Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543172 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #2220 on: October 25, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »

And let's not even get into Lot turning over his daughters to be gang raped by a bunch of dudes who wanted to bone some angels that were hanging at his crib.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #2221 on: October 25, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

Suppose there are two boys, a small younger brother and his bigger brother, who protects him from the neighborhood bully. The little brother looks up to and respects his big brother.

Bully: "Your little brother only likes you because you protect him."

Big Brother: "Oh, yeah? Well, he'll still like me even if I stand by and let you beat the shit out of him."

Bully beats the shit out of the little brother. Oh nos!

That's pretty much the story of Job. Oh, and the message was supposed to be, "Hey, I'm God. I made you and I can do whatever the hell I want!" In fact, God gives almost this exact speech in the book.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #2222 on: October 25, 2008, 05:05:54 PM »

You can grab a lot of stuff from the bible to show god at his very worst - a dictator who will kill, mame and spread disease over his own and other gods' followers. The above is just a brief overview. I could go on for pages and pages.

Yes, all that and more is in the group of writings that several men in the past decided to group together into one place and name "The Bible".  I'm not sure how true all of it is and certainly doesn't sound like the Creator I know and love.  I know a loving Creator who lets us learn from our environment, but I don't believe he helps to make us more miserable for fun.  So is He suffering from a dual personality?  I don't think so.  I can only believe that those things either never occurred or occurred differently than is recorded. 

Geez, Gene. How can I reply to that?!  :lol:

You've made your mind up despite the evidence weighting against you. I guess you get something very personal out of your faith - and more power to you for it. But, you got to see how many, many people aren't going to agree with you that 'xian anarchy is the only sensible answer'  :?

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #2223 on: October 25, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »

God didn't torture Job.  Satan tormented Job and God allowed it because He knew that Job's faith was strong enough to stand against anything Satan could do outside of death.

1. Actually, Job's faith did falter.

2.  God, in this scenario, is still a ______bag.

Rillian, I realize you are one who hates the discussion of God but this is your one and only warning.  Since I now have delete privileges on this thread, I want everyone to know that such language can be taken elsewhere.  Start your own posts if you want to be offensive, but I will delete such in the future...

And to further clarify, I will not tolerate language wherein the sole purpose is to ridicule God.  Ridicule me all you want...

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2224 on: October 25, 2008, 05:43:22 PM »

And to further clarify, I will not tolerate language wherein the sole purpose is to ridicule God.  Ridicule me all you want...

//Joke// I RIDICULE GENE BECAUSE HE WORSHIPS SKY WIZARDS!!!!1111 //Joke//

Seriously though, you should really just start a blog and be done with it, Gene. Share your message with the people who want to hear it, and save yourself the trouble with the people who don't.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 25, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

God didn't torture Job.  Satan tormented Job and God allowed it because He knew that Job's faith was strong enough to stand against anything Satan could do outside of death.

1. Actually, Job's faith did falter.

2.  God, in this scenario, is still a ______bag.

Rillian, I realize you are one who hates the discussion of God but this is your one and only warning.  Since I now have delete privileges on this thread, I want everyone to know that such language can be taken elsewhere.  Start your own posts if you want to be offensive, but I will delete such in the future...

1.  Your supposed knowledge of me is invalidated by the fact that you can't even spell my name correctly.
2.  Delete whatever you want.  If there is indeed a god, then your moronic egomania is more effective ridicule to him than anyone here could hope for.  Believers in God inevitably seem to insult him more in their belief than non-believers ever could in their non-belief. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:36:04 PM by Rillion »

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #2226 on: October 25, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

I wouldn't dream of ridiculing you, Gene, but, for me, the statement 'Xian anarchy is the only sensible answer' represents the very opposite of common sense - for all the reasons I've mentioned thus far, and more.

Perhaps you may wish to revise that statement?

Your replies to my posts have shown how, while you reject evolution due to your perceived kack of evidence for such, you're quite willing to accept very shaky evidence for the existance of your seemingly very flexible understanding of god. How can 'Xian anarchy' be the 'only sensible answer' if it defies common sense as well as any form of academic scrutiny?

I'm quite comfortable with a statement like 'xian anarchy is my answer' (ie: Gene's answer) but, without a doubt, it is not the 'only sensible answer.'

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 26, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »

I wouldn't dream of ridiculing you, Gene, but, for me, the statement 'Xian anarchy is the only sensible answer' represents the very opposite of common sense - for all the reasons I've mentioned thus far, and more.

Perhaps you may wish to revise that statement?

Your replies to my posts have shown how, while you reject evolution due to your perceived kack of evidence for such, you're quite willing to accept very shaky evidence for the existance of your seemingly very flexible understanding of god. How can 'Xian anarchy' be the 'only sensible answer' if it defies common sense as well as any form of academic scrutiny?

I'm quite comfortable with a statement like 'xian anarchy is my answer' (ie: Gene's answer) but, without a doubt, it is not the 'only sensible answer.'

This thread has always been presented as why I believe that "Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer" and as such the title is accurate.  I have admitted (if one would care to review past posts - which I know only a madman would) that "(fill-in-the-blank religion) anarchy is also a good answer".  The reasoning behind the statement is that without a belief in a Creator who made us for a purpose, the practice (or rather reality of) anarchy would not be as preferred because of a lack of moral basis.  Whatever your views about "religion", you have to admit that it at least gives the believers a basis to try to uphold some moral standard.  If one "believes" in evolution and life springing up from non-life for no particular reason or purpose, you really have no argument against people who simply want to "rape and pillage"  after all, passing the "seed" to as many "hatcheries" would be the only "purpose" in evolution.  Gaining as much pleasure as one could gain with total disregard for others would be "acceptable" as you have no rules (at least today we still condemn such behavior even though it is common).

As far as "evolution" having supposed "evidence" I've addressed it long ago but we can address it again if you wish.  I will state that for one to believe that "everything" came from "nothing" "onaconabecause" takes a lot more faith than I have (cosmic evolution has to precede biological evolution unless you believe that the universe has always existed and then you have to explain how that could be...)

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
« Reply #2228 on: October 26, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »

I think there's a fundamental disconnect when people people take Gene's thesis and then try to argue whether or not God is liberty minded because of His actions in the Bible. Gene's thesis of Christian Anarchy, as well as mine of Muslim Nonarchy, concerns how men should treat one another, and is largely based upon the idea that government men have no legitimate authority. Arguing that God is not libertarian is as asinine as arguing that gravity is not libertarian. It's a non sequitur. Allah al-Malik... God is Sovereign. The act of creation is by fundamentally an initiation of force. Were God not liberty minded freewill would not exist at all, but like gravity, consequences result from freewill, and freewill is limited by the physical world. Call it God, call it Nature, call it whatever you like, the character of the Creator, the Sovereign, the Sustainer is not relevant this this thesis UNLESS one believes that the Sovereign grants authority to some men to aggress against others. Gene's thesis, and mine, is that He doesn't.
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

Taors

« Reply #2229 on: October 26, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

Call it God, call it Nature, call it whatever you like, the character of the Creator, the Sovereign, the Sustainer is not relevant this this thesis UNLESS one believes that the Sovereign grants authority to some men to aggress against others. Gene's thesis, and mine, is that He doesn't.

And my thesis, is that "He" (quoted because I use that term loosely) is neutral in the matter.

Without people initiating force, we would not have the kind of life-changing drama that all of us are currently experiencing. There would be no heroes, and there would be no romance. In order for Jesus to be captured, and to die on the cross, Judas Iscariot and his actions had to exist at some point in time and space. Without them, in modern day Christian theology, there would be no salvation. All the world is a stage.

The fact that 'they' exist, makes victory against 'them' all the more sweeter...and in my opinion, brings us closer to divinity.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #2230 on: October 26, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

It's like arguing whether Santa is a free-stater.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Taors

« Reply #2231 on: October 26, 2008, 06:37:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's not.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 26, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »

I have good information that he is (sorry, my source is confidential...)

Taors

« Reply #2233 on: October 26, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »

I have good information that he is (sorry, my source is confidential...)

Dude, I got my shit directly from an elf. Your source is probably a gnome. You know how those gnomes are.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #2234 on: October 26, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »

You know how those gnomes are.

They are filthy liars! Please excuse my language...  :oops:
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.