Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 537698 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #3000 on: January 08, 2010, 12:44:32 AM »

At least radical Muslims blow shit up.  Christians just say stupid things.   :P

ROFL!  :lol:
Pocho

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3001 on: January 08, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

My girlfriend says her "Intro to Islam" class is chock full of people from her "Campus Christian Crusade" group.

LOL
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: January 08, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »

My girlfriend says her "Intro to Islam" class is chock full of people from her "Campus Christian Crusade" group.

LOL

That must be interesting....was it a course requirement, or are they trying to understand the enemy, or what?

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #3003 on: January 09, 2010, 05:35:48 PM »

I think Christians in general are trying to "understand" Muslims due to the current state of propaganda which attempts to paint all of them as bomb-throwing (or wearing) nutcases.  Of course, whenever you detect a sign of "propaganda" you can pretty much throw out everything the propagandist says as BS.  One thing I possess is a very good "BS detector" which is why I never bought into the "Global Warming" scam or the "Buildings fell just because" scam or the "Government exists" scam...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3004 on: January 09, 2010, 05:44:01 PM »

LOL

That must be interesting....was it a course requirement, or are they trying to understand the enemy, or what?

Pretty much a course requirement. We both found it amusing since I explained previously to her what the crusades were.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: January 09, 2010, 08:23:04 PM »

OK what changed?  My avatar pic has disappeared and I cannot upload a new one.  Some new requirement for avatar pics??

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: January 13, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »

OK so do you think I should quit calling Freetalklive?  About 2 months ago I noticed my "hold" time increasing when I called the show.  I would routinely spend 45 min. to and hour plus on hold while I hear Ian go though 5 to 8 other callers.  In many cases I hear 2 other "amp" callers go on ahead of me (I use the amp line).  I know that in the past, the amp line can only hold two callers so it's clear to me that Ian is trying to put me off.  Several times I was on hold right up until the end of the show.  One day I was on hold over 2 hours!!!

Let me make this clear, it's Ian's show.  He can do whatever he wants with his show.  Saturday I was on hold for over an hour and I hung up and called back.  When Ian answered I told him that if he doesn't want me on the show to just say so.  He said (rather sheepishly) "no, it's hard to get you on Saturday".  Lame excuse.  I hear Scott the bigot (and other regular callers) on the Saturday show all the time and I really doubt that he is waiting for 1.5 to 2 hours (is Scott on the bbs?). 

Now if Ian doesn't want me to call his show, I wish he would just grow a pair and tell me not to call...

Oh, I thought about pulling my amp dollars but I won't do that because I really want to see the show do well whatever Ian thinks of my views.  I think the message of liberty is too important to play games with the amp $$$.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:55:33 PM by ChristianRealist »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »

Sounds like you've been put in the same queue as Jeremy.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: January 14, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

Sounds like you've been put in the same queue as Jeremy.

Yeah, I think you're right.  I really don't understand it though.  Ian and I see pretty much eye-to-eye on everything except for my belief in the Creator.  I don't see why that should get me on the "avoid" list though.  Sometimes people just grate on you the wrong way and you don't want to hear their voice.  Maybe I just get on his nerve with my tone of voice or tempo.  I know I really don't like hearing my own voice, so maybe he doesn't like it either...  :lol:

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: January 16, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »

I was listening to the latest episode of Freetalklive and did notice one other area of contention between me and Ian.  He loves to refer to the cult called "government" as a real entity.  Of course I remind him from time to time that "government" only exists in the minds of the cult members who believe in it.  In every instance throughout history these "cults" disband and the cult members continue living in confusion after the bulk of people lose confidence in the fiction and thereby open their eyes to the realization that there is no "Rome" or "Babylon" or "Fill-In-The-Blank"... there are only people and things.  Some of these people tend to trick others into believing that they have some sort of "authority" over other people.  As my favorite movie character V says, "beneath this mask is more than flesh and blood, beneath this mask is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof"...  Freedom and Liberty are ideas that are bulletproof.  The "idea" that men can have authority over other men is a competing idea that is based on fear.  The fear that somehow these men really DO have authority (they don't) and that they will hurt us if we question that authority (they will at first, but if the greater part of men realize their authority is bogus, the idea of freedom prevails).

Now Mark, he's another story.  He really does believe in the tooth-fairy called government...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3010 on: January 17, 2010, 01:27:07 AM »

The "idea" that men can have authority over other men is a competing idea that is based on fear.

Moses was an authoritarian.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: January 18, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »

The "idea" that men can have authority over other men is a competing idea that is based on fear.

Moses was an authoritarian.

Never really thought about it but you may be right.  Moses was just a man after all and his contact with God may have made him think he was special.  God did not think so (I presume) since he would not allow Moses to cross over into the promised land...

Other than this alledged "personal" problem, I see no problem with him leading the children of Israel through the desert.  They were part of a "private" verbal contract (from what I can determine) and any of the people who wanted to could leave. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: January 18, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

So do you think it was wrong for God to issues orders to his people through Moses?  After all, for all they knew Moses could have just been an authoritarian using God as a cover. 

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: January 21, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »

So do you think it was wrong for God to issues orders to his people through Moses?  After all, for all they knew Moses could have just been an authoritarian using God as a cover. 

A bit of a loaded question, isn't it?  Of course God cannot do "wrong" so one has to look at other elements of the question and the pre-conceived conclusions within.  Did the people know Moses could have just been and authoritarian and could Moses have been using God as a cover?  There is yet another big and very common pre-conceived conclusion that God issued orders to Moses.  So here's my take on it...   

I do believe that God spoke to Moses and I believe that Moses tried to carry out what he understood to be the will of God.  Moses, however, is a man and men are imperfect.  Since I know that Moses was just an imperfect man such as myself I have to conclude that he made mistakes in both his understanding of what God was asking him to do and in the execution of those orders.  I do not know what his "error" rate was and can only guess.  My guess would be that Moses had an error rate of maybe 5% on both his understanding of his orders AND his execution of those orders...

Of course within all of this, what the people believed is not relevant.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:42 AM »

Of course God can do wrong.  How many prophets argued with him?  Do you remember which prophet argued for God to not destroy a whole city of sin?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.