Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 539695 times)

Yamguy

Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 06:49:49 PM »

Gene - one more query:

Let us suppose that we lived in a christian anarchist nation, in which ~99% of people where christian. Lets suppose for a moment that I was a luciferian - a sect of people that already face huge intolerance in the United States as is. Do you honestly believe that people would be "good" enough not to kill me for my beliefs? If a persons spiritual beliefs arent up to them, then how can a society claim to be just or free?

Your advocating a tribal society based on mob rule. Whoever has the most guns and the most people to shoot them would be the dominant party. I hate to say it but I would rather live in todays world as it is right now then live in this delusional max mad world of christians.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 07:26:49 PM »

It won the war.  It brought the most prosperous times in our history.  And, it still is the longest used currency ever in our history.

Don't be too quick to judge.  Educate yourself.  And thanks for the questions. ;)

So, ten billion dollars are printed to build a military in one year. So far so good. Next year 200 million is printed to upkeep the military, same the year after that, etc. After several hundred years we have A LOT of money. Bread will cost $25,000. Or am I missing something?

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2005, 10:52:41 PM »

Gene - one more query:

Let us suppose that we lived in a christian anarchist nation, in which ~99% of people where christian. Lets suppose for a moment that I was a luciferian - a sect of people that already face huge intolerance in the United States as is. Do you honestly believe that people would be "good" enough not to kill me for my beliefs? If a persons spiritual beliefs arent up to them, then how can a society claim to be just or free?

Your advocating a tribal society based on mob rule. Whoever has the most guns and the most people to shoot them would be the dominant party. I hate to say it but I would rather live in todays world as it is right now then live in this delusional max mad world of christians.

I am indeed advocating a tribal society but not based on mob rule.  The rule would be your own and you could band together with other like minded people for protection and fellowship.  The situation you envision could never happen as you could never get 99% of the people to believe anything.  Most groups would be extremely small consisting of perhaps 10-100 like minded people.  Any group growing too big would likely fail from within due to infighting and power struggles.

Look, we already follow our own internal laws.  No one follows law they "disagree" with.  If you see a stop sign in the middle of the desert with clear visibility in all directions with no oncoming traffic, do you stop?  Are you crazy?  Most of us do not commit murder because we have determined for ourselves that murder is wrong.  Same with all our other values.  If someone passes a "law" stating you must sacrifice your first born son to an image of King George (Bush) would you meekly comply?  I think not.  Likewise if I decide that murder is good and I want to murder someone, I don't worry about doing it, only I avoid getting caught by someone who will hurt me (either friends or family of the murderee or the large "gang" of blue crips). 

The anarchy I advocate is not a fantasy, it already exists all around us.  Most of us are in denial.

christiananarchist.myblogsite.com

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 11:03:58 PM »

It won the war.  It brought the most prosperous times in our history.  And, it still is the longest used currency ever in our history.

Don't be too quick to judge.  Educate yourself.  And thanks for the questions. ;)

So, ten billion dollars are printed to build a military in one year. So far so good. Next year 200 million is printed to upkeep the military, same the year after that, etc. After several hundred years we have A LOT of money. Bread will cost $25,000. Or am I missing something?

that's the essence of inflation, yes... so you're pretty much right on w/ that comment.

Ron Paul has said:
http://goldinfo.net/ronpaul.html

"Fed policies do indeed have adverse political ramifications. Fiat currency and big government go hand-in-hand. Without a gold standard, Congress is free to spend recklessly and fall back on monetary expansion to pay the bills. Politically, it's easier to print new dollars than raise taxes or borrow overseas. The Fed in essence creates paper reserves that enable Congress to undertake spending measures that far exceed tax revenues. The ill effects of this process are not felt by the politicians, who can always find popular support for new spending. Average Americans suffer, however, when their dollars are "confiscated through inflation," as Mr. Greenspan termed it."
You get what you give. So, give.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2005, 03:40:20 AM »

You're not seeing the big picture.  There will be no "FED".  There will be no big government.  There will be no standing army. 

The FIAT currency that is backed by the people, printed by our own government, and even supplimented with silver (but not gold), can really change our lives and our prosperity for ever.  And we would not want to go onto the gold standard again because gold is too easily controlled, and can be hoarded quite easily.  Silver is far more abundant, and therefore a better suppliment for the FIAT currency.

"The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of Government, but it is the Government's greatest creative opportunity. By the adoption of these principles, the long-felt want for a uniform medium will be satisfied. The taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest, discounts and exchanges. The financing of all public enterprises, the maintenance of stable government and ordered progress, and the conduct of the Treasury will become matters of practical administration. The people can and will be furnished with a currency as safe as their own government. Money will cease to be the master and become the servant of humanity. Democracy will rise superior to the money power." -Abraham Lincoln

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »

Who's going to pay to mow the lawn in front of the white house? Who's going to pay for the utilities bill of the congress? Those are annual expenses! Every four years we hold election, who's going to pay to run the elections and to people counting the votes?

There is no way around it. Since the government doesn't produce anything it will have to print money to pay for its expenses.

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 11:26:11 AM »

Who's going to pay to mow the lawn in front of the white house? Who's going to pay for the utilities bill of the congress? Those are annual expenses! Every four years we hold election, who's going to pay to run the elections and to people counting the votes?

There is no way around it. Since the government doesn't produce anything it will have to print money to pay for its expenses.
You just don't get it, do you? :lol:  The system pays for itself.  The interest collected by government investments alone will more than pay off any requirement.  This doesn't even mention the thousands of other avenues of profit that come with printing our own money.  Why do you think we prospered after the civil war?  It was because we were using our own currency, providing a stable economy, and was backed only by our own potential.  There is no interest charged on the American people, no debt, no forclosures.  Understand this simple fact, and you can begin to see why the foreign bankers were so adamant about killing our banks and instituting their own.  To say that our own monetary system will not be successful is the same as saying that European bankers don't run the world.

Now tell me, how do you think they managed to do that?

Ahhh....the mind toils.  Don't fight this, man.  It's really a simple reality.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 03:51:49 PM »

You just don't get it, do you? :lol:  The system pays for itself.  The interest collected by government investments alone will more than pay off any requirement.  This doesn't even mention the thousands of other avenues of profit that come with printing our own money.  Why do you think we prospered after the civil war?  It was because we were using our own currency, providing a stable economy, and was backed only by our own potential.  There is no interest charged on the American people, no debt, no forclosures.  Understand this simple fact, and you can begin to see why the foreign bankers were so adamant about killing our banks and instituting their own.  To say that our own monetary system will not be successful is the same as saying that European bankers don't run the world.

How much money will be printed to accurately represent our current potential? Who will get to decide? Also, will more money be printed/taken away when our potential changes (more people being born than dying or vice versa)? How will money be taken out of circulation to prevent inflation? Who will get to decide where the government invests its money? What if the investments fail, where will the government get money?

I might not get it yet but I am listening.

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 04:19:13 PM »

All of your questions are second nature, and will be explained by further research on your own.  I cannot sit here and dictate all the answers to a political system to you in the detail that you deserve.  I know that you have good intentions, and I know that you should hear my responses, btu to be fair to you (and to myself), I really, really need to finish typing my book on this subject.  If I sit here typing it all out to you on a forum, then what's the use of me writing a book on the subject? :lol:

Just read and re-read what I have posted thus far, and do a little research on your own.  Have patience.  It's not like we are going to convert to this system any time soon, lol.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 05:54:34 PM »

All of your questions are second nature, and will be explained by further research on your own.  I cannot sit here and dictate all the answers to a political system to you in the detail that you deserve.  I know that you have good intentions, and I know that you should hear my responses, btu to be fair to you (and to myself), I really, really need to finish typing my book on this subject.  If I sit here typing it all out to you on a forum, then what's the use of me writing a book on the subject? :lol:

Just read and re-read what I have posted thus far, and do a little research on your own.  Have patience.  It's not like we are going to convert to this system any time soon, lol.

A link or two to some articles would be helpful.

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2005, 07:30:13 PM »

Bishop

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 07:36:26 PM »

With all this talk of money, i was wondering one thing.  Are liberty dollars taxable?  Like if you buy a 20 dollar item with a liberty dollar, do you have to pay taxes too? I was thinking this, because since the liberty dollar isn't considered "money" by the government, it would be like bartering with someone, and no money would have changed hands.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »

With all this talk of money, i was wondering one thing.  Are liberty dollars taxable?  Like if you buy a 20 dollar item with a liberty dollar, do you have to pay taxes too? I was thinking this, because since the liberty dollar isn't considered "money" by the government, it would be like bartering with someone, and no money would have changed hands.

That would be awesome!

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2005, 07:40:28 PM »

With all this talk of money, i was wondering one thing. Are liberty dollars taxable? Like if you buy a 20 dollar item with a liberty dollar, do you have to pay taxes too? I was thinking this, because since the liberty dollar isn't considered "money" by the government, it would be like bartering with someone, and no money would have changed hands.
The liberty dollars aren't being taxed, the merchandise you "buy" is.  So, therefore, you will have to pay whatever price the seller asks, unless you strike a deal with them.

eukreign

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2005, 07:52:18 PM »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul125.html

"Fiat dollars allow us to live beyond our means, but only for so long. History shows that when the destruction of monetary value becomes rampant, nearly everyone suffers and the economic and political structure becomes unstable. Spendthrift politicians may love a system that generates more and more money for their special interest projects, but the rest of us have good reason to be concerned about our monetary system and the future value of our dollars." - Dr. Ron Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.