Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cheap houses and land
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap houses and land  (Read 47759 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap houses and land
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2010, 02:37:58 AM »

Ecolitan does make a good point.  You did not say that you needed people to refer you to a good contractor in the area.  And someone interested in building up a good reputation would have been happy to reply.  As for it being in Maine.  From what I hear, NH is so small that if the wind conditions are just right you can spit on Maine from any part of NH. 

I hope you get some restitution.  I just think it is going to be more hassle. 

I have been looking at MN myself.  More for the medical marijuana aspect.  And if home prices are better that is a winning situation as well.  I do think you did some great research on that end of things.  Were the property taxes being lower another reason for selecting MN over NH?

blackie

« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2010, 03:16:00 AM »

So why are you bothering us with it now that it's too late?
Too late for what?

Those sinks are out there. I'm gunna put up reward posters, and go to a psychic. Just like in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

I'm wondering what to do if I don't want to go to the cops.

BonerJoe called it. This guy is getting a fansite. That is step one.

I had a home inspector do a construction inspection on the work the contractor did. I think I may have to publish that on the fansite.

I didn't know you had enough work to justify a GC.  You never mentioned it.
I think I mentioned $15k. I thought I needed someone to oversee everything since I wasn't there, and the place hadn't been occupied for about three years. And it's a big place. Over 4000sf. And it's 85 years old. And it was cheap...55k. So yeah, it needs work.

For future reference...  I'm a remodeling contractor, I'm interested in working.  I would rearrange my life for reliable under the table money in the area to start building up a client base there or just for a couple of tapwork tuesdays.  I've been saying it for years.  No one has ever even asked for pictures.
Well, this place needs a lot of work. Too bad I'm pretty much out of money. Fuck. There is a shit load of painting that needs to be done, that was supposed to be done before I moved my family into the place. I don't think you would want to be in this area. It's a small town with a lot of unemployment.

Check out the front door, it has a mail slotgun port.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:10:25 AM by blackie »

blackie

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:43 AM »

I hope you get some restitution.  I just think it is going to be more hassle.
I don't think I will get any restitution.

I have been looking at MN myself.  More for the medical marijuana aspect.  And if home prices are better that is a winning situation as well.  I do think you did some great research on that end of things.  Were the property taxes being lower another reason for selecting MN over NH?
MM is a plus, but the dispensary laws are still a little wacky. The town I'm in doesn't have zoning, so that is a good thing. But there are no jobs. I'm trying to set up my current job so I can work remotely, and my manager is OK with that, but it's gunna take me a little while to iron things out.

Housing in southern Maine is still pretty expensive. There is an income and sales tax and those will more than make up for the lower property tax.

I'd rather be in NH, but I can't afford property there. My wife and I wanted to buy something without a mortgage, and since we have 7 million kids, we needed a big place. They made us insure the place for 400k, because they said that was the replacement cost. We joke around that if the place burns down we can move to NH.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »

I have been looking at MN myself.  More for the medical marijuana aspect. 
MMJ was ridiculously close in NH last time. Even with an (R) takeover, even with an anti-MMJ Governor, I expect it will either be ridiculously close again, or will pass this time. This is a case of momentum where it's gonna happen, just a matter of next year or in 3 years.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »

Check out the front door, it has a mail slotgun port.
Sweet.

We joke around that if the place burns down we can move to NH.
Got it. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Shall we send one of the Keeniacs around? Tell 'em some goobermint peeps live in the house and it'd be an act of CD to raze it.

BonerJoe

« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

Shall we send one of the Keeniacs around? Tell 'em some goobermint peeps live in the house and it'd be an act of CD to raze it.

You are fucking sick in the head.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »

Shall we send one of the Keeniacs around? Tell 'em some goobermint peeps live in the house and it'd be an act of CD to raze it.

You are fucking sick in the head.
I bet blackie could do way, way better.

blackie

« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Cheap houses and land

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.