Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Brag Here  (Read 61140 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Brag Here
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

Cold, rainy 10k this morning - 54:59 - New Personal Record! Bigger thing for me was being in the top third for both my age group and gender.

(Next up is a 13.1 mile race in two weeks - where I will be thoroughly humbled as I slide back down into the middle third, or bottom half.)

Rock on. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »

My brag..

I have a plan. 

I usually don't have one. 

I'm pretty pumped. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »

My brag..

I have a plan. 

I'm pretty pumped. 

Plans are good. Especially when it's going smoothly, and you get to say...
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

My brag..

I have a plan. 

I'm pretty pumped. 

Plans are good. Especially when it's going smoothly, and you get to say...

"Success?"

"I tolja' so?"

"Stick it up your ass, naysayers!"?

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »

I was actually off searching for a George Peppard "I love it when a plan comes together" on YouTube, but was pulled away by little-ish folk to play something on the xbox.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »

I was actually off searching for a George Peppard "I love it when a plan comes together" on YouTube, but was pulled away by little-ish folk to play something on the xbox.

I used to love that show when I was a little kid. 

He'd be all "heh" with the cigar, shit exploding in the background. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »

I used to love that show when I was a little kid. 

He'd be all "heh" with the cigar, shit exploding in the background. 

I loved that show as a kid, too.
----
I thought it seemed appropriate here - both line & character.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

----
I thought it seemed appropriate here - both line & character.

It is.  I'm flyin'.  I'm in a truly good mood for the first time in months, like a kid who got a "yes" from asking his crush for a date.  Might just be the coffee. 

I was sort of adrift.  I had a vague direction, and obviously a goal, but I sat down today and made myself a simple set of bi-weekly goals, that are totally within reason.  I should be able to reach each one with little or no difficulty. 

I can't believe I never mapped it out like that.  The hard part is actually gonna be staying UNDER-productive, slow and steady.  The only thing that can fuck it up is haste and impulsive decisions. 

JWI

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »

I got a very glowing yearly review at work yesterday.  If not for the economy and the fact the company has cut back expenses 40% (without laying a single person off) I'd be expecting a nice raise.  At the very least I cemented my worth to the company and maybe worked my way into getting a private office soon.

I bought a bottle of Hennessy XO Cognac to celebrate.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

WTG, JWI!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:28 PM »

I got a very glowing yearly review at work yesterday.  If not for the economy and the fact the company has cut back expenses 40% (without laying a single person off) I'd be expecting a nice raise.  At the very least I cemented my worth to the company and maybe worked my way into getting a private office soon.

My company often gives bonuses for that sort of thing, so the salary isn't increased percentage-wise, because the next raise would be on top of this one, and calculated from it.

Sweet dude, either way. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »

I got a raise at my job because they thought I was doing a good job. I dont know WTF I'm doing but I'm trying.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

JWI

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:25 PM »

My company often gives bonuses for that sort of thing, so the salary isn't increased percentage-wise, because the next raise would be on top of this one, and calculated from it.

Sweet dude, either way. 

The bonus would be great but knowing how they've cut expenditures in order to avoid layoffs, I'd make due with nothing this year so long as I and others can keep our jobs.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »

At my company, they dropped 401k matching - which sucks because I was going to start mine.  And then they put us on this new commission pilot where we have the ability to make 5% in commissions for a week - which is normal.  The max before was 2% a month.  Oy vey. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »

At my company, they dropped 401k matching - which sucks because I was going to start mine.  And then they put us on this new commission pilot where we have the ability to make 5% in commissions for a week - which is normal.  The max before was 2% a month.  Oy vey. 

My company also dropped its 401(k) matching last year, though it may start up again sometime this year or next year.  However, you should consider starting to save anyway.  Whether the company contributes or not, it's still the same chunk out of your paycheck.  The only thing matching does is raise the amount that goes into that fund.  401(k) contributions are exempt from taxes so you only actually lose some of that money as far as take-home pay goes.  That makes saving in a 401(k) a lot more effective than saving with after-tax dollars.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 32 queries.