Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  CD evolution t-shirt idea
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD evolution t-shirt idea  (Read 2038 times)

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
CD evolution t-shirt idea
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »

I hit the wrong button an accidentally deleted this post.

Terror Australis asked for ideas for a CD evolution fund T shirt for Porcfest next year. The slogan is "Dont FED on me"

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:31:29 AM by The Muslim Agorist »
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

Deslock Darkstar

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: CD evolution t-shirt idea
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »

This is an idea for a CD evolution fund T shirt for Porcfest next year

Thoughts?

I like all three.... I'd personally be a little averse to wearing cartoonish poop on my chest, but I can't speak for others. :-D

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »

Hmmm.  The boot is nice because it brings to mind that Orwell quote "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever."  But I like the eagle as well because an eagle supposedly represents the United States as a whole but is generally used to represent only its government.  Having it attack the "Don't tread on me" snake makes that dichotomy clear.  So I'm going to go with that one, though I wish it had some color in it like the other two do.  Could the snake be green and black?

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »

The caveat with the eagle shirt is that it's a ironically similar to the Mexican flag. I guess Mexico city has a foundational myth about an eagle eating a snake.

I happen to like this, because I imagine such a shirt would appeal to anti Fed Mexican immigrants and could open some doors.
~Prophet Muhammad

Stoker

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »

Hmmm.  The boot is nice because it brings to mind that Orwell quote "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever."  But I like the eagle as well because an eagle supposedly represents the United States as a whole but is generally used to represent only its government.  Having it attack the "Don't tread on me" snake makes that dichotomy clear.  So I'm going to go with that one, though I wish it had some color in it like the other two do.  Could the snake be green and black?

Ben Franklin was not only a Libertine and a Patriot, but also a pretty wise SOB:

“For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

“With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country . . .

“I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on.”

-Benjamin Franklin in a letter to his daughter
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:02:51 PM by Stoker »

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 03:11:22 AM »

Terror Australis asked for ideas for a CD evolution fund T shirt for Porcfest next year. The slogan is "Dont FED on me"

Thoughts?

Its certainly colorful!
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »

The caveat with the eagle shirt is that it's a ironically similar to the Mexican flag. I guess Mexico city has a foundational myth about an eagle eating a snake.

I happen to like this, because I imagine such a shirt would appeal to anti Fed Mexican immigrants and could open some doors.

Can you make versions with transparent backgrounds?

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »

Can you make versions with transparent backgrounds?

Absolutely. I'm going to put some work into the eagle one today. I figured it'd be on gold shirts.
~Prophet Muhammad

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »

It is funny that those colours are the national sporting colours of Australia and South Africa ie:green and gold.Sport is a national pastime akin to religion in both countries.
So I will enjoy wearing a turd on my chest in those colours even though Im nowhere near porcfest lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  CD evolution t-shirt idea

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.