Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. It's Christmas Time in the City.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. It's Christmas Time in the City.  (Read 3289 times)

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. It's Christmas Time in the City.
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

I'm having trouble counting the fail in this one.  It's chock-full-o government worker.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kt_r-jO3lKE[/youtube]
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. It's Christmas Time in the City.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »

That vehicle shouldn't have been parked there. It's not like there isn't probably stripes painted on the road, and signs right out in the open to tell the vehicle owners that. They could have easily moved that truck somewhere else and not have been such a PIA to the dutiful servants attempting to assist the city's motorists you know.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

yeah....isn't it well-known in all cities to NOT park on the streets during certain times of the year between certain hours for snow clearing?
looks like everyone on that fucking street didn't get the memo.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:31:50 PM »

I was only kidding up there Massah Dragline :)

What would you have done if that was your ol' truck gettin' whomped like that?

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:14 PM »

The stories my friends have in coming back up here from NYC are horrendous. People have been abandoning cars in the middle of the street, on the BQE, and in the middle lane of Ocean Parkway. There are double-parked cars snowed in, and plows cant get through the narrow side-streets because of them. I have a coworker who has been stuck in Brooklyn for 2 days now because a plow went around a car thats blocking him.

I've heard of strangers, and acquaintances crashing at peoples homes on short, or no notice. Ambulances cant get anywhere, and people have died from it. Other coworkers have altogether skipped out on weddings of friends in the city, and it just didn't have to be like this. Word on the street is that this is a concentrated effort of unions to fuck around with Bloomberg, and make him look like an asshat, and with only 2 feet of snow to deal with, I believe it. Plow routes are determined months in advance, and organized down to the street level.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »

Shovels.

DIY.

Shovels.

DIY.

Shovels.

DIY.

Shovels.

DIY.

Riddler

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 09:59:29 AM »

I was only kidding up there Massah Dragline :)

What would you have done if that was your ol' truck gettin' whomped like that?

thats why i don live in no steenking city, greengo

bobbysan

• Aspiring Beachbum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

It was probably the guys own truck. He'll probably sue the city for a new one because, he was on duty when he wrecked it.
The sweet pretty things are in bed now of course\The city fathers they’re trying to endorse\The reincarnation of Paul Revere’s horse\But the town has no need to be nervous
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. It's Christmas Time in the City.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.