Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543250 times)

NHArticleTen

Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2370 on: November 18, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »

I am so tired of this tumor of a thread I can't even put it into words that would do it justice.

Everyone quit picking on Gene.

Gene, get yourself a damned blog already.

well...you know it would not have had 30,600 views if it would have just said "anarchy"...

but I'll bet FTL got alot of "extra" hits...say thirty thousand or so...lol

IMHO..."many" so-called "christians" support the mobocracy and it's aggression/force/fraud...and it's pure hell converting them to voluntaryism...

I agree.  "Christians" are hard to convert to freedom, but I'm working on it...

devil worshipers are more easily convinced to leave everyone else alone...

IMHO...if "christians" got "back" instantly...all the aggregated aggression/force/fraud they themselves have advocated and participated-in...they would all die immediately...

and the rest would either leave everyone else alone...or be repelled, destroyed, and eliminated...

onward christian mobocracy looter minions indeed...

straight to hell...

ask how I really feel...meh...

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #2371 on: November 18, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »

He kinda asked for it!  :lol:

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2372 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »

He kinda asked for it!  :lol:

Actually, I don't recall making such a request.  It does look like you might just have to put up with me for awhile longer since I "almost" got electrocuted but miraculously did not get any current...

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 19, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »

Are you saying this was a miracle?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Taors

« Reply #2374 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »

I'd say so.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 19, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

A review of recent posts finds a concern that freewill cannot exist because God knows the future.  I hardly find this convincing.  Because someone has KNOWLEDGE of what you will do is not the same as MAKING you do it.  You have the freewill to make your decisions.  You were CREATED with freewill AND rights.  Your rights and your freewill follow you wherever you travel  in the universe.  When I'm in China, I have a right to keep and bear arms, for instance.  There are, however, armed CULT MEMBERS who feel (mistakenly) that they have authority to take my weapons or even kill me.  That does not mean that my rights do not exist, it means that a gang of thugs want to VIOLATE those rights.  If I were to carry a pistol in China (they are available on the black market) I would do so concealed.  Indeed, in China, it is less likely that I would be searched then here...

Gene, I think you are making epic fail here because you are ascribing human characteristics to God which is blasphemous.  The reason we do not refer to God by his true name is because it is impossible for us to comprehend because God is so much more than human that it is fallacious to ascribe human characteristics to him.  Referring to "God's Knowledge" or "God's Intent" or "God's Love" are all blasphemous.  That is because it is blasphemy to reduce God to the level of a human, when he is so much more. 

God is everywhere and everything.  Not some man in a chair high in the sky casting thunderbolts and dictating the lives of insignificant humans. 

To defile God by supposing that he "feels" human characteristics like love and hate or knowledge or jealousy is blasphemy in all religious with Judaic roots.

Oh yeah, and

Humans have free will.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »

Absolutely.  I had one hand on ground and the other on a live current wire.  Didn't get any current at all.  I really should be dead right now.  I've seen a "safety video" where the showed actual footage of an 18 y/o kid washing his car and he had a vacuum cleaner and was standing in water.  The instant the kid's hand hit the ground, he dropped like a stone and could not be revived...

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 19, 2008, 11:47:45 PM »

Absolutely.  I had one hand on ground and the other on a live current wire.  Didn't get any current at all.  I really should be dead right now.  I've seen a "safety video" where the showed actual footage of an 18 y/o kid washing his car and he had a vacuum cleaner and was standing in water.  The instant the kid's hand hit the ground, he dropped like a stone and could not be revived...
There was something you probably just missed, like the circuit was still open somewhere and you just didn't realize it.  Perhaps that was miraculous.  I believe either everything is a miracle or nothing is.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 19, 2008, 11:54:32 PM »

A review of recent posts finds a concern that freewill cannot exist because God knows the future.  I hardly find this convincing.  Because someone has KNOWLEDGE of what you will do is not the same as MAKING you do it.  You have the freewill to make your decisions.  You were CREATED with freewill AND rights.  Your rights and your freewill follow you wherever you travel  in the universe.  When I'm in China, I have a right to keep and bear arms, for instance.  There are, however, armed CULT MEMBERS who feel (mistakenly) that they have authority to take my weapons or even kill me.  That does not mean that my rights do not exist, it means that a gang of thugs want to VIOLATE those rights.  If I were to carry a pistol in China (they are available on the black market) I would do so concealed.  Indeed, in China, it is less likely that I would be searched then here...

Gene, I think you are making epic fail here because you are ascribing human characteristics to God which is blasphemous.  The reason we do not refer to God by his true name is because it is impossible for us to comprehend because God is so much more than human that it is fallacious to ascribe human characteristics to him.  Referring to "God's Knowledge" or "God's Intent" or "God's Love" are all blasphemous.  That is because it is blasphemy to reduce God to the level of a human, when he is so much more. 

God is everywhere and everything.  Not some man in a chair high in the sky casting thunderbolts and dictating the lives of insignificant humans. 

To defile God by supposing that he "feels" human characteristics like love and hate or knowledge or jealousy is blasphemy in all religious with Judaic roots.

Oh yeah, and

Humans have free will.

I re-read what I posted and I can't see where I said anything about the nature of God other than to make a reference to Him knowing the future.  Still, I don't accept your claim that it is "blasphemy" to claim that God could have some similarities between His nature and ours.  You can claim that if you like and maybe you are right (but then again, maybe you are wrong).  I certainly don't see where God has indicated to me that I have somehow defiled Him with my words...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 19, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »

There was something you probably just missed, like the circuit was still open somewhere and you just didn't realize it.  Perhaps that was miraculous.  I believe either everything is a miracle or nothing is.

No, I had just plugged it in to check with my meter that the fuse was hot on one end and dead on the other.  There's no doubt that what I touched was hot.  Of course you can believe what ever you like as most everyone's beliefs differ.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:04 AM »

Oh yeah, and

Humans have free will.

I re-read what I posted and I can't see where I said anything about the nature of God other than to make a reference to Him knowing the future.  Still, I don't accept your claim that it is "blasphemy" to claim that God could have some similarities between His nature and ours.  You can claim that if you like and maybe you are right (but then again, maybe you are wrong).  I certainly don't see where God has indicated to me that I have somehow defiled Him with my words...
Simply by ascribing human characteristics to God you are defiling him by bringing him down to the level of humans, when he is so much more, literally EVERYTHING more because of God's omnipotence.  You by likening yourself to God, not only are you risking violation of the 1st Commandment, but you are also degrading God to the comparatively extremely low level of humanity.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #2381 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:05 AM »

The real reason why you're not supposed to use God's name is that, in the Jewish mythology, doing so would summoned Him into your presence. If you call forth God, you'd better have a damn good reason! After all, He is a busy deity, what with the smiting and all.

Actually, you CAN summon forth God, provided you actually have a good reason. Like, wanting to ask him to kill your enemies, for example.

This is why the ancient Jews would never utter the name of--you know who. Even more sever was to (gasp) write it down. For this reason, they would leave some of the letters of his name out, just to be safe. To be even safer still, they would call Him by the general term, "God," rather than by his given (?) name.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 20, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »

The real reason why you're not supposed to use God's name is that, in the Jewish mythology, doing so would summoned Him into your presence. If you call forth God, you'd better have a damn good reason! After all, He is a busy deity, what with the smiting and all.

Actually, you CAN summon forth God, provided you actually have a good reason. Like, wanting to ask him to kill your enemies, for example.

This is why the ancient Jews would never utter the name of--you know who. Even more sever was to (gasp) write it down. For this reason, they would leave some of the letters of his name out, just to be safe. To be even safer still, they would call Him by the general term, "God," rather than by his given (?) name.
Actually according to several of the rabbis I've spoken with, and my own interpretation, it's because of the reason I just listed above.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 20, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »

Simply by ascribing human characteristics to God you are defiling him by bringing him down to the level of humans, when he is so much more, literally EVERYTHING more because of God's omnipotence.  You by likening yourself to God, not only are you risking violation of the 1st Commandment, but you are also degrading God to the comparatively extremely low level of humanity.

You can certainly make the claim that "God doesn't like X" but I certainly don't have to accept it.  I don't accept that I cannot say certain things about God as that will "defile" Him.  Perhaps he feels flattered when we try to ascribe "human" traits to Him.  After all, He is our "Father" according to my belief and fathers in general love to have their little offspring make cute motions toward being like "dada"...

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 20, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »

You can certainly make the claim that "God doesn't like X" but I certainly don't have to accept it.  I don't accept that I cannot say certain things about God as that will "defile" Him.  Perhaps he feels flattered when we try to ascribe "human" traits to Him.  After all, He is our "Father" according to my belief and fathers in general love to have their little offspring make cute motions toward being like "dada"...

I didn't say that God likes this or that, I said that likening God to a human by ascribing human traits to him is degrading defilement, blasphemy, and a violation of the 1st Commandment.  Saying that God likes this or that would be ascribing human traits to him which would be a defilement of his name.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.