Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 543175 times)

dharveymi

• Power to da people
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
    • To Da People
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #1875 on: April 25, 2007, 11:19:48 PM »

Rapid sedimentation.  Yeah, that's what I thought.  So, how can you tell the difference between rapid and slow sedimentation?

I wonder if dinosaur eggs taste like chicken eggs?

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
« Reply #1876 on: April 26, 2007, 12:58:14 AM »

Rapid sedimentation.  Yeah, that's what I thought.  So, how can you tell the difference between rapid and slow sedimentation?

I wonder if dinosaur eggs taste like chicken eggs?

Probably not, but they do resolve the age old question of whether it was the chicken or the egg that came first.
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #1877 on: April 26, 2007, 01:00:47 AM »

Probably not, but they do resolve the age old question of whether it was the chicken or the egg that came first.

Egg. The animal that laid it wasn't quite a chicken.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

dharveymi

• Power to da people
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
    • To Da People
« Reply #1878 on: April 26, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »

What are the birds that lay their eggs in someone else's nest?

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #1879 on: April 26, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »

That would be a Cuckoo.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 26, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »

That would be a Cuckoo.

Hey, fish lay eggs... amphibians lay eggs... reptiles lay eggs... birds lay eggs... mammals are the most complicated reproductive method.

I think the egg was always first.
~Prophet Muhammad

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #1881 on: April 27, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »

That would be a Cuckoo.

Hey, fish lay eggs... amphibians lay eggs... reptiles lay eggs... birds lay eggs... mammals are the most complicated reproductive method.

Does the Koran have a "creation story" like the Bible's??  If it does, then wouldn't the egg exist after the created creature who lays the egg? 

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 27, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »

That would be a Cuckoo.

Does the Koran have a "creation story" like the Bible's??  If it does, then wouldn't the egg exist after the created creature who lays the egg? 

You make an excellent point brother. It hadn't occurred to me to think of it that way.

The creation in the Koran is similar to the Bible, the word more accurately translates as "stages" not "days" and and there are six, not seven, because God does not rest. That and it doesn't begin with "let there be light" but instead explains that God brought everything together into a single unit and then cast it asunder, and that the heavens are constantly expanding in precisely calculated orbits. More Big Bang like... although I still maintain that the Big Bang was not a Bang, as there were no particles to vibrate, but far more likely, if observed from the outside, a flash of light.

There are Muslim scholars who accept and reject evolution. But they obviously prefer an "intelligent design" theory. The leading scholar on the subject is Harun Yahya. You can find him at www.harunyahya.com or search for him on youtube or googlevideo. He's pretty interesting. Nothing specifically contradicts it in the Koran when you consider that the origin of the cell is still unknown. I my self do not know enough about it... but pondering it, I think that the theory of evolution is incomplete, but I won't claim it's completely inaccurate.

"If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down."
'The Origin of Species' by Charles Darwin, 6th edition 1988 New York University press (p154)

This of course describes just about every organ... but most notably, the living cell.

So, the answer to greater mystery of the egg remains at large.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 10:28:54 AM by MuslimNonarchist »
~Prophet Muhammad

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 27, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

I've heard that Christians have more in common with Muslims than with (what seems to be the 2nd most "popular" religion for most Christians) Judiasm...

I guess if Muslims accept that Jesus was the Messiah, then that would be true since Jews reject that claim.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 28, 2007, 12:42:50 AM »

I've heard that Christians have more in common with Muslims than with (what seems to be the 2nd most "popular" religion for most Christians) Judaism...

I guess if Muslims accept that Jesus was the Messiah, then that would be true since Jews reject that claim.

Hmmm... Well, there's a book out now called, "The Case for Islamo-Christian Society" and that's the author's claim. But I've only read the introduction... But I don't want to get into the obvious implications of removing "Judeo" and how pissed off most people would be if a Muslim were to start doing that. I don't think that was the author's motivation... but if judged by it's cover, as most people do, it looks bad.

There's cases for similarties with both.

From a legal perspective Islam is closest with Orthodox Judaism. Similar Kosher laws, social structure, rules for modesty, etc.

Islam is also closest to Judaism in the conception of God. Strict monotheism. Belief in the one God of Abraham without a son, or any physical manifestation. A genderless, invisible God. The Trinity is uniquely Christian.

We also share Judaism's conception of the Messiah, not as a literal physical son of God (Although we accept the virgin birth), but a spiritual son, as David is referred to as in the old testament. Although Jews are still waiting, may God guide them. Muslims view Jesus as the anointed, the most unique of prophets, and the one to return on the day of recompense. As he says, he was sent to fulfil the Jewish scripture.

But Muhammad is allot like Jesus in that both began their mission alone, and established an entirely new nation, while all the prophets of the ancient Jews brought messages to a specific tribe of people. Both Jesus and Muhammad spread the message in the face of a pagan society. And both religions initially faced conflicts with existing empires... Unfortunately each other at times.

Both Christianity and Islam are characterized as the catalyst of huge advances in science, philosophy, and theology. Often in conjunction with each other.

I wish people focused more on those period of cooperation... we could likely use it as a model for a modern solution.
~Prophet Muhammad

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 28, 2007, 07:53:41 AM »

What do you say to those who make the claim that the Koran promotes violence, aka, Jihad, and the slaying of non-belivers?  Are those claims based on quotes from the Koran and are those quotes easy to misrepresent?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 28, 2007, 08:21:24 AM »

Yes, they can.  And I would say that those are erroneous interpretations of what is promoted.  The actions of people who misinterpret something cannot be used to besmirch that which they misinterpret.  I guess J.D. Salinger should bear some responsibility for Kennedy's and Lennon's assassinations then...

Taors

« Reply #1887 on: April 28, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »

How is it misinterpreted? If Moses goes into a city and slays everyone, that seems pretty clear to me. The reason doesn't really matter.

Help me to understand.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:28:29 AM by Taors »

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 28, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »

Yes, they can.  And I would say that those are erroneous interpretations of what is promoted.  The actions of people who misinterpret something cannot be used to besmirch that which they misinterpret.  I guess J.D. Salinger should bear some responsibility for Kennedy's and Lennon's assassinations then...

That's pretty much what I would say. About Islam

The very few violent verses in the Quran are rairly put in their proper context, which was battles with a specific Arabian Tribe called the Quraish that tortured Muslims, beat them and burned them, broke into their homes, destroyed their property, and killed a great many of them while the Muslims were in Mecca.

During that time the Muslims were not permitted to fight back.

It wasn't until the Muslims left Mecca, and fled to to Medina, when the Quraish formed armies and marched on medina, violating an existing peace treaty, that they were allowed to defend themselves.

You can't read the Quran out of context, it will lead to extremism. There are other sacred sourses in Islam. The Hadith, the Sunna, the Tafsir... There sourses are part of Islam all the way back, and there's difference of oppinion concerning their strength, and interpretation, but it's in these that we see the actuall sayings, actions, and explainations of the Prophet himself.

~Prophet Muhammad

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 28, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »

How is it misinterpreted? If Moses goes into a city and slays everyone, that seems pretty clear to me. The reason doesn't really matter.

Help me to understand.

I don't believe these old Bible stories where the prophets do thees horrendous things. The Bible is just not reliable enough of a record for me to believe that actually happened.
~Prophet Muhammad

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.