Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543192 times)

Jetfire

Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2505 on: January 07, 2009, 01:01:44 AM »

religion requires blind faith...

debating religion logically = pointlessness

Believing that a "big bang" created our universe logically = pointlessness

The "big bang" has reason and scientific logic to it although its mostly theory it would be a reasonable assumption.... god just has magical powers that creates crap from thin air and has all these wonderful powers while being able to prevent suffering and pain in this world sits back and watches like some redneck watching an episode of cops.

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2506 on: January 07, 2009, 01:03:13 AM »

Which can be backed up by repeated demonstrations to be true.  This is not the case with assumptions made in radiometric dating which cannot be backed up by repeated demonstrations to be true...

How about in a thousand years?

You see, you can keep testing.

How much time will pass before there's enough evidence?

It's not how much time has passed but the FACT that one cannot possibly know the ratio of isotopes in newly formed rocks.  Unless you can somehow prove this ratio, all dating methods fail.  The "FACT" that so many rock samples disagree with others in the same strata show how unreliable radiometric dating is.  Yet the "scientists" who take the samples will simply claim that "this sample" is "contaminated" and will keep taking more samples until they find one that reads the "correct" ratio according to their preconceived notion of what the age SHOULD be.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:05:27 AM by ChristianAnarchist »

rabidfurby

« Reply #2507 on: January 07, 2009, 01:05:22 AM »

See sig for why this thread is pointless.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 07, 2009, 01:07:49 AM »

religion requires blind faith...

debating religion logically = pointlessness

Believing that a "big bang" created our universe logically = pointlessness

The "big bang" has reason and scientific logic to it although its mostly theory it would be a reasonable assumption.... god just has magical powers that creates crap from thin air and has all these wonderful powers while being able to prevent suffering and pain in this world sits back and watches like some redneck watching an episode of cops.

The "big bang" theory was promoted first by Steven Hawkings and he has since taken an opposing view claiming that it did not occur...

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2509 on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:43 AM »

The "big bang" theory was promoted first by Steven Hawking

Um, this is totally incorrect, Gene.

George Gamow/Georges LemaƮtre proposed and started promoting the concept in 1946, when Hawking was FOUR YEARS OLD.

EDIT: For clarity - LemaƮtre proposed in the late 1920's. Gamow started promoting the idea in 1946.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:18:17 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

rabidfurby

« Reply #2510 on: January 07, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »

Let's play everyone's favorite game, SPOT THAT LOGICAL FALLACY!

"X used to believe that Y is true, but X changed his mind. Therefore, Y is false."

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 07, 2009, 08:09:57 AM »

Let's play everyone's favorite game, SPOT THAT LOGICAL FALLACY!

"X used to believe that Y is true, but X changed his mind. Therefore, Y is false."

It's merely a demonstration that the "high priests" you guys look up to keep changing their minds, so why do you keep believing them??

Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling, Global warming, Global cooling,

etc...

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 07, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »

Actually, I just skimmed this,

http://www.learnthebible.org/q_a_free_will_of_angels.htm

and apparently I was slightly mistaken about Angels not having free will... I guess they have an approximation thereof, where, if they EVER disobey... God will make them his BITCH, and kick them out of heaven, and generally carve a new oraface our of their Angelic little hides, because ANY misstep for an Angel... results in BURNING for eternity. There is NO respite.

Again... just another example of how awesome and wonderfully benevolent God supposedly is. What a cool guy.

Amazing how you read one article written by who-knows-who and make all those conclusions as if they are fact.  You are a "programmers" dream...

Actually, it wasn't the article itself that I was concerned with, it was the relevant quotes from the bible, also this wasn't a lone article, there were MANY that said the exact same thing. I posted the link to this one because it was clearest and easiest to skim.

As far as being programmed, I think you need to speak for yourself. You just made the assumption that I'm arguing that there is NO god. I'm not. I'm not an atheist, and hence not "programmed" by any atheist thought. I'm simply arguing that all the things you claim to know, are in fact lies, because you don't know them.

The reason why I don't argue against the science side, is because scientists aren't all atheists, there is no CULT goal to disprove god among scientists. While atheists may use science to point out the ridiculous lunacy of religion, the goals of science have NOTHING to do with tearing down religion. Scientists are trying to figure out how the world works, and the truth of reality. They don't do so as a whole with respect to any religion. There are scientists of ALL the faiths of the world. If the TRUTH of reality was what the BIBLE says... We wouldn't be debating at all using ANY scientific claims, because SCIENCE, and general scientific consensus, would point to things like Noah's flood being true. Creation 'scientists' would be world renowned. However, this is not the case. Creationists use fiction to fill in gaps, start with preconceptions, are NOT in search of truth, and are known as JOKES in the scientific community.

I think you need to look at the walls of the cage your mind is in, and the fact that you live by an EXTERNAL set of rules created by SOMEONE else, and realize who, in REALITY, was programmed. I'm not the one that chose someone else's CODE to live by.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 07, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »

I'm not an atheist, and hence not "programmed" by any atheist thought.

Yeah, I'm kinda there too.

Well, I just don't worry about the existence or non existence of god. If he's there, he's the clockmaker sort.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »

I see no evidence for God in the pattern of things. It seems to me more or less Nature as it is has no designer or governor. It's order without hierarchy. It's action without committee sanction.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: January 07, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »

I see no evidence for God in the pattern of things.

I agree.

If'n dey is a Gud, aye ain't seen him none.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 07, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »

The "big bang" theory was promoted first by Steven Hawkings and he has since taken an opposing view claiming that it did not occur...

HAHAHAH Not only is this a logical fallacy as pointed out above... but it's also plain stupid and un-ed-juh-ma-kate-ed...

Hawkings "refutation" of the big bang theory was only to say that he believed that there was not ONE but MANY big bangs.

HAHAHA So, Gene, is this your way of telling us that you now believe in not ONE but MANY evolutions?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:14:09 AM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 07, 2009, 10:16:48 AM »

Actually, I just skimmed this,

http://www.learnthebible.org/q_a_free_will_of_angels.htm

and apparently I was slightly mistaken about Angels not having free will... I guess they have an approximation thereof, where, if they EVER disobey... God will make them his BITCH, and kick them out of heaven, and generally carve a new oraface our of their Angelic little hides, because ANY misstep for an Angel... results in BURNING for eternity. There is NO respite.

Again... just another example of how awesome and wonderfully benevolent God supposedly is. What a cool guy.

Amazing how you read one article written by who-knows-who and make all those conclusions as if they are fact.  You are a "programmers" dream...

Actually, it wasn't the article itself that I was concerned with, it was the relevant quotes from the bible, also this wasn't a lone article, there were MANY that said the exact same thing. I posted the link to this one because it was clearest and easiest to skim.

No, actually you had a completely different position before reading that article.  You hardly had the time (check post history) to review volumes of additional references...

As far as being programmed, I think you need to speak for yourself. You just made the assumption that I'm arguing that there is NO god. I'm not. I'm not an atheist, and hence not "programmed" by any atheist thought. I'm simply arguing that all the things you claim to know, are in fact lies, because you don't know them.

The reason why I don't argue against the science side, is because scientists aren't all atheists, there is no CULT goal to disprove god among scientists. While atheists may use science to point out the ridiculous lunacy of religion, the goals of science have NOTHING to do with tearing down religion. Scientists are trying to figure out how the world works, and the truth of reality. They don't do so as a whole with respect to any religion. There are scientists of ALL the faiths of the world. If the TRUTH of reality was what the BIBLE says... We wouldn't be debating at all using ANY scientific claims, because SCIENCE, and general scientific consensus, would point to things like Noah's flood being true. Creation 'scientists' would be world renowned. However, this is not the case. Creationists use fiction to fill in gaps, start with preconceptions, are NOT in search of truth, and are known as JOKES in the scientific community.

I think you need to look at the walls of the cage your mind is in, and the fact that you live by an EXTERNAL set of rules created by SOMEONE else, and realize who, in REALITY, was programmed. I'm not the one that chose someone else's CODE to live by.

Ah, but "programmed" you are.  You accept what some (I've made it very clear that I'm not talking about all) scientists are guilty of promoting what can only be described as a "cult of science" that is based upon suppositions, assumptions, and hot air.  These men promote their fantasies as fact and that is where I get riled.  Present your suppositions as suppositions all you want, but don't steal money from me and then use my money to promote those same suppositions as FACT (which is both a lie and theft)...

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 07, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »

For one thing, as the author of what "good" and "evil" are, we have no standing to make such a claim (I'm sure you feel that you do).

I already addressed this, and now you are rehashing old arguments because you chose not to participate in the original discussion.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=11164.msg498895#msg498895
The bible REQUIRES that morality does not come from god, but in fact that you MUST judge god - (even though it says that you should not, it requires you to, which makes sense, since you have CHOSEN Christianity) You are going to have to READ the text of that post to see the explanation for how the bible expects you to judge the morality of your deity.

I'll get to your question about Angels tomorrow I think.

Silly assumption on your part since I have stated numerous times that I do not accept all that the books assembled into what is called "the Bible" are all accurate...

I'm assuming then, to claim to be a Christian, that you at least believe in a past being that had magical powers and was supposedly the son of a deity?  (something akin to the EXACT same story as Dionysis, Osiris, Krishna, Mithra, and even to a large extent... Buddha)

So, what special powers do YOU believe Jesus had?

Could he fly? Did he shoot lasers from his eyes? Did he move things with his mind?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:23:32 AM by Johnson »

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 07, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »

I've never made the claim that I support state funded science.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.