Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Brag Here  (Read 60875 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Brag Here
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

Does this mean I should not mention Braskycat again?

No.  Just please don't talk about how something was so scary/funny/maddening that you screamed/laughed/yelled and scared/angered/intrigued the Braskycat. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »

You won't understand until you get a cat.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2009, 09:58:29 PM »

Oh, I've had a cat before.....for many years.  I just had a life, too. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »

Now I think I understand why you don't want kids.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »

Because I'm a callous bitch? 

BonerJoe

« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »

Because I'm a callous bitch? 

It's more like a relationship thing with beings that aren't as smart as you.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »

Does this mean I should not mention Braskycat again?

No.  Just please don't talk about how something was so scary/funny/maddening that you screamed/laughed/yelled and scared/angered/intrigued the Braskycat. 

Arite.  

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »

Actually, that is a big part of it.  Not as smart  per se, but I absolutely don't understand the motivation to bring a very stupid person into existence and spend most of your time with them for the next several years, making sure they don't fall off of things and bash their head in, listening to them scream and cleaning up after them when they throw food against the wall....that sounds like hell to me.   

I do love cats, but I love them as warm, fuzzy, silly animals.  I don't really anthropomorphize them.   

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »

I absolutely don't understand the motivation to bring a very stupid person into existence and spend most of your time with them for the next several years, making sure they don't fall off of things and bash their head in, listening to them scream and cleaning up after them when they throw food against the wall.

When they grow up to accomplish great things and share your convictions and you can say you had a hand in it, and they become people capable of having mature relationships, some of which will be had with you.

It's a fundamental principle of human action: people will endure the disutility of labor in the present in the hope of achieving greater satisfaction in the future than would have been achieved had they not labored. It's the same principle that explains why people go out into the hot sun and dig up earth and plant seeds and apply fertilizer and pull weeds. They don't do it because they like sweating and digging and planting and handling cow shit. They do it because they expect to have a garden in the future, which expectation has a greater value to them than present leisure time.

It's just a matter of whether you think the future good is worth the present disutility. Which clearly you don't, in this case. But most people do. In economic terms, you have a higher than normal time preference.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

Actually, that is a big part of it.  Not as smart  per se, but I absolutely don't understand the motivation to bring a very stupid person into existence and spend most of your time with them for the next several years, making sure they don't fall off of things and bash their head in, listening to them scream and cleaning up after them when they throw food against the wall....that sounds like hell to me.   

Its actually very rewarding. 

Another time, another place for that convo. 

And I honestly don't enjoy other peoples kids.  So I can really see your point.  I like (pick a number) maybe 7% of them.  Which oddly floats into the percentage of adults I enjoy.  Sometimes you see a kid and he/she* says something cool, you're like "I like that kid!"  Thats basically the ones that grow into kewl adults.  I think.  I don't have any hard facts to back that up, but I'm pretty sure it works that way.

*I almost never meet little boys I like, its always girls.  Little boys are spazmodic retards.

**Anyone who makes a comment thats even slightly pedo regarding this convo, I will punish you.  Just take your asshat off and skip to the next topic. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:07 PM »

I honestly didn't mean to insult you guys who have kids-- that wasn't my intent.  I admire people who decide to become parents and devote themselves to it, raising their kids as best as they can.  I just don't think it's for me.....I would be a bad mom.  People who can't handle the idea of owning a gun shouldn't have one, and that should go doubly, quadruply for people who don't want kids. 

For the record, my own mother is fabulous.  And luckily, she has never thought that my decision would be a reflection on her. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »

I honestly didn't mean to insult you guys who have kids-- that wasn't my intent. 

I think everyone is cool with those sentiments, Rill. 

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »

I honestly didn't mean to insult you guys who have kids-- that wasn't my intent.  I admire people who decide to become parents and devote themselves to it, raising their kids as best as they can.  I just don't think it's for me.....I would be a bad mom.  People who can't handle the idea of owning a gun shouldn't have one, and that should go doubly, quadruply for people who don't want kids.

I wasn't offended. You said "I don't understand why...", and since this is internets I explained it.  :P

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »

Back on topic:

PEGGLE EXTREME GRAND MASTER BITCHES

Riddler

« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

*I almost never meet little boys I like, its always girls.  Little boys are spazmodic retards.

being the father of 2) girls, methinks your observations may be biased....
i have 1) boy, and the neighbors have 2) girls, 1) boy.
1 daughter is my boy's good friend...the other girl is a little, pain-in-the-ass, princess.
parents we talk to that have had boys & girls, say boys are so much easier to raise...
i dunno. i'm biased, i suppose, having only 1 boy.
but he was never allowed, as spoiled as he may be, to be a little, undisciplined cretin. a regular, please n' thank you, well-mannered kid.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.