Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 539519 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2790 on: June 10, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »

Oh but I'm sure if you had somehow accidentally made a logo based on a Garglesnorflat, and then learned about Tarkleshanks... you'd have to demonstrate how open minded you are by reevaluating your "position" right?

If Gene had been on time for dinner, he would have known that they were serving tarkleshanks with a garglesnorflat sauce last night... They announced it when the food was served...

Johnson (piledriver of reason), you have a desire to be right on everything, don't you?  Hey guess what?  YOU ARE RIGHT !!!

Now what?  pound your chest like a gorilla?

I can't even determine what it is you are trying to prove here...  That I demonstrate my positions by my actions?  Don't we all?

Just pointing out your little linguistic dishonesties. Since basically all religion (including strong atheism) is an act of fraud, it's not surprising that religious people tend to lie in many ways.

I've never been a strong supporter of "religion".  Organized religion is another fiction, just like government.  It is truth regarding the Creator I seek.  I only present my findings along that journey.  Most "religions" would condemn me as a "heretic".  Perhaps not the Quakers though, so maybe I will have to try to find a Quaker meeting around here...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »

endless thread never ends....

Yep, it's still going strong - http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=25507.msg546473;topicseen#new

Hey, the Christian Anarchist has nothing against breasts... In fact, we would have far less problems if everyone just walked around nude...  (like we were created)...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 15, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »

In my travels around the internet, I find this to be interesting as pertaining to Christian Anarchy.  Of course Eller is one of the modern reformers and teachers in this area so I wanted to provide this link for any who wish to do some study into the idea of "Christian Anarchy" (and yes, I know that many here do not wish to, this is not addressed to those).

http://www.hccentral.com/eller12/

I do not agree with the way the writer addresses the term "government" as I have pointed out that there is no such thing.  I would have used the term "fiction called government", but that's just me I guess...

Russell Griswold

« Reply #2793 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »

endless thread never ends....

Yep, it's still going strong - http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=25507.msg546473;topicseen#new

Hey, the Christian Anarchist has nothing against breasts... In fact, we would have far less problems if everyone just walked around nude...  (like we were created)...

Are we referring to ourselves in third person now?  :lol:

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #2794 on: July 15, 2009, 11:30:30 PM »

Jesus taught and lived by principles diametrically opposed to government and taxes. If that is true, then those who would live their lives according to the principles Jesus taught will neither collect, receive, nor voluntarily pay taxes, nor be involved with the state in any way that can possibly be avoided.
Although Jesus died of his own volition in compliance with his Father's will in order to save mankind from sin, which may be the most important fact to know about Jesus,  it is likely and eminently logical to believe that Pontius Pilate crucified Jesus for teaching his disciples that taxation is condemned by God's commandment, Thou shalt not steal. Pilate obviously didn't kill Jesus to save mankind from sin, although Jesus died for that purpose. Did he die to save us from taxes? If taxes are sinful because they violate God's Commandment, it follows as night follows day that indeed he did.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 16, 2009, 06:18:38 AM »

Oh but I'm sure if you had somehow accidentally made a logo based on a Garglesnorflat, and then learned about Tarkleshanks... you'd have to demonstrate how open minded you are by reevaluating your "position" right?

If Gene had been on time for dinner, he would have known that they were serving tarkleshanks with a garglesnorflat sauce last night... They announced it when the food was served...

Johnson (piledriver of reason), you have a desire to be right on everything, don't you?  Hey guess what?  YOU ARE RIGHT !!!

Now what?  pound your chest like a gorilla?

I can't even determine what it is you are trying to prove here...  That I demonstrate my positions by my actions?  Don't we all?

Just pointing out your little linguistic dishonesties. Since basically all religion (including strong atheism) is an act of fraud, it's not surprising that religious people tend to lie in many ways.

As an atheist, I resent that! Yes; Atheism is one of my religions.

A person who has no religion is a cynic and probably a nihilist; not the type of person I would be inclined to trust.

Just because there are dogmatic, fraudulent or sincere, but misguided, religions, that doesn't mean that religion can't also be a devotion to some ideal, moral principle or philosophy that's non-dogmatic, i.e., falsifiable.

You have fallen victim to the theological premise, (that theology is the only possible kind of religion), in the same way that libertarians have fallen victim to the statist premise, (that the state is the only possible form of government).

These premises have empowered both theology and the state for too long. They must die!
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #2796 on: July 16, 2009, 08:14:59 AM »

Sometimes people, especially theologists, like to claim that atheism is a religion, out of a mistaken notion that a religion is defined as ANY belief whatsoever. But, that is incorrect--at least, according to my dictionary. My dictionary defines "religion" as "A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny." Second definition: "An institution to express belief in a divine power."
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 16, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »

Sometimes people, especially theologists, like to claim that atheism is a religion, out of a mistaken notion that a religion is defined as ANY belief whatsoever. But, that is incorrect--at least, according to my dictionary. My dictionary defines "religion" as "A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny." Second definition: "An institution to express belief in a divine power."

All dictionary definitions are not the truth. They are a listing of meanings that people rightly or wrongly ascribe to words. The examples that you quote are religions, but they aren't the general definition. The general definition is the only one that can be logically correct. The other ones, even if they're more popular are still incorrect, because they exclude the other possibilities. Only the general definition includes all religions.

If, in some future time, the number one definition of religion became Islam, would that mean all other theologies were no longer religions?

The dictionary also gives the first definition of "cat" as the domestic cat or house cat. This is false. If this was the most truthful definition, then you should "correct" me, as you did above, if I claim that a tiger is a cat.

Saying that a cat is a house cat, a cat is a tiger, religion is theological or that religion is atheism are all false statements, regardless of how popular these definitions may be.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 16, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »

Which is why "government" fits the definition of "religion".  People "salute" the flag which is a representation of the "power" that is "believed" to exist for the "benefit" of the "members" (citizens)...

Of course many see that there just a little man behind the curtain.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #2799 on: July 16, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

All dictionary definitions are not the truth. They are a listing of meanings that people rightly or wrongly ascribe to words. The examples that you quote are religions, but they aren't the general definition. The general definition is the only one that can be logically correct. The other ones, even if they're more popular are still incorrect, because they exclude the other possibilities. Only the general definition includes all religions.

The whole idea of a dictionary is to describe the general use of words. In any case, when I use words, I try to stick to the dictionary definition. Otherwise, the meaning becomes whatever someone with an agenda SAYS it is.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #2800 on: July 16, 2009, 11:55:53 PM »

If you believe that the law actually cares about you is this considered a "religion".
Sometimes the right word to use is "delusion"

8)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #2801 on: July 17, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »

de⋅lu⋅sion
  /dɪˈluʒən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-loo-zhuhn] Show IPA
Use delusion in a Sentence
–noun
1.    an act or instance of deluding.
2.    the state of being deluded.
3.    a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.
4.    Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.
Origin:
1375–1425; late ME < L dēlūsiōn- (s. of dēlūsiō), equiv. to dēlūs(us) (ptp. of dēlūdere; see delude ) + -iōn- -ion

Related forms:
de⋅lu⋅sion⋅al, de⋅lu⋅sion⋅ar⋅y, adjective

Synonyms:
1. deception. See illusion.

People have a belief that the state has power thus the state is a delusion.......religion is just another organised delusion.

Cats cannot be religious and dont form states thus they are more intelligent than humans lol

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 17, 2009, 02:22:44 AM »

The whole idea of a dictionary is to describe the general use of words. In any case, when I use words, I try to stick to the dictionary definition. Otherwise, the meaning becomes whatever someone with an agenda SAYS it is.

In effect, you are claiming that logic and reality are subject to the winner of an opinion poll.

The order in which definitions are listed is only a reflection of popularity in usage. The definition that I use is the correct one because it encompasses all the other definitions. In logic, a concept is not defined by its particulars. It's that which all the particulars have in common that defines the concept.

If you define a car as a 1955 Chevy convertible, then you have committed the same fallacy as your claim that theology is religion.

If enough people commit a logical fallacy in their usage of a word, then it becomes definition #1, but educated people are still allowed to avoid these common misconceptions. That's why the proper definition is still listed.

When you allow the corruption of words to corrupt the way you think, then you mentally become enslaved to the misconceptions and delusions of the masses.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:11:05 AM by markuzick »

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 17, 2009, 02:32:43 AM »

I posted this on another thread. One of the implications is that anarchism is more compatible with primitive theology than the Christian religion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the primitive mind the universe seemed inexplicably chaotic. To explain this Man invented capricious spirits, demons and gods. This was a fiat universe, where reality was subject to the decree of the deities that were imagined to exist.

As early philosophy and science began to develop, men began to discover underlying principles to how the world worked, or the beginnings of universal law. Theology, too, began to evolve along with this new perspective. Now the gods were replaced with one God and his universal law( God's Law) to which even God, claims of his omnipotence to the contrary, was subject. God became the anthropomorphization of universal law. Now the world as seen by both the scientist and the theist is one of rich infinitely complex beauty and order, that is governed by the underlying principles of universal law.

So Man's perception of the universe evolved from that of an anarchic chaos subject to the caprice of deities, to the modern view of the universe as ordered complexity through the government of immutable universal law.

Government versus anarchy is not merely a political issue, but, more broadly, it's an ontological one.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: July 18, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »

I posted this on another thread. One of the implications is that anarchism is more compatible with primitive theology than the Christian religion.

It seems to me that anarchy is very compatible with Christianity and may even be basic to it (it is with me anyway).  Christ, Paul, John the baptist, etc. were all pretty much "anarchist" as pertains to earthly "governments".  Even the few places where (primarily Paul) wrote that seem to indicate some kind of acceptance of this concept of "government", can be easily taken in a different light which I feel is the correct understanding - that the "powers" spoken of are Godly powers and not those of "government".  I have shown many times where this thing called "government" is nothing more than a cult with all the trimmings of a cult and indeed is the worst of all cults resulting in the deaths and imprisonment of billions of people (not to mention all the fortunes stolen)...
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.