Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543218 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2535 on: January 07, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »

Gene doesn't like potty mouth.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Jetfire

« Reply #2536 on: January 07, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »

Gene doesn't like potty mouth.

Of course! Its unchrist like

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 07, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

I'm assuming then, to claim to be a Christian, that you at least believe in a past being that had magical powers and was supposedly the son of a deity?

Not only can you assume such, but I have stated it many times here (check the last 170 pages of posts)...

You missed the rest of that question, I would like clarity as to the list of special powers you believe Christ had.

Was it more like... a mutant powers or more like magic fairytale powers? Was he more like old school comic books... or more like the new tv shows about people with superpowers? I'm curious.

Why are you so curious?  You seem to be doing a fine job of speculating.  The answer is He has whatever powers He wants...  (Think "omnipotent", "omnipresent"...)

But what powers do YOU specifically believe Jesus used...?

Ya know... water into wine... loaves and fishes... walking on water.... healing the sick...?
 I mean... you you are saying he could have done ANYTHING at all, why the lame parlor tricks?

If God is going to come down to the planet and be choosy about who he decides to actually physically help for such an infinitesimally small period of time... Why not keep doing it? Why come down to earth for a few years BC... and not come back for a few years in 1940. I mean, I think the Jews could have used it...
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2538 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »

It isn't too hard to get beneath the media reporting on science and how the government uses it against the people to see the actual science, the stuff that matters and isn't part of some agenda. Those projects happen at the margins, I know, my ex-wife was (well, is, but I like to think of her in the past tense) a scientist working in a DARPA lab. The stuff like physics and cosmology and evolutionary biology and other primary sciences have made a great deal of contributions to our understanding of the universe, our earth and ourselves, and those conclusions are far less controversial than you make them out to be, and you are just throwing out the baby with the bathwater because of the cutting edge (hence unsettled) and/or controversial stuff that gets used to push careers and agendas these days. All you have to do is go to the sources and read them for yourself. You can do it!

And if you think that scientists who align themselves with the state to push their agendas have a sorry record of pushing bullshit,

I'm glad to see that you agree with me on this point...

I invite you to take a brief tour of history and look at the horrific record of awful bullshit and its terrible consequences pushed by the Church (in league with the state) over the years. Just that one, the Catholic Church (there are many others just as bad, hell, Pat Robertson even). So forgive me if I think YOU a stupid sheeple for buying that line of garbage when it has been exposed time and again for a fairytale and means of exploiting and extracting money from people. It doesn't even rest on any kind of reasonable assumption derived from testable FACTS about the world around us.

I'm getting quite tired of you cult members trying to align me with the likes of the above.  It's very clear to all who have heard ANYTHING I've said (excludes you apparently) that I have nothing to do with those people and THEIR cults.  Indeed, if you do it again I will simply delete your post.  I've tolerated as much as the "strawman" from you and yours as I am going to.

If your argument is that you don't like what a few scientists do with your tax dollars, or you think global warming is a scam, and you Googled a couple of creationists who are picking at the edges of REAL scientists work with their "questions," and therefore ALL SCIENCE is suspect and you'll take Jesus and those parts of the Bible you like instead, thankyouverymuch... well, Gene, you don't look too convincing (or bright).

And you, who claim to be so intellectual, don't even realize the difference between SCIENCE and CULTISM.  All your "science" that is wholly or partly based on variables that are unknown, IS NOT SCIENCE !!  Science is repeatable.  NONE of these things are "repeatable" or measurable.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 07, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »

I'm assuming then, to claim to be a Christian, that you at least believe in a past being that had magical powers and was supposedly the son of a deity?

Not only can you assume such, but I have stated it many times here (check the last 170 pages of posts)...

You missed the rest of that question, I would like clarity as to the list of special powers you believe Christ had.

Was it more like... a mutant powers or more like magic fairytale powers? Was he more like old school comic books... or more like the new tv shows about people with superpowers? I'm curious.

Why are you so curious?  You seem to be doing a fine job of speculating.  The answer is He has whatever powers He wants...  (Think "omnipotent", "omnipresent"...)

But what powers do YOU specifically believe Jesus used...?

Ya know... water into wine... loaves and fishes... walking on water.... healing the sick...?
 I mean... you you are saying he could have done ANYTHING at all, why the lame parlor tricks?

If God is going to come down to the planet and be choosy about who he decides to actually physically help for such an infinitesimally small period of time... Why not keep doing it? Why come down to earth for a few years BC... and not come back for a few years in 1940. I mean, I think the Jews could have used it...

I think that you know the standard "answer" for all of the above.  You seem to know what the Bible says and what all "Christians" believe, so why don't you just answer it yourself?  You are just wanting to hear yourself speak.  OK, here goes (as if you didn't already know the answers)  Because of the defects in man's character, God became flesh and dwelt among His creation in order to provide a way for man to return to the presence of God.  That's your answer and I believe you already knew it so now you can reveal to all of us your witty response (only witty to your cheering squad, I'm afraid)...

P.S.  Yes, I deleted one of your posts as well as a couple of the others that I found to be inappropriate.  Sorry, BBS rules.  I get to "moderate" this thread...

rabidfurby

« Reply #2540 on: January 07, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 07, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »

"Debating" with Gene is pointless.

"Debating" with "science cult" members is pointless...

Jetfire

« Reply #2542 on: January 07, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

Why do you say science cult? and really debating any belief religious or not is pointless. ppl will believe what they want to believe. A bureaucrat can't change his corrupt greed. Just like a zebra cant change its stripes and etc.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:41:32 PM by Guts »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 07, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »

Why do you say science cult? and really debating any belief religious or not is pointless. ppl will believe what they want to believe. A bureaucrat can't change greed. Just like a zebra cant change its stripes and etc.

Science cult (noun): The collection of people who support scientific theories which Gene finds discomforting. 

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 07, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

Science cult (noun): The collection of people who support scientific theories which Gene finds discomforting. 

Exactly. I'm tired of his thickheaded, willfully ignorant, goal-post moving bullshit. This thread should die (right after he deletes this post).

Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 07, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »

Why do you say science cult? and really debating any belief religious or not is pointless. ppl will believe what they want to believe. A bureaucrat can't change greed. Just like a zebra cant change its stripes and etc.

Actually it's those people who "believe" what certain men who wear the "science" armband say even though they have absolutely no proof for their claims but they do have "suppositions", "theories" and "assumptions"...

Now before someone jumps all over the above, we are talking about "science cult" adherents as opposed to real science...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:42:54 PM by ChristianAnarchist »

Taors

« Reply #2546 on: January 07, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »

You've waded so far into your own bullshit that you're starting to drown in it.

God have mercy on your soul, Gene.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 07, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »

Why do you say science cult? and really debating any belief religious or not is pointless. ppl will believe what they want to believe. A bureaucrat can't change his corrupt greed. Just like a zebra cant change its stripes and etc.

Actually I do not post here to "convince" any of the science cult members here of their erroneous ways.  My purpose is to help the lurkers to get the other side of the story.  Most of you are never going to be convinced and I'm certainly not going to spend effort in that arena.  After all "God is a reality, YOU are a concept"...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:43:57 PM by ChristianAnarchist »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 07, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »

Exactly. I'm tired of his thickheaded, willfully ignorant, goal-post moving bullshit. This thread should die (right after he deletes this post).

(Post not deleted) but you are welcome to leave any time you like.  Maybe some of the lurkers might want to join in here if the likes of you would get mad and "go home"...

But of course that will not happen as you types are attracted to this thread like a moth to flame.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: January 08, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »

Amazing.  Just checked some of your "buddy" threads and saw all the talk about me and this thread.  The amount of objection to this thread simply validates to me the accuracy of my claims. 

Only truth can have such an effect on others.  It's not possible that all this resistance to the message of our Creator is simply because all of you feel this is a "crazy" idea.  If that were the case, this idea would be treated like such crazy things as "planet X" and "cubism".  A few laughs and giggles and then simply ignore it as everyone can see that they are just nutty ideas.  The power of the message of our Creator and His redemption and plan for our fulfillment draws out "the devil" in those who have gone over to "the dark side" (I love Star Wars). 

Ignore this thread and maybe it will just fade from memory but I suspect that someone will open this discussion from time to time.  When they do, the amount of pain it causes all of you is just more proof that this message is strong and true.  It brings out the screams and howls of conviction to those who know deep inside that they are lacking something in life but they don't know what it is.  Their "master" knows and he will try every trick in his arsenal to hide the truth from his foot soldiers. 

There is hope, however.  I personally believe that all will realize the truth at some point in eternity but some of you will "get it" before you pass and that's why I post here.  There are many who don't post here but just read the discussion and ponder.  To them I say consider each side.  Make up your own mind.  Don't believe what anyone says, even me.  Discover and learn.  Look around you and open your eyes and your mind... (and spirit)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:58:21 AM by ChristianAnarchist »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.