Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 539557 times)

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2820 on: July 25, 2009, 09:38:53 AM »

Your argument amounts to: "Since I hate the word government, then I will use synonyms and euphemisms for the word government if it refers to any of its legitimate forms".

Well, no, actually my argument is that there are no LEGITIMATE forms of a fiction called "government"...
(and "self-government" does not count here as it is a totally different animal than the accepted idea of "government"...)

Repeating yourself is non-responsive and only serves to confirm what I wrote.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2821 on: July 25, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »

Your argument amounts to: "Since I hate the word government, then I will use synonyms and euphemisms for the word government if it refers to any of its legitimate forms".

Well, no, actually my argument is that there are no LEGITIMATE forms of a fiction called "government"...
(and "self-government" does not count here as it is a totally different animal than the accepted idea of "government"...)

Repeating yourself is non-responsive and only serves to confirm what I wrote.

Well then let me reiterate...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »

Oh, and by the way, how can I get a "sticky" on the first page like the breasts thread?  Everyone wants to compare my thread to that one and make some sort of "competition" to see who can make a greater "splash" on this bbs, but it's not an even match since they have the advantage of being stuck to the first page where most of the traffic is.  I could just be a jerk and bump this thread every day, but I do not have the time nor the inclination to do so...

I'm not really interested in the competition, but I would like for more people to be "exposed" (pun intended) to the idea of Christian Anarchy...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: August 03, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »

Christian Anarchy is gaining in popularity...

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2363474/

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2824 on: August 03, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »

History of, by an actor.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: August 05, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »

History of, by an actor.

Not sure I understand your meaning ...

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2826 on: August 05, 2009, 05:06:28 PM »

History of, by an actor.

Not sure I understand your blind faith...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

History of, by an actor.

Not sure I understand your blind faith...

Funny you should bring up "blind faith" because that is not what I practice (as I've stated before).  My belief in a Creator is based on my personal observations of the world I live in.  These are the same senses I use to determine for myself (without the need of any "scientists") that there is no man-made global warming.  When I travel at 40,000 ft and look at this beautiful globe we live on and then put into perspective those little tiny tiny tiny smokestacks on the surface and the little tiny tiny tiny amount of carbon we put into this huge atmosphere surrounding this globe, I realize that we are not even a drop in the bucket as far as the amount of air, water and dirt on this planet.  In my mind I try to analyze the amount of "stuff" we put into the ecosystem (of course most of that "stuff" came from the ecosystem to begin with) and I realize that we couldn't affect the climate even if we put our minds to do so. 

Using the same ability to "observe" my surroundings, I came to the conclusion that there's way too much complexity in this universe (from atoms to galaxies - not to mention life forces) to have just occurred by random chance.  Then there's the question as to how the universe came about and of course there are no satisfactory answers.  One can say (and I know you will) that there's also no satisfactory answer to the question of where did God come from either and I will grant you that one in exchange for you granting me the point I just made.  So as we stand here I see myself at a higher "score" than any who believe in "chance".  Our score is even regarding the mechanism responsible for the creation of the universe, but my logic regarding creation over "natural causes" is supported by my observations of the complex nature of the creation leading to the conclusion that SOMEONE had to be the engineer of it...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:51:27 PM by ChristianAnarchist »

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2828 on: August 06, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »

My belief in a Creator is based on my personal observations of the world I live in.  These are the same senses I use to determine for myself (without the need of any "scientists")

Belief in a creator is blind faith. Even though you made a "logical" assumption based on YOUR senses and YOUR observations it's really just one of millions that could be made.  Everything in this world is too complex for our tiny minds to comprehend. As comforting/scary as it would be to believe that there is some entity with the knowledge to understand and create all that we know is a silly conclusion to make just like assuming the big bang is fact. You can't possibly know one way or the other. Even your own senses can lie to you. It's nice to BELIEVE we have the answer though.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:44:48 AM by Hideaki »

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: August 07, 2009, 05:33:06 AM »

My belief in a Creator is based on my personal observations of the world I live in.  These are the same senses I use to determine for myself (without the need of any "scientists")

Belief in a creator is blind faith. Even though you made a "logical" assumption based on YOUR senses and YOUR observations it's really just one of millions that could be made.  Everything in this world is too complex for our tiny minds to comprehend. As comforting/scary as it would be to believe that there is some entity with the knowledge to understand and create all that we know is a silly conclusion to make just like assuming the big bang is fact. You can't possibly know one way or the other. Even your own senses can lie to you. It's nice to BELIEVE we have the answer though.

Not all faith, even faith in God, is necessarily blind faith. One may think that he has powerful reasons to believe in God and, therefore, have strong confidence (faith) in God's existence.

What makes faith blind, meaning dogmatic, is the closing of one's mind to all evidence, logic and reason that may falsify the religion ( A devotion to a principle, philosophy, or any set of beliefs.) in which one has faith. ( Gene's evasiveness is clear evidence that he has no interest in anything that might cause him to examine his faith; hence he's a dogmatist.)

You make it sound as if nothing is really knowable to our "tiny minds" and if by "knowable", you mean beyond dispute by any possible evidence or logic, that would be true, but wouldn't that kind of dogmatic knowing be evidence of a tiny mind at work? Isn't true knowledge that which we have good evidence and reason to believe and even have faith in, with the proviso that it is subject to the expected refinement, modification or outright falsification that will come with further evidence or subtler interpretation?

Before we can have true knowledge or understanding, we must have faith in ourselves as individuals and as humans; in our ability to grow in skills, understanding and wisdom.

I believe that with faith, almost anything, even achievements unimaginable to us today, are possible.

As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2830 on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »

What evidence, logic and reason is there to religion?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:43 AM »

My belief in a Creator is based on my personal observations of the world I live in.  These are the same senses I use to determine for myself (without the need of any "scientists")

Belief in a creator is blind faith. Even though you made a "logical" assumption based on YOUR senses and YOUR observations it's really just one of millions that could be made.  Everything in this world is too complex for our tiny minds to comprehend. As comforting/scary as it would be to believe that there is some entity with the knowledge to understand and create all that we know is a silly conclusion to make just like assuming the big bang is fact. You can't possibly know one way or the other. Even your own senses can lie to you. It's nice to BELIEVE we have the answer though.

I already gave up the point that as far as the creation fo the universe both points are unprovable and equal in the need for "faith" to believe in.  My point was that the complexity of the creation is what has convinced me of a creator.  That complexity cannot be disputed.  To explain complexity arising out of chaos takes true "blind faith".  To explain complexity as a result of an engineer requires no "blind faith"...

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2832 on: August 07, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »

To explain complexity arising out of chaos takes true "blind faith".

What is life but chaos? The world around you is chaotic.

To explain complexity as a result of an engineer requires no "blind faith"...

Believing in some all mighty entity who created this chaotic world doesn't take blind faith? When there are plenty of religions that say they are right or this is how things are. It makes less sense then being created out of chaos. Even if there was an "engineer" as you put it then "it" really doesn't give a shit for you or anyone else.

Just saw this for the first time. I thought it was kinda funny.

[youtube=425,350]pPdFrW076R0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 05:13:13 PM by Hideaki »

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: August 07, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

What evidence, logic and reason is there to religion?

Which religion? Not all religions are concerned with the concept of God. Even a theological (God based) religion may be based upon evidence and reason. That doesn't mean that the evidence isn't misinterpreted and that the reasoning process isn't faulty.

A sincere adherent to a theology, if he's not dogmatic, is open to a change in his beliefs. I'm sure you've met people who once believed in God, but no longer do.

While many adherents to both theological and non-theological religions may be, to a greater or lesser extent, irrationally dogmatic, there is no rule that requires religions to demand this foolishness.

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: August 07, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »

What is life but chaos? The world around you is chaotic.

The world may seem chaotic, but is, in fact, governed by universal laws.

Life is a process that creates its own order amid this seeming chaos.

The human mind, through the process of reason, discovers the nature of these laws, so as to bring about a higher level of self governing order, thereby increasing the quality of life and the chances of survival.

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 33 queries.