Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543089 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2775 on: June 01, 2009, 03:39:27 PM »

well, at least Gene isn't using the anarchosyndicalist flag in his logo anymore.

See, I evaluate every position of mine on a continual basis...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

Religion being sensible? Anything that involves that much faith and hope and "just needing to believe" cannot possibly be the sensible answer. It could turn out to be the best one but surely it is not a sensible one.

I agree that "religion" is not usually "sensible".  I do not propose a religion but rather a seeking of truth in regard to our Creator.  I believe that this "truth" includes Christ as savior, but you can make up your own mind.  There is only ONE truth, we are just in disagreement as to what it is.  It is certain that all of us are wrong about most of what is true, but we hope that we are right about some of what is true...

You claim there is a "creator". I would like you to prove your theory with the scientific method.  I doubt you can.

No, I've stated that I cannot.  I do not expect everyone to review the last 185 pages of this thread to see what has been stated but I have addressed this.  I have contrasted my position to the opposing position that "there is no God" and they are equal in credence.  Whatever your position, you have to make your decision based on your own observations and experience.  You can, however, evaluate the positions of others and see if they make sense to you.  This is the reason I share my viewpoint, to get others to think about their origins and the origin of this universe.  My claim that there is a Creator is based on my observation of nature and my understanding of the past.  We can certainly go into detail here on what my observation are that have convinced me there is a Creator...

thersites

• Government Child Care
    • View Profile
    • Sandusky County Politics Examiner
« Reply #2777 on: June 06, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

"Looked Morton Smith up on wiki.  Hadn't heard of him before now...."

I came across him while reading The Betrayal by Kathlen O'neal, and W. Michael Gear. Though fiction, they use footnote-fascinating story.

Might be total BS of course, but still interesting.
"your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park" Anthony Bourdain

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-11204-Sandusky-County-Politics-and-History-Examiner

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 06, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »

well, at least Gene isn't using the anarchosyndicalist flag in his logo anymore.

...or your use of it to begin with was just ANOTHER example of your ignorance...

...and the claim that your changing it was due to a REevaluation of ideology - just ANOTHER example of your dishonesty...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:16:55 PM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 07, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

...or your use of it to begin with was just ANOTHER example of your ignorance...

...and the claim that your changing it was due to a REevaluation of ideology - just ANOTHER example of your dishonesty...

I've never claimed to have absolute knowledge of everything.  In fact, I will admit to ignorance on many subjects.  The history of "anarchist flags" is certainly one I'm not well-versed in and I was basing my decision 3 years ago when I made that first logo on wikipedia info that was perhaps not real accurate.  I have decided to change it because I have more information and I had the time to mess with it.  It was not a real high priority for me but I did finally get around to it. 

So call me dishonest or call me whatever you want - just don't call me late to dinner...

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 09, 2009, 01:53:06 AM »

^ Late for dinner

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 09, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

Christians: A group of people who think that finally grasping something after acquiring a new piece knowledge constitutes a reevaluation of a position... Even though ignorance prevented them from having a "position" in the first place.  

Isn't that awesome...? Christians have positions on EVERYTHING. Even things they know nothing about and haven't even thought about...

Garglesnorflat vs Tarkleshanks? Gene ALREADY decided which side he stood on for that issue years ago. Even though he's never really thought about garglesnorflats, and never heard of a tarkleshank... He's got a position - and when he learns about those tarkleshanks... well you can damn well bet he's continually evaluating his positions.

In fact, he spends so much time evaluating his positions, it often makes poor Gene late to dinner.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:56:01 AM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 09, 2009, 06:02:21 PM »

^ Late for dinner

I SAID DON'T CALL ME THAT !!!   :!:

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 09, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

Christians: A group of people who think that finally grasping something after acquiring a new piece knowledge constitutes a reevaluation of a position... Even though ignorance prevented them from having a "position" in the first place. 

Isn't that awesome...? Christians have positions on EVERYTHING. Even things they know nothing about and haven't even thought about...

Garglesnorflat vs Tarkleshanks? Gene ALREADY decided which side he stood on for that issue years ago. Even though he's never really thought about garglesnorflats, and never heard of a tarkleshank... He's got a position - and when he learns about those tarkleshanks... well you can damn well bet he's continually evaluating his positions.

In fact, he spends so much time evaluating his positions, it often makes poor Gene late to dinner.

I am NEVER late for dinner and I have no ideal what Tarkelshanks or Garglesnorflats are so you win this round...   :lol:

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 09, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »

Oh but I'm sure if you had somehow accidentally made a logo based on a Garglesnorflat, and then learned about Tarkleshanks... you'd have to demonstrate how open minded you are by reevaluating your "position" right?

If Gene had been on time for dinner, he would have known that they were serving tarkleshanks with a garglesnorflat sauce last night... They announced it when the food was served...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »

Oh but I'm sure if you had somehow accidentally made a logo based on a Garglesnorflat, and then learned about Tarkleshanks... you'd have to demonstrate how open minded you are by reevaluating your "position" right?

If Gene had been on time for dinner, he would have known that they were serving tarkleshanks with a garglesnorflat sauce last night... They announced it when the food was served...

Johnson (piledriver of reason), you have a desire to be right on everything, don't you?  Hey guess what?  YOU ARE RIGHT !!!

Now what?  pound your chest like a gorilla?

I can't even determine what it is you are trying to prove here...  That I demonstrate my positions by my actions?  Don't we all?

Jetfire

« Reply #2786 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

endless thread never ends....

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 09, 2009, 07:20:54 PM »

Johnson (piledriver of reason), you have a desire to be right on everything, don't you?  Hey guess what?  YOU ARE RIGHT !!!

Now what?  pound your chest like a gorilla?

I can't even determine what it is you are trying to prove here...  That I demonstrate my positions by my actions?  Don't we all?

Just pointing out your little linguistic dishonesties. Since basically all religion (including strong atheism) is an act of fraud, it's not surprising that religious people tend to lie in many ways.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Jetfire

« Reply #2789 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

at least excellent breasts are ahead... I would be sad if breasts lost to fairy tales.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.