Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543154 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2760 on: May 08, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »

Sarcasm is a reality, you are a concept...   :D

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 08, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »

You are a concept I am a reality. I think therefore I am.

Jetfire

« Reply #2762 on: May 08, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »

my perception is my reality.... gene doesnt exist he is just a government program made of 0's and 1's. Programmed to infiltrate the heart of libertarian society and corrupt all that is just and right.

ps...

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker! w00t.

Even though I dont agree with him or really care i think he's cool

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: May 11, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

my perception is my reality.... gene doesnt exist he is just a government program made of 0's and 1's. Programmed to infiltrate the heart of libertarian society and corrupt all that is just and right.

ps...

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker! w00t.

Even though I dont agree with him or really care i think he's cool

8)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 30, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »

Well this book isn't true cause it's old.   :D  Checkmate.

WOW, I want that sticker as the kind you can't peel off anything... just to have a stack when I travel and stay in hotels. It would make my stay much more pleasant knowing I made an equal contribution to the room that the Gideons have.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 30, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »

Well this book isn't true cause it's old.   :D  Checkmate.

WOW, I want that sticker as the kind you can't peel off anything... just to have a stack when I travel and stay in hotels. It would make my stay much more pleasant knowing I made an equal contribution to the room that the Gideons have.

The sticker isn't completely objectionable.  I find some of it to be inaccurate but other parts of it I can agree with.  Certainly the part of verses "advocating" certain behavior is misleading.  In most instances, the verses simply reference such behavior and not "advocate" it so this is somewhat misleading.  As far as being "fiction", this is also not completely true.  I'm sure one can say that parts are but most of it is historical reference and has been proven to be quite accurate.

With a little modification, I can certainly see how this sticker would be an excellent one to be placed on most "science" books of today.  Most of what passes as "science" is without a doubt fiction and is deceiving our young and leading to outright theft and murder.  I can cite numerous examples, if you like...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2766 on: May 30, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »

Religion being sensible? Anything that involves that much faith and hope and "just needing to believe" cannot possibly be the sensible answer. It could turn out to be the best one but surely it is not a sensible one.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

thersites

• Government Child Care
    • View Profile
    • Sandusky County Politics Examiner
« Reply #2767 on: May 30, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »

Gene,

I think I get where you're coming from. A few years ago, when I first came across FTL, I really wasn't interested in this thread-but looking at the History of states, and particularly "empires", I keep coming back to the Bible as a place for hope in challenging sectarian force. Especially the "render unto Caesar" statement about the Denarius-it don't mean pay yer taxes.

I'm agnostic upon the whole concept of any supernatural entity(indeed, I think supernatural is impossible, since as soon as it is known, it will be natural), but it does seem certain that there was some big big mojo going on against Rome at the time of Christ, and indeed for several hundred years afterwords(til Constantine "saw" the Chi-Rho, and bought his army), and no matter if it was Jeshua ben Pantera,  or an amalgam of several people, they deserve respect-they were then on the side of freedom. No matter what happened afterwords. Don't blame Jesus for the profligracy of Constantine and the Church in later years. It is like blaming Jefferson for the federal government. Wrong guy.

Rome was much more fearsome than Britain, so it is illogical to revere the "founding fathers" and reject Jesus and the Apostles, no matter whether you take them as secular rebels or supernatural beings-it was still heroic. It's too bad you get hit so hard, there is a compelling story there, that too many "open minded" folks seem willing to reject.

By the way, are you familiar with the work of Morton Smith?  I've been caught up in his writings lately.

Mike
"your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park" Anthony Bourdain

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-11204-Sandusky-County-Politics-and-History-Examiner

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 31, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »

Gene,

I think I get where you're coming from. A few years ago, when I first came across FTL, I really wasn't interested in this thread-but looking at the History of states, and particularly "empires", I keep coming back to the Bible as a place for hope in challenging sectarian force. Especially the "render unto Caesar" statement about the Denarius-it don't mean pay yer taxes.

I'm agnostic upon the whole concept of any supernatural entity(indeed, I think supernatural is impossible, since as soon as it is known, it will be natural), but it does seem certain that there was some big big mojo going on against Rome at the time of Christ, and indeed for several hundred years afterwords(til Constantine "saw" the Chi-Rho, and bought his army), and no matter if it was Jeshua ben Pantera,  or an amalgam of several people, they deserve respect-they were then on the side of freedom. No matter what happened afterwords. Don't blame Jesus for the profligracy of Constantine and the Church in later years. It is like blaming Jefferson for the federal government. Wrong guy.

Rome was much more fearsome than Britain, so it is illogical to revere the "founding fathers" and reject Jesus and the Apostles, no matter whether you take them as secular rebels or supernatural beings-it was still heroic. It's too bad you get hit so hard, there is a compelling story there, that too many "open minded" folks seem willing to reject.

By the way, are you familiar with the work of Morton Smith?  I've been caught up in his writings lately.

Mike

An interesting viewpoint.  I had never thought of an example like your "blaming Jeffersion" one, but I may  steal it from you.  It's very good. 

I do believe that Jesus as radical is accurate and certainly is something I agree with.  Paul was also quite radical and wound up in Roman jails more than once, beaten half to death, stood up to the phony "authorities" in defiance of the false "government" of the day.  All the freedom minded individuals should take some lessons from these people.  They stood their ground.  They claimed that the "authorities" had no authority.  They put their lives on the line and lost their lives for a greater cause.

Of course the "render unto Caesar" quote is so misunderstood today that it is pathetic.  If the meaning of that statement was that you should pay taxes, then why not just say "hey, pay taxes"??  No, it was a way of defiance to the phony authorities that they were just too plain stupid to realize that they had just been had.

Looked Morton Smith up on wiki.  Hadn't heard of him before now....

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: May 31, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »

Religion being sensible? Anything that involves that much faith and hope and "just needing to believe" cannot possibly be the sensible answer. It could turn out to be the best one but surely it is not a sensible one.

I agree that "religion" is not usually "sensible".  I do not propose a religion but rather a seeking of truth in regard to our Creator.  I believe that this "truth" includes Christ as savior, but you can make up your own mind.  There is only ONE truth, we are just in disagreement as to what it is.  It is certain that all of us are wrong about most of what is true, but we hope that we are right about some of what is true...

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

well, at least Gene isn't using the anarchosyndicalist flag in his logo anymore.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Rodeen

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: May 31, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

I agree that "religion" is not usually "sensible".  I do not propose a religion but rather a seeking of truth in regard to our Creator.  I believe that this "truth" includes Christ as savior, but you can make up your own mind.  There is only ONE truth, we are just in disagreement as to what it is.  It is certain that all of us are wrong about most of what is true, but we hope that we are right about some of what is true...

You claim there is a "creator". I would like you to prove your theory with the scientific method.  I doubt you can.
War doesn\'t determine who\'s right, but who\'s left.

Jetfire

« Reply #2772 on: May 31, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »

You can't prove something that is outside the laws of science. The creator is just that amazing.

Rodeen

• View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 31, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »

You can't prove something that is outside the laws of science. The creator is just that amazing.

Epic fail. 

Oh, wait. Are you being sarcastic?
War doesn\'t determine who\'s right, but who\'s left.

Jetfire

« Reply #2774 on: May 31, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »

yea it's sarcasm
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.