Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 541260 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2730 on: April 29, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »

The very fact that you are calling attention to Him validates His existence. 

By that rationale, Mickey Mouse super-duper exists!

No, Mickey Mouse has not been around for 2000 years and still "followed" (if you can even say that he is followed today).  The "validation" comes from the FACT that all of you keep trying to INVALIDATE the belief in Christ.  If Christ was truly a non-entity as so many of you claim, then certainly after 2000 years, he would have come to be no longer "in style" and he would be only mentioned in passing in some ancient religions class.  No, He is discussed daily throughout the world 2000 years after His death and resurrection.  THIS is what validates His existence.  Even the effort put in to trying to debunk Him does exactly the opposite.  How many ancient beliefs can claim a 2000 year lifespan?  I don't think the Egyptians or the Vulcans (not Spock) can claim to have a strong following after such time.  Confucianism is not really a belief in God but rather a very useful discipline that carries over to many belief systems.  Judaism is certainly able to make the claim to have such a long life, but then Christianity is related to it.  The only other one that can claim some length is Islam but it only numbers in the hundreds of years, not thousands.  And even with that, Muhammad is not discussed as frequently as Christ.  Islam is certainly growing, but the question is will it be around in another 500 or so years?  Who can say.

THE POINT IS - The very fact that we are having this debate 2000 years hence shows that SOMETHING happened and SOMEONE did exist at that time that changed history forever...

And each of you helps to continue the discussion....  Thank you...

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #2731 on: April 29, 2009, 10:59:34 PM »

Leave chronological snobbery to Jews and Hindus, Gene.

And rocks.  Especially zircon, hallowed be its name.  :roll:

And more prayer-minutes have been directed toward Allah.

Rodeen

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »

No, Mickey Mouse has not been around for 2000 years and still "followed" (if you can even say that he is followed today).  The "validation" comes from the FACT that all of you keep trying to INVALIDATE the belief in Christ.  If Christ was truly a non-entity as so many of you claim, then certainly after 2000 years, he would have come to be no longer "in style" and he would be only mentioned in passing in some ancient religions class.  No, He is discussed daily throughout the world 2000 years after His death and resurrection.  THIS is what validates His existence.  Even the effort put in to trying to debunk Him does exactly the opposite.  How many ancient beliefs can claim a 2000 year lifespan?  I don't think the Egyptians or the Vulcans (not Spock) can claim to have a strong following after such time.  Confucianism is not really a belief in God but rather a very useful discipline that carries over to many belief systems.  Judaism is certainly able to make the claim to have such a long life, but then Christianity is related to it.  The only other one that can claim some length is Islam but it only numbers in the hundreds of years, not thousands.  And even with that, Muhammad is not discussed as frequently as Christ.  Islam is certainly growing, but the question is will it be around in another 500 or so years?  Who can say.

THE POINT IS - The very fact that we are having this debate 2000 years hence shows that SOMETHING happened and SOMEONE did exist at that time that changed history forever...

So, if I debated with you that 2+2 doesnt equal 5, you say the fact that I am debating this fact means that I am wrong.  That's fucked up son.....   Thank you....
War doesn\'t determine who\'s right, but who\'s left.

Jetfire

« Reply #2733 on: April 30, 2009, 02:47:42 AM »

I know you think it is "cute" to restate the common term for "Jeshua" which is "Jesus" as "Jebus" (everyone still following?) but it really is just as accurate as "Jesus" so you cuteness is really not that "cute"...

As stated, the name really should be "Jeshua" or a variant close to that (really, who was there to tell us the exact pronunciation).  So stated any way you want, it is clear that the person (real historical person) you are referring to is the "Messiah", the "Chosen One".  The very fact that you are calling attention to Him validates His existence.  So in that regard even in your attempt to be demeaning, you have achieved the opposite...

Thanks.

what about my genital herpes???????????????????????  he can cure all right???

Russell Griswold

« Reply #2734 on: April 30, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »

So, if I debated with you that 2+2 doesnt equal 5, you say the fact that I am debating this fact means that I am wrong.  That's fucked up son.....   Thank you....
He's using some kind of an Armenian trickery there...

In all seriousness... A while ago I came to a realization that Gene doesn't really want a debate, but instead just expects unquestionable agreement. He obviously believes all the crap that was fed to him over the years and that seems to make him happy. I honestly don't see any problems with this and I don't even care to argue with him anymore.

Jetfire

« Reply #2735 on: April 30, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

i find this thread humorous

JWI

« Reply #2736 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:19 PM »

jeffersonish

« Reply #2737 on: April 30, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »

Just for grins, change the text to read, "FTL Rocks" and submit it as a Shriner.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: May 01, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

So, if I debated with you that 2+2 doesnt equal 5, you say the fact that I am debating this fact means that I am wrong. 

No, we are talking about historical evidence and not mathematical.  The two are dealt with differently.  You cannot "observe" history nor "prove" it with repeatability.  You can only go by interpretation of what little evidence remains.  One of the "evidences" of past events is the impact on cultural norms.  Even this, is not absolute but merely shows a tendency to be true or false.  There are really no absolutes when discussing history unless you were a part of it and can explain what actually happened...

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #2739 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

LOL! Good to see this thread rolling along!  :lol:

Jetfire

« Reply #2740 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »

LOL! Good to see this thread rolling along!  :lol:

Dude your avatar is hella disturding... its too ungodly for this thread.

Rodeen

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »

So, if I debated with you that 2+2 doesnt equal 5, you say the fact that I am debating this fact means that I am wrong. 

No, we are talking about historical evidence and not mathematical.  The two are dealt with differently.  You cannot "observe" history nor "prove" it with repeatability.  You can only go by interpretation of what little evidence remains.  One of the "evidences" of past events is the impact on cultural norms.  Even this, is not absolute but merely shows a tendency to be true or false.  There are really no absolutes when discussing history unless you were a part of it and can explain what actually happened...

Man, what do you think video is?   There is some serious cognitive dissidence issues at work here Gene.  There is no doG, there is no proof, there is only you.
War doesn\'t determine who\'s right, but who\'s left.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: May 04, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »

Man, what do you think video is?   There is some serious cognitive dissidence issues at work here Gene.  There is no doG, there is no proof, there is only you.

Even video is not absolute.  There are problems with camera angles, sound distortion, or even tampering with the images or audio.  It is pretty convincing, but it is still not 100%.  "History" is the interpretation of past events using the best method to determine those events.  The most common "evidence" used for determining past events is written testimony.  Less common is archaeological "evidence" which is also not 100%.  A shard of pottery could have come from a plate, or perhaps it was from a stool.  The "art work" on the pottery may be badly deteriorated and needs educational guesses as to how it properly fills in.  These are the variables that are inherent in the problem of figuring out what has happened in the past...

rabidfurby

« Reply #2743 on: May 04, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

Even video is not absolute.  There are problems with camera angles, sound distortion, or even tampering with the images or audio.  It is pretty convincing, but it is still not 100%.  "History" is the interpretation of past events using the best method to determine those events.  The most common "evidence" used for determining past events is written testimony.  Less common is archaeological "evidence" which is also not 100%.  A shard of pottery could have come from a plate, or perhaps it was from a stool.  The "art work" on the pottery may be badly deteriorated and needs educational guesses as to how it properly fills in.  These are the variables that are inherent in the problem of figuring out what has happened in the past...

I think I see your point, Gene. The truth of a statement really depends only on how long ago the person who wrote it died. I don't understand why people are having such a hard time grasping that.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: May 05, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »

I think I see your point, Gene. The truth of a statement really depends only on how long ago the person who wrote it died. I don't understand why people are having such a hard time grasping that.

Oh yeah.  Since I just wrote this, it's true.  500 years from now it will not be true because it is old...
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.