Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543255 times)

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2235 on: October 27, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

I think there's a fundamental disconnect when people people take Gene's thesis and then try to argue whether or not God is liberty minded because of His actions in the Bible. Gene's thesis of Christian Anarchy, as well as mine of Muslim Nonarchy, concerns how men should treat one another, and is largely based upon the idea that government men have no legitimate authority. Arguing that God is not libertarian is as asinine as arguing that gravity is not libertarian. It's a non sequitur. Allah al-Malik... God is Sovereign. The act of creation is by fundamentally an initiation of force. Were God not liberty minded freewill would not exist at all, but like gravity, consequences result from freewill, and freewill is limited by the physical world. Call it God, call it Nature, call it whatever you like, the character of the Creator, the Sovereign, the Sustainer is not relevant this this thesis UNLESS one believes that the Sovereign grants authority to some men to aggress against others. Gene's thesis, and mine, is that He doesn't.

I would feel very ashamed of myself if I was to subscribe to a god who raped and pillaged. Even if god (or whatever name you wish to give to your chosen sky-deity) did exist (and the evidence against such is heavily weighted) I wouldn't worship him - what's written about him disgusts me.

In fact, the very act of worship is against liberty, and personal responsibility, in my opinion.

However, the act of respecting others' rights to worship is VERY MUCH what liberty is about - so, eat your heart out, guys. I would fight for your rights to worship whatver the hell you wished to worship, and I trust you would do the same.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: October 27, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »

This thread should be titled "Cosmic Monarchy is the only sensible answer." or perhaps it should be a cosmic dictatorship, right Gene? After all, there can only ONE all powerful creator being right? That creator having ultimate power over everything?

I find it interesting that you don't mix your beliefs in anarchy with your beliefs in how the universe should be run.
Vote Jesus in 2008!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:43:23 PM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2237 on: October 27, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

Aw hell.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

NHArticleTen

« Reply #2238 on: October 27, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »

It's like arguing whether Santa is a free-stater.

I'm pretty sure he's not.

damn, there goes christmas...

what about the Great Pumpkin...

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: October 27, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »

"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

NHArticleTen

« Reply #2240 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: October 27, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »

SHAW UFO UBER ALLES

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2242 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »

This thread should be titled "Cosmic Monarchy is the only sensible answer." or perhaps it should be a cosmic dictatorship, right Gene? After all, there can only ONE all powerful creator being right? That creator having ultimate power over everything?

I find it interesting that you don't mix your beliefs in anarchy with your beliefs in how the universe should be run.
Vote Jesus in 2008!

Actually you are correct that God is a Monarch.  "Democracy" is quite evil as we of the liberty movement can see.  The "creation" will never be able to unseat the "Creator" as that would be against nature.  I've made it clear from the start that I'm an "anarchist" as far as any human "monarch" or "ruler".  I recognize none.  They are nothing more than MEN who use FORCE to STEAL and PILLAGE.  Eventually they succumb to a someone who overturns them (or their successor) by "FORCE".  The old saying "live by the sword..."

To be an "anarchist" towards your own Creator would be foolish as well as "against nature"...

Russell Griswold

« Reply #2243 on: October 27, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »

When I think of monarchies, I think of violent czars of Russia. They stole land from poor folks and created collectivist dictatorships.  :(

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: October 27, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »

Jesus kinda sorts rules by force don't he?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: October 27, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."
Matthew 10:34-39

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: October 27, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »

I'm guessing by the above quote... more of a dictator than a monarch right?

To be an "anarchist" towards your own Creator would be foolish as well as "against nature"...

You must take that "Honour Thy Parents" thing really seriously...
I know a girl who was raped by her father... In more ways that one, for since then, she now lives her life for Jesus.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: October 27, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: October 27, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »

religous faggots

A. You spelled "religious" incorrectly.

B. I hope Gene deletes your post, because you're an ass.

C. PLATINUM PENIS.

EDIT: Also "sovereignty", "concerned", and "succumb".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:05:17 PM by John Shaw »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.