Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543197 times)

AntonLee

Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2640 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »

as if the Bible is some sort of document that hasn't been altered thousands of times before it's reached your hands.

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2641 on: January 12, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »

http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/BJesusandHorus74.htm

That link has nothing more than a bunch of claims as to what Horus said and did.  There are NO references as to where this stuff came from and certainly no "official" translations from the original.  Not to mention how hard it is to understand all those little pictures anyway...

Pyramids. Duh. How else did they keep track of stuff. Everyone knows about hieroglyphics. Don't play stupid.

"Little pictures" = "hieroglyphics".  I know that the translations of these are difficult and not always accurate.  I certainly don't have the knowledge to translate them.  Where are the links to "translations" from the original?  I don't see them.  If you expect me to take the word of whoever wrote that web page, I have to say that I "lack faith"...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 12, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »

as if the Bible is some sort of document that hasn't been altered thousands of times before it's reached your hands.

I've addressed and acknowledged that "The Bible" has inaccuracies.  I don't know about the "thousands of times" claim you make, but there are definite discrepancies between what I see there and what I believe.  Have you read any of my positions?

AntonLee

« Reply #2643 on: January 12, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »

of course I have Gene. 

sinceredagreat

« Reply #2644 on: January 12, 2009, 09:59:20 PM »

of course I have Gene. 

That statement had "condescending" dripping off of it.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2645 on: January 12, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »

You know, this thread makes me sad, but not for the reasons that it makes everyone else sad.

It makes me sad for Christians. Seriously.

Look, this thread has gone for 178 pages. How many people have been converted to Xian Anarchy as a result? My guess would be zero.

Yet Gene doesn't change his methods or argumentation.

It isn't working, Gene. Even if your message is correct, your pitch doesn't work. I say this in all sincerity - You need a new pitch.

The only thing your method has done so far is stir up a bunch of arguments where you are at odds with just about everyone else here. Which is fine, whatever, if that's your goal. You're one of the few people who keeps their personal crap confined to a single thread. Good on you, even though I still think you should just get a frigging blog.

But what is your goal? If your goal is to convert people, you are failing miserably.

Gene, for the children, change your pitch already.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Jetfire

« Reply #2646 on: January 12, 2009, 11:58:09 PM »

It isn't working, Gene. Even if your message is correct, your pitch doesn't work. I say this in al sincerity - You need a new pitch.

c'mon now... Its working. I can tell its the only sensible answer. Just read the title dude.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 12, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

It isn't working, Gene. Even if your message is correct, your pitch doesn't work. I say this in al sincerity - You need a new pitch.

c'mon now... Its working. I can tell its the only sensible answer. Just read the title dude.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 13, 2009, 07:58:30 AM »

You know, this thread makes me sad, but not for the reasons that it makes everyone else sad.

It makes me sad for Christians. Seriously.

Look, this thread has gone for 178 pages. How many people have been converted to Xian Anarchy as a result? My guess would be zero.

Yet Gene doesn't change his methods or argumentation.

It isn't working, Gene. Even if your message is correct, your pitch doesn't work. I say this in all sincerity - You need a new pitch.

The only thing your method has done so far is stir up a bunch of arguments where you are at odds with just about everyone else here. Which is fine, whatever, if that's your goal. You're one of the few people who keeps their personal crap confined to a single thread. Good on you, even though I still think you should just get a frigging blog.

But what is your goal? If your goal is to convert people, you are failing miserably.

Gene, for the children, change your pitch already.

Nope.  You used that politically charged crap line "for the children"...  THIS MEANS WAR !!!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 13, 2009, 08:58:07 AM »

Nope.  You used that politically charged crap line "for the children"...  THIS MEANS WAR !!!

Gene, you should know a joke when you see one. Everything else was for serious, though.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 13, 2009, 09:24:16 AM »

Gene, you should know a joke when you see one. Everything else was for serious, though.

Um, I think he got the joke, and was joking back with "this means war". His sig is now a link to his site, which has links to his blog...
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

Um, I think he got the joke, and was joking back with "this means war". His sig is now a link to his site, which has links to his blog...

WAT

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »

http://www.freewebs.com/christiananarchist/

^this

and... this

http://thechristiananarchist.blogspot.com/

Apparently, he decided to start a blog. Good job with THAT suggestion... SIGH
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 13, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »

<<< Not responsible for the actions of others.

You should know this.  8)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 13, 2009, 10:35:17 AM »

oh... and...

Not really.  Their "means" is direct observation and testimony regarding what they saw.  You then have to determine if that testimony or observation is reliable.  Because what they claim to have witnesses is "absurd" by your definition doesn't mean that it did not happen.  If someone says they saw something and insists that it is true to the extent that they will die rather than recant, that's strong testimony.  It can be said that a crazy person might die rather than change their story, it is still unlikely that 12 (actually 10 I believe) unrelated persons would die for what they believed and NONE of them recant if they were not themselves convinced.  Most of the "history" we take for fact is nothing more than testimony written down by men who were there.  We seldom question the "history" about Rome even though there may only be one record from a given section of that timeline.  Some periods have many written records but some have only one.  Here we have several written records of the life of Christ and these "historians" put their lives on the line to record and transmit that record to us.  I guess that is pretty "absurd"...

I think we could pretty easily find 10 people who are willing to die for their belief in Aliens, Bigfoot, their belief in their personal psychic powers, homeopathy, Scientology....

Also, I think we can VERY easily find 10 people from religions that AREN'T Christianity willing to die for their beliefs. In fact, I think we could get ten Muslims who would blow themselves up over what they think is Christian misinterpretation of holy events. (Not that they ALL think that way, but I'm sure we could find 10)

<<< Not responsible for the actions of others.

You should know this.  8)

YOU suggesting that Gene make a blog, was not his action. Gene didn't SUGGEST it to himself.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.