Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543164 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #3105 on: February 27, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »

I love that Trucker's delight video shaw posted... that's my favorite one. Gene's censorship is silly...

My "censorship" is silly??  Perhaps I need to start posting all those death pictures in some of these other pet threads here.  Then we can see if you guys "censor"...

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:43 PM »

Wow!!  The freetalklive forum is officially declared "deceased" by me...

It took 6 days for my thread to get pushed back to the third page.  This forum used to be so active that a thread could be pushed back to the second page in hours if not posted in, now the first page has threads that haven't been posted in for days.

The reason the forum is dead is all the trolls here who have commandeered the forum as their own.  They "rule" by using bullying tactics to get people to tire of responding to endless vulgar and pointless comments .  Even the forums pride and joy, the breasts thread will go days without a post and if it weren't for the fact that the moderators have "stickyed" it to the front page, it might have received maybe half the attention it has. 

Congratulations trolls, you may pat yourselves on your backs...

Come to the Mises Institute, dude, there's some Hoppean Conservatards you can knock around. :)

Hobbesian? :P

No Hoppean as in someone who agrees with Hans Hermann Hoppe.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 02, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »

Wow!!  The freetalklive forum is officially declared "deceased" by me...

It took 6 days for my thread to get pushed back to the third page.  This forum used to be so active that a thread could be pushed back to the second page in hours if not posted in, now the first page has threads that haven't been posted in for days.

The reason the forum is dead is all the trolls here who have commandeered the forum as their own.  They "rule" by using bullying tactics to get people to tire of responding to endless vulgar and pointless comments .  Even the forums pride and joy, the breasts thread will go days without a post and if it weren't for the fact that the moderators have "stickyed" it to the front page, it might have received maybe half the attention it has. 

Congratulations trolls, you may pat yourselves on your backs...

Come to the Mises Institute, dude, there's some Hoppean Conservatards you can knock around. :)

Hobbesian? :P

No Hoppean as in someone who agrees with Hans Hermann Hoppe.

Thanks, I really like what I read about him on Wikipedia. 

"Following in the tradition of Murray Rothbard, Hoppe has analyzed the behavior of government using the tools of Austrian-economic theory. Defining a government as "a territorial monopolist of jurisdiction and taxation" and assuming no more than self-interest on the part of government officials, he predicts that these government officials will use their monopoly privileges to maximize their own wealth and power. Hoppe argues that there is a high degree of correlation between these theoretical predictions and historical data."

I'd like to shake this guys hand.  And to think that he was at Las Vegas when I was in Reno.  Too bad I didn't know then what I know now.  I must have read some of his articles on Mises but never paid much attention to the article writer...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 12, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »

Ok, this is not about "Christian Anarchy" but I find this old "Mad" Magazine cover to be more fitting now than ever...    :lol:

I grew up reading "Mad" and find many of their satires to be right on target...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »

My "predictions" for the future of the "USA"...

My new tagline should be "U.S.A. - R.I.P." since it's clear now that this fiction has expired.  The "idea" that we could have a "limited government" has been shown to be false.  The new bill for healthcare is not the problem, but rather a symptom of the failure of the people to believe in liberty.  Due to a failure of "the people" to teach their children what liberty means, we have seen a complete reversal in the meaning of the word to the average man.  "Liberty" now means "Servant of the state" and personal responsibility is a distant memory.  We see the "gang" in Washington have thrown out all the supposed "rules" and now is so lawless that every person I know has realized that there's no hope that these criminals can be restrained. 

But as to predictions:  Unrest will continue to grow, inflation is going to continue it's climb at a logarithmic scale, joblessness with continue it's climb.  The gap between those who have and those who have not is going to widen.  Even those who have managed to gain "millionaire" status will see their wealth eroded.  Those wealthy enough to create and run the businesses that keep others employed will be leaving this country for others with more economic freedom.  What will be left will be mostly those with their hands out looking for mommy government to take care of them.  Of course that will not happen as the resources will be gone and those employed to provide the assistance will become ever more disconnected from their duties and the bread lines will grow.  The natural result of these conditions will be the increase in violent crime and the deterioration of the inferstructure.

Look to South Africa or Mexico and you will see where we are heading...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 07, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »

The cult strikes again.  This video of the photo journalists getting massacred by the cobra gunship (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about) is a study in cult behavior.  The "cult" I'm talking of is the "belief" that some fiction called the U S of A gives men with guns and fancy killing equipment the "authority" to use them against fellow men (neutral gender term girls).  Sure, we all have the right to defend ourselves against agression, but we cannot defend ourselves against someone we THINK may agress against us SOME day.  There is no "pre-crime" ability yet. 

There is no greater evil in this world and no other source of destruction to the lives of men than the cult belief in "government".  Whether you are talking of the cult of Rome that hung men to die on crosses or our modern version of Cobra gunships blowing people into pieces, NONE of these cults have legitimate authority to kill anyone.  All such killing is murder being committed by the MEN who do the killing (and conspiracy to commit murder by all the commanders). 

How can anyone condone this behavior??  Whom would Jesus bomb??

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 18, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »

When I called in yesterday about man's inability to affect the atmosphere of the planet, Mark countered (after I was off the air) that man definitely can and he used nuclear weapons as his "proof" that man can change our planetary environment.

Now while I will concede that the only way we can currently have any chance of modifying our environment would be with nuclear or biological means, I would like to make the point that even with those two methods, our ability to "destroy" our planet is less than what we have been led to believe.  Yes, nuclear bombs going off all over would indeed to some serious damage to life on this planet, however, even that great destruction is survivable and life would continue after such an event. 

http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

Here I have to cite some infallible logic I heard from a caller on The Power Hour who simply brought up the point that if nuclear weapons render and area to be totally uninhabitable then why are there people living at "ground zero" in Nagasaki and Hiroshima?

There is no doubt that a nuclear war would really really really really (is that enough "really's"?) mess up the planet, we have (again) been lied to about the aftermath of a war using nuclear weapons...

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 18, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »

Hey! Ian goaded me and I just said that enough nuclear bombs going off to cover the planet 5 times over would effect the weather.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 18, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »

The most important issue isn't whether the planet is warming or not, but whether the local pollution that mucks up fresh water sources and other such issues are a problem. The acidification of the fresh waters in North America is oddly one of those news pieces the media rarely covers even on the weekend edition and I have to wonder why. Maybe it's not sexy enough, but knowing that the water is becoming acidic enough to kill fish and trees should be more of a concern than a hypothetical disaster due to global warming as acidification is real and happening at present and not like global warming which seems to be always on the horizon of the future rather than occuring now.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 18, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »

The most important issue isn't whether the planet is warming or not, but whether the local pollution that mucks up fresh water sources and other such issues are a problem. The acidification of the fresh waters in North America is oddly one of those news pieces the media rarely covers even on the weekend edition and I have to wonder why. Maybe it's not sexy enough, but knowing that the water is becoming acidic enough to kill fish and trees should be more of a concern than a hypothetical disaster due to global warming as acidification is real and happening at present and not like global warming which seems to be always on the horizon of the future rather than occuring now.

Amen, and you have a witness.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: April 18, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »

Yes, localized pollution is a very real problem and no one can reasonably deny it.  There are more instances than can be listed of areas polluted to an extent that life in that area becomes difficult.  Mercury is a big problem (but then don't forget that mercury came from the ground in the first place) as is oil and chemical concentrations.  These, in time, are naturally reduced to levels where normal life can resume.  For her master's degree, my wife worked on "Bio-Remediation of Oil" in Alaska.  Some of her samples of oil came from Prudhoe Bay.  That bay was contaminated to the point of wiping out most of the fishing in that area, but now some 20 years later, nature is pretty much back to normal.  A great deal of the oil spill could not be cleaned up and had to be left to nature to "reclaim" the bay.  It's absolutely amazing how this planet "takes a licking, and keeps on ticking"...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3116 on: April 18, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »

Off subject - but has anyone ever been to the creationist museum?

I'm wondering specifically if the dinosaurs are realistic. I know they have a "vegitarian t-rex" in the garden of eden ( LOL :D ) but I don't know if the dinos actually look like they should or if they are softened down or what.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 19, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »

I'm wondering specifically if the dinosaurs are realistic. I know they have a "vegitarian t-rex" in the garden of eden ( LOL :D ) but I don't know if the dinos actually look like they should or if they are softened down or what.

I love to talk about the "adult fairy-tale" called evolution.  Although I have not been to the creationist museum, I am certain you will find things biased and some inaccuracies there.  Just like you will find the opposite point of view biased and inaccurate at any museum in the country...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:06 AM »

I found this great article on Lew Rockwell about Christians and Anarchy.  It makes the point that Christians of all people should be anarchists.  The writer points out the similarities between the early Mosaic law and anarcho-capitalism. 

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/carson2.html

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 29, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »

http://creationmuseum.org/

There are pictures on the website.
For God and Free Trade
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 32 queries.