Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 539547 times)

Caveman

Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2006, 11:54:18 PM »

I don't beleive god exists but as that realization slwoly manifested itself I saw that God had to be a Libertarian because basically he allows us to do whatever we want. However I then came to the realization that God has no authority over us even if he did exist.

Why? Because he does not create us, we are products from an act of sex (hopefully consensual  :P) thats it, there is no creation.

Furthermore God basically throws us onto the planet and says hey good luck figure everything out on your own. God leaves us orphaned and alone without any sense of direction. If you were left at an orphanage and lived tere your whole life but then suddenly your parents come and say hey you need to follow our rules now would you accept? Of course not, even if they were your parents they voided their parental rights by leaving you.

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #766 on: March 27, 2006, 12:58:19 AM »

I don't beleive god exists but as that realization slwoly manifested itself I saw that God had to be a Libertarian because basically he allows us to do whatever we want. However I then came to the realization that God has no authority over us even if he did exist.

Why? Because he does not create us, we are products from an act of sex (hopefully consensual  :P) thats it, there is no creation.

Furthermore God basically throws us onto the planet and says hey good luck figure everything out on your own. God leaves us orphaned and alone without any sense of direction. If you were left at an orphanage and lived tere your whole life but then suddenly your parents come and say hey you need to follow our rules now would you accept? Of course not, even if they were your parents they voided their parental rights by leaving you.

Hey, I used to live in Fairbanks.  Loved it there.

Anyway, the conception of life is a miracle that is not to be taken lightly.  God created the first beings and we are their children.  God created the universe we call home.  The universe is what convinces me there is a God, not what I hear from others.  The creation is testimony enough of the Creator.  These are clues to His existance and it is those clues that are to entice us to think about where it all came from.  He provides us with a fertile planet to live on.  Plenty of resourses and oportunities to experiment with and discover.  There are endless possibilities for your life.  You take the building blocks and make the best structure that you can.

Caveman

« Reply #767 on: March 27, 2006, 03:11:43 AM »

Hey, I used to live in Fairbanks.  Loved it there.

I live in Anchorage  8) much better place than Fairbanks which is only really nice in the summer. The winter is nasty there  :x

Anyway, the conception of life is a miracle that is not to be taken lightly. God created the first beings and we are their children. God created the universe we call home. The universe is what convinces me there is a God, not what I hear from others. The creation is testimony enough of the Creator. These are clues to His existance and it is those clues that are to entice us to think about where it all came from. He provides us with a fertile planet to live on. Plenty of resourses and oportunities to experiment with and discover. There are endless possibilities for your life. You take the building blocks and make the best structure that you can.

Ive heard the argument before that OHH look at this beautiful creation THERE MUST BE A GOD. Yeah to me its not very impressing I guess im just weird or something but how is this a proof of god when there are other alternatives that are just as likely.

If you don't listen to others opinions then whats that bible your toting?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 27, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »

I rather like the winters in Fairbanks.  I find it amazing (cold) and beautiful (white).  I like the fact that they don't sand the roads but rather leave them with some packed snow which makes for fun driving.  Being able to drive down the river in your car is pretty cool.  Having a snowmobile in your yard and riding it into town to get groceries is unique.

As to the Bible that I use, I take much of it with a grain of salt.  My primary belief is based on what my heart tells me and the "testimony" I see in the creation.  I use the Bible as a historic document that is "inspired" by God but not "written" by Him.  There are many translations and all have some problems, I think.  To get the real meaning of what the writers had to say you would have to find an original language version that had not been tampered with (doesn't exist) and then learn that language as if it were your birth language.  I don't know of any way to do this...

robbyweber82

« Reply #769 on: March 28, 2006, 09:33:18 AM »

amish anarchy! Cuz unlike christians they still put others first.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 28, 2006, 09:42:09 AM »

Aren't they professed "Christians"?

Caveman

« Reply #771 on: March 28, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »

I rather like the winters in Fairbanks.  I find it amazing (cold) and beautiful (white).  I like the fact that they don't sand the roads but rather leave them with some packed snow which makes for fun driving.  Being able to drive down the river in your car is pretty cool.  Having a snowmobile in your yard and riding it into town to get groceries is unique.

As to the Bible that I use, I take much of it with a grain of salt.  My primary belief is based on what my heart tells me and the "testimony" I see in the creation.  I use the Bible as a historic document that is "inspired" by God but not "written" by Him.  There are many translations and all have some problems, I think.  To get the real meaning of what the writers had to say you would have to find an original language version that had not been tampered with (doesn't exist) and then learn that language as if it were your birth language.  I don't know of any way to do this...

?what? If you don't truly believe the bible is the inspired word of God then hwo can you call yourself a christian. Without the bible there is no Jesus.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »

I was up in Ketchican a two years ago working on one of those roads to nowhere.  It was February and the weather was nicer there than in Iowa.  Go figure.  When I heard about that bridge from the town to the airport it blew my mind.
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »

?what? If you don't truly believe the bible is the inspired word of God then hwo can you call yourself a christian. Without the bible there is no Jesus.

I believe that the bible is "inspired", but believe it is to be acknowledged for what it is.  A collection of writings written in other languages, perhaps changed in the course of history and certainly there's things "lost in translation". 

Besides, there's no requirement to believe in "The Bible" to be a Christian or else those Christians in the first century could not claim to be Christians as there was no "New Testiment" bible back then.  There was the "Old Testiment" in the Hebrew language however...

Belief in Christ as saviour is all that I believe is required to be a "Christian"...  Feel free to differ with me...

Caveman

« Reply #774 on: March 28, 2006, 07:19:54 PM »

It just seems odd because without the bible you wouldn't know about Jesus. So to reject the bible seems to me to be rejecting Jesus.

And yes things are nice up here during the summer Alaska has wonderful weather.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 28, 2006, 11:13:22 PM »

It just seems odd because without the bible you wouldn't know about Jesus. So to reject the bible seems to me to be rejecting Jesus.

And yes things are nice up here during the summer Alaska has wonderful weather.

It seems odd, but there are other sources of info.  There's the historical record of "historians" who have mentioned Jesus.  There's oral tradition which is not used as much these days but some were recorded centuries ago.  I also believe in trusting your heart.  I do believe that our spirit tunes in to God.  Things just "click" better when heading the right direction.  Kinda like a spiritual "radar"...

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 29, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »

God-dar  :shock:

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 29, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »

Welcome back...

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 29, 2006, 09:55:25 PM »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 02, 2006, 05:33:02 PM »

I found this article which puts the argument for "Universal Salvation" on the table.  This is what I believe and thought I would post it here for discussion.  Any takers ??

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Bibleproofs2.html
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 33 queries.