Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...  (Read 541796 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...
« Reply #1200 on: January 09, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »

He's also not even a real 'Christian' becuase he throws out some of the bible... and the biblical literalists wouldn't even accept him as one of their own...

And who gets to define "Christian"?  You?  Do you cite "biblical literalists" as your source of authority?  It's so nice of you to put your faith in them.  I'm sure they appreciate it.

Hrm, I kinda thought that was what the BIBLE was for. But I guess I can  start calling myself a Christian, becuase I DON'T believe in christ. You say that doesn't make sense? Welll... I mean, since according to you the Bible isn't relevant to defining what the word Christian means... I suppose I can say "Jesus Christ is a shitfucker" and still call myself a GOOD CHRISTIAN, and be absolutely as correct as you... according to your definition.

I will repeat it a 3rd time... ignoring it one more time shows what a fucking COMPLETE coward and bullshitter you are... and it will be something I will remember to address with you at every chance I get.

Why not throw out the rest of the bible as well then? If you are getting rid of parts of it, why not simply create your own religion and be a fuckin' individual...? As opposed to a mewling lamb.

I won't argue the existence of a god or gods... I don't know that... no one can. It's a pointless and endless debate.

What is debatable, is the existence of "Jesus", the idea of creationism (which is utterly stupid), and the idea that morality comes from a higher power.... those falsehoods can be discussed with great vigor.

Why call yourself a Christian? Do you REALLY feel the need to identify with the flock of sheep?

Just to clarify there are four distinct questions there...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:53:18 PM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Slacker

• Lazy good-for-nothing, dope smokin
  • I just wanna be free
    • View Profile
    • The Slacker
« Reply #1201 on: January 09, 2007, 10:34:30 PM »

I just wanted to make the 1400th post on this thread. I'm so shallow.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 09, 2007, 10:53:39 PM »

I just wanted to make the 1400th post on this thread. I'm so shallow.

heheh STOLEN!  :shock:  :lol:
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #1203 on: January 09, 2007, 11:02:55 PM »

I will repeat it a 3rd time...

Please, repeat it a 4th and 5th time... I'm not your slave to do your bidding.  I will put out what I believe and why I do so.  If others want to ponder on what I say, let them ponder.  If you don't want to, then don't.  I don't control you and you sure don't control me.  While you're at it, repeat a 6th time.  It's not like all I have to do is answer your questions.  If you seemed to really be interested in an answer, I might spend more time at it but otherwise, I'll just have fun with it...

Oh yeah, and for the record, THIS is the 1400th post... (at least for the time being)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:10:19 PM by ChristianAnarchist »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 09, 2007, 11:08:22 PM »

The only world that matters for this tangible lifetime is the observable one, the supportable by others observations...or MAYBE I'm just part of your consciousness, created by you because for some reason you need some opposition...>.>  Think about THAT for a while.

Hey, where's your source for the above??  Sounds like an unsubstantiated opinion to me.  Isn't that what you are accusing me of??  Kettle calling the pot black (bet you never heard that one before).

bonerjoe

« Reply #1205 on: January 09, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

Hum be dum, hum be dum oh oh, hum be dum, hum be dum oh oh...

bonerjoe

« Reply #1206 on: January 09, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »

Now you're getting it!

bonerjoe

« Reply #1207 on: January 09, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »

It's like trying to covert people into libertarians. Either you are or you ain't.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:41 PM »

I will repeat it a 3rd time...

Please, repeat it a 4th and 5th time... I'm not your slave to do your bidding.  I will put out what I believe and why I do so.  If others want to ponder on what I say, let them ponder.  If you don't want to, then don't.  I don't control you and you sure don't control me.  While you're at it, repeat a 6th time.  It's not like all I have to do is answer your questions.  If you seemed to really be interested in an answer, I might spend more time at it but otherwise, I'll just have fun with it...

Oh yeah, and for the record, THIS is the 1400th post... (at least for the time being)

Of course you aren't my slave... Like I said... Your unwillingness in answering a simple and obvious question about your belief system, clearly demonstrates how full of shit you are. It reveals your cowardess, and what your true intent here is... To waste time. You aren't trying to actively have any sort of discussion of philosophy or discuss your beliefs or anyone else's. You are here to A. Prosteletyze and barring success B. Waste the time of anyone that might disagree with you.

It's lunacy to think that anyone here would ever be suckered by your faux-socratic-method BS. The best you can even hope for is wasting a bunch of people's time... and since you change the subject by only answering partial segments of posts every single time your logic is answered by an athiest or agnostic, using YOUR OWN terms and words... It is quite obvious that is your intent. Not to have a discussion, but instead to waste time. To simply see how long you can drag this on for...

It's pretty obvious WHY you are doing it too... (and maybe I can see this becuase, as a non-atheist I don't think inside the same box) You are doing it becuase you have an understanding of how some Atheists THINK... (It's like an episode of Star Trek the next Generation actually)

You have taken the role of DATA (the Android) in this...

In "Peak Performance," an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, an obnoxious alien who is a master of a game called Strategema defeats the android Data. In a rematch Data plays an obstinately defensive strategy, declining even the most promising attacks, until the master of the game resigns in a fury, unable to win. Pity the poor alien, for Data did more than defeat him; he demonstrated that the game to which he had devoted himself was indecisive, and hence futile.

I see what you are doing... I understand it, and since it's obvious you are refusing to actually have any sort of discussion, I will be the first to part ways.

So long, Gene the "I'm not actually a Christian according to the Bible, I just call myself one so I can identify with the sheep that make up the majority of society" Anarchist.  There's no reason for me to try to have a discussion with someone who doesn't want to participate.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 10, 2007, 07:57:03 AM »

Of course you aren't my slave... Like I said... Your unwillingness in answering a simple and obvious question about your belief system, clearly demonstrates how full of shit you are. It reveals your cowardess, and what your true intent here is... To waste time. You aren't trying to actively have any sort of discussion of philosophy or discuss your beliefs or anyone else's.

You are here trying to waste my time answering your facetious questions.  You have no interest in the question or the answer.  I understood that early on.  I provided some answers and you come back with anger and ridicule.  Now I'm a big boy and I can take your crap, but I sure don't have to waste my time answering endless questions that you really have no interest in what I have to say.  Sometimes, however, I do answer them just in case it may benefit someone else reading here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:00:29 AM by ChristianAnarchist »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 10, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »

You have stated that you believe that 'The Bible' is the most accurate book in history, numerous times.

Yes... I did...

You have also stated that you do not believe that God murdered anybody.

No... I didn't...

You have claimed that you have respect for Science, yet in the face of incontrovertible scientific evidence of evolution,

Incontrovertible by your definition...

*You claim that Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer, and then proceed to speak nonsense.

Bibity bobbity, hooh hah, ramma ramma bing bong...

The title of this thread is "Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer" yet very little of what you say makes logical sense.

If I am misinterpreting what you say, please enlighten me.

Zap!  You're enlightened...

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 10, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

Morals come from individuals. People must decide for themselves what they believe to be moral.

Yeah, and some say it is "moral" to cut people up and eat their liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti (sorry, just couldn't help myself)...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:56:37 AM by ChristianAnarchist »

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 10, 2007, 10:21:27 AM »

I think I've made it pretty clear and have said that I would be interested in hearing some real answers from you. As I've also said before though, it's quite obvious you aren't going to provide answers to any meaningful questions, becuase you are playing a game. You've just demonstrated it again.

In one sense, you are correct, the way I ask questions of you is more to mock you and present a case for your dishonesty to the others participating. You are correct in that I don't care what your answer will be, becuase I have known from the beginning that it would be more of this meaningless bullshit. You've been doing this on the BBS for over a year now I think. I never expect any real answers to questions about your beliefs,  and if they magically appeared... I'd be shocked. I doubt that will ever happen though, and I encourage others to take note of the questions I have asked Gene, and ponder why he won't answer them. 

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »

Brian, stop.. save yourself the time and effort... You have also just proven he's a liar... So, bail out and be done with it... Why keep dealing with this unethical sonofabitch?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »

It may be useful in that it might appeal to others reading this board, who may come to realize just how specious CA's position is.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 210   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 32 queries.