Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543163 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2550 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »

I think that you know the standard "answer" for all of the above.  You seem to know what the Bible says and what all "Christians" believe, so why don't you just answer it yourself?  You are just wanting to hear yourself speak.  OK, here goes (as if you didn't already know the answers)  Because of the defects in man's character, God became flesh and dwelt among His creation in order to provide a way for man to return to the presence of God.  That's your answer and I believe you already knew it so now you can reveal to all of us your witty response (only witty to your cheering squad, I'm afraid)...

I'm glad to see you so uncomfortable about answering this question. You still haven't answered it. I asked you WHAT powers that YOU believed Jesus USED. I didn't ask you if Jesus was the fleshy embodiment of a deity. I asked you what powers and 'miracles' that YOU personally believe that jesus used. I'm not even asking what his powers supposedly WERE (I agree with you on the point that if there was in fact a flesh-embodiment of an all powerful deity, that the embodiment would be all powerful as well.) I'm also not asking you what the bible says, since that is useless because you aren't even a real Christian who believes in 'the word of god' (the bible).

So, I'm STILL posing this question to you. WHAT powers do YOU believe jesus USED?

P.S.  Yes, I deleted one of your posts as well as a couple of the others that I found to be inappropriate.  Sorry, BBS rules.  I get to "moderate" this thread...

Yeah you can, and I have no problem with it, in fact, I specifically kept my language clean to see if you still would delete any of my posts. I'm glad you did, because it reveals how psychologically weak minded you are, and it shows that when it comes to your truthful and honest self, in reality you don't think your OWN arguments can stand up to criticism, so you delete opposing views.

If you had wanted to, you could have "quoted" the deleted post and edited out any foul language, but the reason why you are deleting posts actually has very little to do with naughty language.... right Gene?

It would be amusing as well, if the "anarchist"'s use of authority is what ended up homogenizing and killing his own little pet project thread.

"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 08, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »

If God is going to come down to the planet and be choosy about who he decides to actually physically help for such an infinitesimally small period of time... Why not keep doing it? Why come down to earth for a few years BC... and not come back for a few years in 1940. I mean, I think the Jews could have used it...

Gene, is like Mustafa... He lies or doesn't seem to answer until you ask him 3 times.

[youtube=425,350]jxZQL_Is0mE[/youtube]
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 08, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

Amazing.  Just checked some of your "buddy" threads and saw all the talk about me and this thread.  The amount of objection to this thread simply validates to me the accuracy of my claims.

So, all the liberals that object to Bush means Bush is right, and all the conservatives who object to Obama, means Obama is right... So, the huge amount of objection there, which FAR outweighs the objections to this thread, must mean that big government is the answer right?. Your logic, as usual, is IMPECCABLE Gene. That bit of logic is about as impressive as claiming that a skydaddy is judging us all.

Only truth can have such an effect on others.  It's not possible that all this resistance to the message of our Creator is simply because all of you feel this is a "crazy" idea.  If that were the case, this idea would be treated like such crazy things as "planet X" and "cubism".  A few laughs and giggles and then simply ignore it as everyone can see that they are just nutty ideas.  The power of the message of our Creator and His redemption and plan for our fulfillment draws out "the devil" in those who have gone over to "the dark side" (I love Star Wars). 
Again, same argument... ONLY truth can have that effect... So, all the Libertarians, and Anarchists, and Voluntaryists, and Agorists and any other group that rail against the ideas of big government must be, in fact, proving collectivism to be the only true and righteous ideal. I guess you should give up your duel title of Christian Anarchist, and instead lock yourself in TWO cages whilst going by the moniker "Christian Collectivist".
On another note, it's interesting that you love and quote Star Wars, when it is written and created by someone who has come to reject the notion of a deity, and instead claims to be a pantheist (like Ian) who has dubbed himself a "buddhist methodist".

Ignore this thread and maybe it will just fade from memory but I suspect that someone will open this discussion from time to time.  When they do, the amount of pain it causes all of you is just more proof that this message is strong and true.  It brings out the screams and howls of conviction to those who know deep inside that they are lacking something in life but they don't know what it is.  Their "master" knows and he will try every trick in his arsenal to hide the truth from his foot soldiers. 

Actually, I'm just calling you out because you are screaming (after all, you started the thread with the inflammatory title), about one of the biggest lies in the country next to Statism; Religion. (Especially that most popular Religion of this country - Christianity) As an iconoclast, I am aware that those who call for the power of religion are as wrong and dishonest as those who rally for the power of the state. I'm not treating you like a kook, because Christians aren't in that level of power... and I'm sure others here react the same way. You are instead being treated like a politician would be, because that is the level of power and influence Christians have over this country. A bit clearer for you now? 

There is hope, however.  I personally believe that all will realize the truth at some point in eternity but some of you will "get it" before you pass and that's why I post here.  There are many who don't post here but just read the discussion and ponder.  To them I say consider each side.  Make up your own mind.  Don't believe what anyone says, even me.  Discover and learn.  Look around you and open your eyes and your mind... (and spirit)

To all those lurking, I point to the contradictory statements following one another...
"Make up your mind" and "open your mind". Spoken like a true politician.

I will go with the latter. I say, keep your mind open, and admit that you don't KNOW anything, especially with regard to unanswerable questions, and be unlike those who claim to have all the answers, and have arrogant faith in their correctness. To anyone watching, I say that faith is a term to be used in conjunction with large amounts of evidence, and should never be used to answer questions for which you have no answer. Faith in the unfounded is what creates fools.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:33:42 PM by Johnson »

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2553 on: January 08, 2009, 09:50:47 PM »

I think that you know the standard "answer" for all of the above.  You seem to know what the Bible says and what all "Christians" believe, so why don't you just answer it yourself?  You are just wanting to hear yourself speak.  OK, here goes (as if you didn't already know the answers)  Because of the defects in man's character, God became flesh and dwelt among His creation in order to provide a way for man to return to the presence of God.  That's your answer and I believe you already knew it so now you can reveal to all of us your witty response (only witty to your cheering squad, I'm afraid)...

I'm glad to see you so uncomfortable about answering this question. You still haven't answered it. I asked you WHAT powers that YOU believed Jesus USED. I didn't ask you if Jesus was the fleshy embodiment of a deity. I asked you what powers and 'miracles' that YOU personally believe that jesus used. I'm not even asking what his powers supposedly WERE (I agree with you on the point that if there was in fact a flesh-embodiment of an all powerful deity, that the embodiment would be all powerful as well.) I'm also not asking you what the bible says, since that is useless because you aren't even a real Christian who believes in 'the word of god' (the bible).

So, I'm STILL posing this question to you. WHAT powers do YOU believe jesus USED?

I didn't realize you really wanted an answer since so many of these "questions" are nothing more than posturing for attention but sure, I can tell you.  I believe He created wine from water, He walked on water, He healed the sick and raised the dead (including Himself)

P.S.  Yes, I deleted one of your posts as well as a couple of the others that I found to be inappropriate.  Sorry, BBS rules.  I get to "moderate" this thread...

Yeah you can, and I have no problem with it, in fact, I specifically kept my language clean to see if you still would delete any of my posts. I'm glad you did, because it reveals how psychologically weak minded you are, and it shows that when it comes to your truthful and honest self, in reality you don't think your OWN arguments can stand up to criticism, so you delete opposing views.

If you had wanted to, you could have "quoted" the deleted post and edited out any foul language, but the reason why you are deleting posts actually has very little to do with naughty language.... right Gene?

It would be amusing as well, if the "anarchist"'s use of authority is what ended up homogenizing and killing his own little pet project thread.

No, the only post of yours I deleted (and will delete similar ones) was because you deliberately misrepresented my position when you knew what my position was (or at least you had no excuse for not knowing).  Do it again, and I'll delete it again.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 08, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

Amazing.  Just checked some of your "buddy" threads and saw all the talk about me and this thread.  The amount of objection to this thread simply validates to me the accuracy of my claims.

So, all the liberals that object to Bush means Bush is right, and all the conservatives who object to Obama, means Obama is right... So, the huge amount of objection there, which FAR outweighs the objections to this thread, must mean that big government is the answer right?. Your logic, as usual, is IMPECCABLE Gene. That bit of logic is about as impressive as claiming that a skydaddy is judging us all.

Only truth can have such an effect on others.  It's not possible that all this resistance to the message of our Creator is simply because all of you feel this is a "crazy" idea.  If that were the case, this idea would be treated like such crazy things as "planet X" and "cubism".  A few laughs and giggles and then simply ignore it as everyone can see that they are just nutty ideas.  The power of the message of our Creator and His redemption and plan for our fulfillment draws out "the devil" in those who have gone over to "the dark side" (I love Star Wars). 
Again, same argument... ONLY truth can have that effect... So, all the Libertarians, and Anarchists, and Voluntaryists, and Agorists and any other group that rail against the ideas of big government must be, in fact, proving collectivism to be the only true and righteous ideal. I guess you should give up your duel title of Christian Anarchist, and instead lock yourself in TWO cages whilst going by the moniker "Christian Collectivist".
On another note, it's interesting that you love and quote Star Wars, when it is written and created by someone who has come to reject the notion of a deity, and instead claims to be a pantheist (like Ian) who has dubbed himself a "buddhist methodist".

Ignore this thread and maybe it will just fade from memory but I suspect that someone will open this discussion from time to time.  When they do, the amount of pain it causes all of you is just more proof that this message is strong and true.  It brings out the screams and howls of conviction to those who know deep inside that they are lacking something in life but they don't know what it is.  Their "master" knows and he will try every trick in his arsenal to hide the truth from his foot soldiers. 

Actually, I'm just calling you out because you are screaming (after all, you started the thread with the inflammatory title), about one of the biggest lies in the country next to Statism; Religion. (Especially that most popular Religion of this country - Christianity) As an iconoclast, I am aware that those who call for the power of religion are as wrong and dishonest as those who rally for the power of the state. I'm not treating you like a kook, because Christians aren't in that level of power... and I'm sure others here react the same way. You are instead being treated like a politician would be, because that is the level of power and influence Christians have over this country. A bit clearer for you now? 

There is hope, however.  I personally believe that all will realize the truth at some point in eternity but some of you will "get it" before you pass and that's why I post here.  There are many who don't post here but just read the discussion and ponder.  To them I say consider each side.  Make up your own mind.  Don't believe what anyone says, even me.  Discover and learn.  Look around you and open your eyes and your mind... (and spirit)

To all those lurking, I point to the contradictory statements following one another...
"Make up your mind" and "open your mind". Spoken like a true politician.

I will go with the latter. I say, keep your mind open, and admit that you don't KNOW anything, especially with regard to unanswerable questions, and be unlike those who claim to have all the answers, and have arrogant faith in their correctness. To anyone watching, I say that faith is a term to be used in conjunction with large amounts of evidence, and should never be used to answer questions for which you have no answer. Faith in the unfounded is what creates fools.

All of what you state above does not apply as I have been one biggest critics of "religion".  Religion is a political body and therefore it is rightly associated with "statists".  Belief in your Creator is not a "religion" as such but a position.  One can certainly make a religion out of a position, but one cannot claim that having a position is in itself a religion.  I know that this is the biggest hurdle for most to get past when I present arguments in favor of a belief in our Creator, and the human form He occupied commonly referred to as "Christ"...

I am glad to see that you are going to keep your mind open.  Just don't believe what all those of the "Cult of Science" tell you.  Much of it is true, some of it is crap...

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:30 PM »

I would agree with everything you said before you started in with the religion. You are so brainwashed into your cage, that you can't even see the difference between personal beliefs and the garbage you were force fed as a child. You don't fight religion, you don't even know HOW. You are a Christian, and push the indoctrination of Christian beliefs.

Someone who truly questions religion, and searches for their OWN answers, does not accept God as a crusty, angry, old white dude in the clouds, nor do they accept the primitive story of Jesus, that was ripped from older religions. They question EVERY possibility: Does the creator have  a gender? Why would there be only one creator? Who created the creator? Why would the creator care to judge every life - isn't that arrogant? Etc. Etc. Etc. You cannot believe in Jesus and not be part of a religion. Jesus is an external idea you were taught, it is not an internal concept.

edited to please Gene's keen 'English Teacher' sensibilities.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:51:32 PM by Johnson »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 08, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »

I would agree with everything you said before you started with the religion. You are so brainwashed into your cage, that you can't even see the difference between personal beleifs and the garbage you were forcefed as a child. You don't fight religion, you don't even know HOW. You are a Christian, and push the indrination of Christian beleifs.

Someone who truly questions religion, and searches for their OWN answers does not accept God as a crusty angry old white dude in the clouds, nor do they accept the primitive stroy of Jesus ripped from older religions. They question EVERY possibilty - does the creator have gender? Why would there be only one creator? Who created the creator? Why would the creator care to judge every life - isn't that arrogant? Etc etc etc you cannot believe in Jesus and not be part of a religion. Jesus is an external idea, not an internal concept.

I see it quite differently (surprise!).  I see you as the brainwashed one.  Impressed by mere men who have a "title" (as the serfs of old were impressed by the "king").  You accept what they tell you at face value.  I know you do since almost no one has the funding to "replicate" the fairy tales they hand out to the unwashed masses.  If they publish a work of fiction and have it "blessed" by their "peers" well it must be true...

As far as my "past", you know nothing about me.  I have not always been a Christian and although in my youth I went a couple of times a year to a "Lutheran" church, they really taught me nothing.  I learned what I know as an adult.  I'd be willing to bet that your "beliefs" are those you were brainwashed into as a good little student in the government brainwashing centers.  I may be wrong here (and I'm sure you will correct me if I am)...

P.S. You sure could use the spell checker on your post above... (when you see the little red line under a word, it means it's not right).  There's also the old saw "...i before e, except after c" which is a good place to start.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:30:22 PM by ChristianAnarchist »

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 09, 2009, 12:28:56 AM »

no little red line on an iPhone - it should be clear by now when I am posting from my phone, and when I am not...

sinceredagreat

« Reply #2558 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »

I would agree with everything you said before you started with the religion. You are so brainwashed into your cage, that you can't even see the difference between personal beleifs and the garbage you were forcefed as a child. You don't fight religion, you don't even know HOW. You are a Christian, and push the indrination of Christian beleifs.

Someone who truly questions religion, and searches for their OWN answers does not accept God as a crusty angry old white dude in the clouds, nor do they accept the primitive stroy of Jesus ripped from older religions. They question EVERY possibilty - does the creator have gender? Why would there be only one creator? Who created the creator? Why would the creator care to judge every life - isn't that arrogant? Etc etc etc you cannot believe in Jesus and not be part of a religion. Jesus is an external idea, not an internal concept.

I see it quite differently (surprise!).  I see you as the brainwashed one.  Impressed by mere men who have a "title" (as the serfs of old were impressed by the "king").  You accept what they tell you at face value.  I know you do since almost no one has the funding to "replicate" the fairy tales they hand out to the unwashed masses.  If they publish a work of fiction and have it "blessed" by their "peers" well it must be true...

As far as my "past", you know nothing about me.  I have not always been a Christian and although in my youth I went a couple of times a year to a "Lutheran" church, they really taught me nothing.  I learned what I know as an adult.  I'd be willing to bet that your "beliefs" are those you were brainwashed into as a good little student in the government brainwashing centers.  I may be wrong here (and I'm sure you will correct me if I am)...

P.S. You sure could use the spell checker on your post above... (when you see the little red line under a word, it means it's not right).  There's also the old saw "...i before e, except after c" which is a good place to start.

Wow, so instead of answering the points he brought up, you just post a shitload of ad hominem attacks. Your post is full of fail.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42:36 AM »

Especially since I went to private school and was, for a very short time, an altar boy at an episcopalian church... He couldn't have failed any harder really...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

Wow, so instead of answering the points he brought up, you just post a shitload of ad hominem attacks. Your post is full of fail.

I see no "points" in what he posted.  He attacked me for being "brainwashed" and "forcefed" (sic) (which I answered in a subsequent post).  He then proceeded on a rant about how someone should question things (he listed several).  It seemed that his "point" in that paragraph was not the "things" listed as they were listed to support his dual points that one needs to question (I do that all the time) and that a "belief" in Jesus was a "religion" (which I also addressed in a prior post.

So please tell me what "points" I did not address...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 09, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »

no little red line on an iPhone - it should be clear by now when I am posting from my phone, and when I am not...

Lame argument.  You should still have the three little buttons below your post box that have "post" "preview" and "spell check".  I have them when I post on my Treo.  The only problem I have posting on my phone is being able to see that little print clearly.  Also, you mis-spelled "beleif" twice in that post and you should know that i goes before e except after c (at least that was a basic rule when I was in school - even in the "public fools system"...)

sinceredagreat

« Reply #2562 on: January 09, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »

I see no "points" in what he posted.  He attacked me for being "brainwashed" and "forcefed" (sic) (which I answered in a subsequent post).  He then proceeded on a rant about how someone should question things (he listed several).  It seemed that his "point" in that paragraph was not the "things" listed as they were listed to support his dual points that one needs to question (I do that all the time) and that a "belief" in Jesus was a "religion" (which I also addressed in a prior post.

So please tell me what "points" I did not address...

I would say the one about the story of Jesus looking like the stories of Mithra, Dionysus, Kristna and VERY close to Horus, all written before Jesus.

Also about the fact that the original texts mention nothing of a virgin birth. Matter of fact, I love how you Christians like to say that Mary was a married virgin...how ridiculous is that. What married couple is NOT going to have sex. And don't give me that "well, maybe they didn't have sex at the time he was conceived," which is a bullshit argument, because it assumes they didn't have sex at all that month, which more than likely is crap. Matter of fact, that whole withholding sex thing would NOT have went down then, so yeah, I am pretty sure they were fucking.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 09, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »

Lame argument.  You should still have the three little buttons below your post box that have "post" "preview" and "spell check".  I have them when I post on my Treo.  The only problem I have posting on my phone is being able to see that little print clearly.  Also, you mis-spelled "beleif" twice in that post and you should know that i goes before e except after c (at least that was a basic rule when I was in school - even in the "public fools system"...)

You'd think that if you were going to weigh in on grammar rules to me, that you'd at least be a good neighbor and cite them correctly... :)

It's fun making you look like an asshole Gene, it really is, you just RUN head first into these opportunities.
(What do you think guys, will he pick up on the subtlety of the joke, or should I have figured a way to make little red underlines?)

Also amazing... Misspelling the word misspelled. Who puts a hyphen before the prefix mis? Were you on your Treo when you decided to insert a hyphen there? I could be mis-taken, or I might be mis-understanding your intentions, I don't want to mis-quote you, or mis-judge you unfairly on this.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 09, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »

You'd think that if you were going to weigh in on grammar rules to me, that you'd at least be a good neighbor and cite them correctly... :)

It's fun making you look like an asshole Gene, it really is, you just RUN head first into these opportunities.
(What do you think guys, will he pick up on the subtlety of the joke, or should I have figured a way to make little red underlines?)

Also amazing... Misspelling the word misspelled. Who puts a hyphen before the prefix mis? Were you on your Treo when you decided to insert a hyphen there? I could be mis-taken, or I might be mis-understanding your intentions, I don't want to mis-quote you, or mis-judge you unfairly on this.

Yeah, you got me on the hyphen all right (hey, I at lease admit it when I see that I'm wrong).  You, on the other hand just keep making excuses (three times so far).  I don't understand how you could not understand why I misspelled the word that you misspelled (two times).  You might look at those little marks before and after the word.  They are called "quotes".  They indicate that I am quoting from another source (in this case, your original post).  Now are we going to make this a duel (which wouldn't be fair since you are unarmed) or shall we go on to the issue at hand? 
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.