Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Brag Here  (Read 60857 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Brag Here
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

At my company, they dropped 401k matching - which sucks because I was going to start mine.  And then they put us on this new commission pilot where we have the ability to make 5% in commissions for a week - which is normal.  The max before was 2% a month.  Oy vey. 

My company also dropped its 401(k) matching last year, though it may start up again sometime this year or next year.  However, you should consider starting to save anyway.  Whether the company contributes or not, it's still the same chunk out of your paycheck.  The only thing matching does is raise the amount that goes into that fund.  401(k) contributions are exempt from taxes so you only actually lose some of that money as far as take-home pay goes.  That makes saving in a 401(k) a lot more effective than saving with after-tax dollars.

Good point.  I'll have to dig out the book they sent me and everything.  I know it would be smart to do it, but the company matching was more incentive. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

Dropping the matching 401k matching is pretty scummy, especially since thats where most people took the biggest hit. 

I would tell 'em I don't want it any more, and pull your funds.  Roll it over into a different fund, without being whacked with the taxes.  The company gets incentives for people holding their K program.  You can probably defer it into a Fidelity that isn't associated with work and keep the payroll deduction rolling tax-free. 

In other words, Fuck Them. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »

We moved into the new house on Saturday, and most of it is unpacked by today, Monday.  Each day since has been filled with unpacking.  That means that I've been in the process of packing and unpacking since Tuesday of last week.  The old house was one story; whereas the new house is two.  My whole body hurts, but the end is in sight. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2009, 08:11:35 AM »

We moved into the new house on Saturday, and most of it is unpacked by today, Monday.  Each day since has been filled with unpacking.  That means that I've been in the process of packing and unpacking since Tuesday of last week.  The old house was one story; whereas the new house is two.  My whole body hurts, but the end is in sight. 

That's exciting.  Congrats on the new house and all.  Is the vagabond brother still with you guys? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »

That's exciting.  Congrats on the new house and all. 

This.

Is the vagabond brother still with you guys?

Maybe this is what Rillion meant about being mostly unpacked. The vagabond probably fit nicely into a wardrobe box, and can be stored in the garage, until needed.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »

That's exciting.  Congrats on the new house and all.  Is the vagabond brother still with you guys? 

Thanks!

Yes, vagabond brother is still with us, though he's turned out to be slightly less annoying since he's talented at fixing things-- a lighting fixture is slightly off kilter, some rooms need dimmer switches installed, etc.  And the house is situated in such a way that his bedroom is pretty far away from ours, and the upstairs is carpeted so we don't have to listen to him stomping around in the morning.  Hooray.

One casualty, unfortunately, was the bed frame.  The staircase is kind of strangely angled and has a landing, which means that our gargantuan one-piece wooden king-sized bed frame couldn't go up it without possibly killing the banister, so we have to get a new bed frame.  I'm now trying to find one that is sturdy and looks good but won't break the bank.   Maybe something like this:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:10:59 PM by Rillion »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »

Classy fuck platform. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »

Classy fuck platform. 

Indeed.  You need something that won't wobble. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »

Classy fuck platform. 

Indeed.  You need something that won't wobble. 

I like that! 
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »

Novice. 

I put a paint can under one leg. 

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:58 AM »

Novice. 

Gotta leave it JUST close enough to hit the wall each time there's a thrust.

Gives ya that thud action.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2009, 08:40:33 AM »

Novice. 

Unless you’re trying to be quiet... :wink:

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

Novice. 

Quiet sex is not good.   :(
         -George W. Bush

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2009, 08:45:01 AM »

Novice. 

I gave that up when I stopped being a teenager and having roommates.

Squeak them mattresses and bump them walls, baby!

*Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* "You like that? Yeah? TAKE IT ALL!" *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD*

There's something to be said for fucking the shit out of someone.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »

Novice. 

I gave that up when I stopped being a teenager and having roommates.

Squeak them mattresses and bump them walls, baby!

*Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* *Squeakthud* "You like that? Yeah? TAKE IT ALL!" *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD* *SqueakTHUD*

There's something to be said for fucking the shit out of someone.

Agreed...unless you're living with your mother-in-law. :(

I have mastered quiet fucking, it kind of makes it better when you have a hand covering your mouth.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:49:03 AM by Keely »
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 32 queries.