Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 542881 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2005, 11:32:27 PM »

I'm willing...

Answer me this - doesn't the Bible say to follow the laws of the government? How then can one be an anarchist with Christian beliefs?

You probably are thinking of the following: Romans 13:1  ¶Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7  ¶Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

But who are these "Higher powers" Paul is talking about?  Is it Ceasar?  I don't think so.  If you look at his description of these "powers" and "rulers" they are "ministers of God" and they "execute wrath upon him that doeth evil".  I don't think that Hitler fit this description nor does our current world conqueror.

Tommy

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2005, 11:07:57 AM »

But who are these "Higher powers" Paul is talking about?  Is it Ceasar?  I don't think so.  If you look at his description of these "powers" and "rulers" they are "ministers of God" and they "execute wrath upon him that doeth evil".  I don't think that Hitler fit this description nor does our current world conqueror.

What are the higher powers?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »

What are the higher powers?

I can only speculate that they are a spiritual presence.  Perhaps angels.  I am quite sure they are not referring to the Bushwacker...

Tommy

« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2005, 10:45:55 PM »

I read this in the latest American Free Press:

Almost 70 percent of America's scientists agree "there are basic truths" in religion, and 68 percent called themselves a "spiritual person," a new survey found.  Only about a third said, "I don't believe in God."  The findings mirror a similar study by the University of Chicago that found 76 percent of 2,000 doctors surveyed believe in some higher power.  The latest study at Rice University in Houston polled 1,646 scientists at research universities thorughout the nation.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2005, 10:59:08 PM »

Jason

« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2005, 07:23:53 AM »

As stated in the other thread, how the hell can you be a christian anarchist? Its like bridget saying shes not a tranny and then walks around wearing panties!!! Maybe that was'nt the best example but WTF?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2005, 08:35:44 AM »

As stated in the other thread, how the hell can you be a christian anarchist? Its like bridget saying shes not a tranny and then walks around wearing panties!!! Maybe that was'nt the best example but WTF?

I've explained this one in the past, but I'll give you a short easy-to-understand answer.  I'm an anarchist towards any authority of men.  My belief system is Christian.  I acknowldege God's authority over my life.  You can make your own decision as all of us do.  We can live together in peace (as long as you don't try to throw me to the lions) side-byside on this blue globe as long as you don't force me to bow down to your government god and I don't force you to bow down to God

Does this help clear things up?

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2005, 09:26:46 AM »

Not really, but I will admit to not having read the entire thread only some of it.

Here is my question: What is the difference between an Anarchist who happens to be Christian and a Christian Anarchist?

ladyattis

« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2005, 10:35:40 AM »

The answer would be a circle C than it being public domain.  :lol:

-- Bridget

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2005, 11:40:54 AM »

Not really, but I will admit to not having read the entire thread only some of it.

Here is my question: What is the difference between an Anarchist who happens to be Christian and a Christian Anarchist?

They are one and the same.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2005, 12:07:31 PM »

They are one and the same.

Okay. So, basically the purpose of this entire thread is: Be Christian!

I think it is very silly of you to assume that you could just start a thread telling people that Christianity is good and expect people to become christian. I think every person here feels very strongly about their beliefs (we are all somewhat stubborn, which is good) and if any of us believed in a higher power than we would have picked up a religion long ago. The purpose of this thread makes it seem like none of us have heard of Christianity and need to be informed about.

All I can say is that you are talking into thin air and are coming off to being a bit cooky.

If someone was ment to be Christian they will come to you and ask for help, no need to seek them out and annoy people with your silly ideas.

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »

Fantastic.
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

Tommy

« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2005, 01:25:24 PM »

If someone was ment to be Christian they will come to you and ask for help, no need to seek them out and annoy people with your silly ideas.

I find this thread interesting so I guess it is of value.  If you don't like it, you have the freedom to not view it.  You certainly don't speak for everyone do you?  If you do, there's no reason for them to even post, they can all just let you do it for them.

ladyattis

« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

I prefer to be an Atheist Objectivist Pan-Minarchist psycho-wench from Heck!(c) next to Bob(PRAIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOBBBBBBBBBBB!). :)

Then again, according to CA, I am evil. ;)

-- Bridget

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2005, 01:31:35 PM »

I find this thread interesting so I guess it is of value.  If you don't like it, you have the freedom to not view it.  You certainly don't speak for everyone do you?  If you do, there's no reason for them to even post, they can all just let you do it for them.

Thank you but I know my freedoms and just as I have the freedom to not view this thread I also have the freedom to view it. I choose to view it so that I could give some guidance to poor old ChristianAnarchist.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.