from there) today to see whats up with the tea party crowd at the statehouse.  I got to talking to a few people-one local businessmen who hasn't even heard of Austrian economics and was pretty accurate in how he was explaining the federal reserve, the housing crisis, and the current state of the economy..pretty cool guy overall and seems to get the message about liberty.  Another professional (a CPA) whose wife is really involved in their local atea party groups and was just talking about how intrusive governments at all levels have been.  It was nice talking to a few people but in general it was just a bunch of republican-worshipping middle-aged statists...I guess the plus is that they are least starting to use the "constitution" term in their conversations.

What killed me was this complete inbred, trailer-trash moron with the American flag pants and t-shirt waving a huge-ass flag of Israel.  What kills me is he kept walking around waving the damn thing.  There was so much I could have said to this guy I wouldnt know where to start but it was crazy.  They also had a booth of a state rep who wants to introduce Arizona's draconian, gestapo-like immigation law here in Indiana.  

I was downtown long enough by the time the speeches started "Here's our first guest-hes a veteran of the Iraq war..blah, blah blah." I could tell it was my que to leave.  Also, as I left I saw a bunch of younger people come in which is cool.  I just noticed in the past there was a good deal more people and a lot more "Atlas Shrugged" signs and after talking to a few I could tell they actually read the book as well as more "Don't Tread On Me" flags.  

It certainly wasn't the crowd to bring up minarchy or voluntaryism/anarchocapitalism but oh well.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:15:29 AM by mark_mnc1 »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Comment about the local tea party-Israel flag waver there
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:25:58 AM »

Wow a guy who supports limited government and doesn't hate the jews... The HORROR!!!!
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:09:25 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAnd.......we're off!!!!
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:35 AM »

It is kind of a silly ass thing to do though.

It'd be kinda like walking up and down the aisles at a gun show waving a gay pride flag.

Like, "This is about guns motherfucker, not who yer havin' sex with!!"

Total disconnect.

Wouldn't bother me even a bit, just seems stupid, Jew flag or otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:50:48 PM by quickmike »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »

It's not a total disconnect.  The Israeli government is an example of limited government when compared to the rest of the Middle East.  Obviously it isn't perfect.  I don't think anybody would ever say it is.  And even the most patriotic Americans will admit that the US government is fucked up.  And even the most anarchist anti-government types will admit that the American government is one of the most free in the world.

I'm the type of guy who would rock an American flag and an Israeli flag and still claim anarcho-sympathiser status.  I just believe in freedom, and believe that more freedom is better than less freedom.  Israel and the United States represents more freedom than the vast majority of the rest of the world.  And I do sport an American flag on my rig and an Israeli flag on my bike.  And I am also down with Lysander Spooner and Murray Rothbard and Thomas Jefferson and Martin Buber (the anarcho-Zionist philosopher who pretty much started the Kibbutzim).

Do you people really think that it is impossible to be a Zionist and a freedom lover at the same time?  I know that I am.  And so are all of my family members and several of my friends who may share my religious beliefs or not.

Many of us wave the American flag or the Israeli flag not in complete blind support of the respective governments, but in support of the message that those flags carry with them.  Both flags carry the message of liberty and mutual cooperation and respect for individual rights.  

Of course neither government completely respects those messages, but it is impossible for any government to do so.  What is possible is for governments to make genuine attempts to pursue those messages.  When people like myself and many others like me go around waving an American flag in spite of Obama and Bush and so many other figureheads destroying our freedoms and disrespecting our rights, its not because we support the current government.  It's because we support the message and theme that the flag represents.  And that message IS liberty.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:22:20 PM by Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith) »
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »

Far be it from me to tell anyone what kind, or where to fly their flag of choice.

After all, Obama sports two of em on his jet. He must be a good man.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »

It's not a total disconnect.  The Israeli government is an example of limited government when compared to the rest of the Middle East.  Obviously it isn't perfect.  I don't think anybody would ever say it is.  And even the most patriotic Americans will admit that the US government is fucked up.  And even the most anarchist anti-government types will admit that the American government is one of the most free in the world.

I'm the type of guy who would rock an American flag and an Israeli flag and still claim anarcho-sympathiser status.  I just believe in freedom, and believe that more freedom is better than less freedom.  Israel and the United States represents more freedom than the vast majority of the rest of the world.  And I do sport an American flag on my rig and an Israeli flag on my bike.  And I am also down with Lysander Spooner and Murray Rothbard and Thomas Jefferson and Martin Buber (the anarcho-Zionist philosopher who pretty much started the Kibbutzim).

Do you people really think that it is impossible to be a Zionist and a freedom lover at the same time?  I know that I am.  And so are all of my family members and several of my friends who may share my religious beliefs or not.

Many of us wave the American flag or the Israeli flag not in complete blind support of the respective governments, but in support of the message that those flags carry with them.  Both flags carry the message of liberty and mutual cooperation and respect for individual rights. 

Of course neither government completely respects those messages, but it is impossible for any government to do so.  What is possible is for governments to make genuine attempts to pursue those messages.  When people like myself and many others like me go around waiving an American flag in spite of Obama and Bush and so many other figureheads destroying our freedoms and disrespecting our rights, its not because we support the current government.  It's because we support the message and theme that the flag represents.  And that message IS liberty.

Thanks for this!

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »

I like you guys.

I just think you're putting to much emotional investment on a symbol.

Carry on though. aint my bitch.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »

its not emotional - its intellectual!  My bitch is outside eating her dogfood!

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »

I like you guys.

I just think you're putting to much emotional investment on a symbol.

Carry on though. aint my bitch.
Eh, not me.  Symbols are just symbols.  I just get upset about the message behind certain symbols...

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

I guess thats where im diff from most people. Words meant to hurt and flags n shit like that mean less than nothing to me really.

Nigger, Jew-Dog, Chink, etc etc.......... If I was black, call me a nigger. DO-NOT-CARE.

Had a real good Jewish friend, S. Swartz in middle school. Some freakazoid trailer trashy kinda guy called him "Jewish Pig" on the bus and he got all worked up, went home told his dad. Next day on the bus he shows me a SEVEN PAGE FUCKIN' ESSAY his dad wrote to give to the principal about their heritage and what an insult and whatnot, really biting, serious content. Even at the age of 12, I remember thinking what a waste of emotion that was, letting some dickhead get control of you that way. Exactly what dickhead wanted im sure. I lost a little bit of respect for my good friend over that for letting this hillbilly control his feelings like that , for a little while anyway.

Whatever happened to sticks and stones?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:55:46 PM by quickmike »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »

I guess thats where im diff from most people. Words meant to hurt and flags n shit like that mean less than nothing to me really.

Nigger, Jew-Dog, Chink, etc etc.......... If I was black, call me a nigger. DO-NOT-CARE.

Had a real good Jewish friend, S. Swartz in middle school. Some freakazoid trailer trashy kinda guy called him "Jewish Pig" on the bus and he got all worked up, went home told his dad. Next day on the bus he shows me a SEVEN PAGE FUCKIN' ESSAY his dad wrote to give to the principal about their heritage and what an insult and whatnot, really biting, serious content. Even at the age of 12, I remember thinking what a waste of emotion that was, letting some dickhead get control of you that way. Exactly what dickhead wanted im sure. I lost a little bit of respect for my good friend over that for letting this hillbilly control his feelings like that , for a little while anyway.

Whatever happened to sticks and stones?
See, when that happened to me, I'd beat the shithead's ass.  But usually it would be a group of them who would start shit with a bunch of my Jewish and Mexican skin friends.  I never got involved with any cultural fads, but I'd always be down to fight some bigots with some trad skins.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »

Nah, just slip in his window when he's sleeping and slash his throat with a straight razor. :o

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »

A while ago I was thinking up a new phrase to describe my beliefs.  If I wasn't a minarchist fence sitter I thought that anarcho-nationalist was a pretty cool term.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Comment about the local tea party-Israel flag waver there

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.