Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Brag Here  (Read 60866 times)

blackie

Re: Brag Here
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »

I broke my $20 blender this morning with frozen strawberries. I got it three days ago as a replacement for one I broke doing the same thing. It was the same model, cus I used the box from the new one to return the one that broke first.

Now I need to get a good blender.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »

I broke my $20 blender this morning with frozen strawberries. I got it three days ago as a replacement for one I broke doing the same thing. It was the same model, cus I used the box from the new one to return the one that broke first.

That's theft dude.  If you want to blend frozen strawberries, get a blender that's made to take it.

blackie

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »

That's theft dude.  If you want to blend frozen strawberries, get a blender that's made to take it.
Whever. The first blender was within the 30 day store return time period, but I didn't have the box or receipt any longer. It was an exchange. And the blender claims it is made for doing that kind of shit.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

I guess it's OK then but you should have known better, no 20 dollar blender can blend frozen things on a regular basis and be expected to last no matter what the box says.  The smoothie crowd knows a lot more about blenders than I do, I only know that cheap blenders don't work for the smoothie crowd and the one's they like to use are > $100, sometimes much >.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »

Obligatory "Will It Blend" post.

http://www.willitblend.com/
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Bill Brasky

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:38 AM »

I guess it's OK then but you should have known better, no 20 dollar blender can blend frozen things on a regular basis and be expected to last no matter what the box says.  The smoothie crowd knows a lot more about blenders than I do, I only know that cheap blenders don't work for the smoothie crowd and the one's they like to use are > $100, sometimes much >.

I bought a really expensive (for me) pair of speakers once, and returned them when my tuner fuxxored them.  This was at Circuit City, many moons ago. 

I plugged them in, hit the power and *VRMP*,  toast.  Took 'em back, guy says whassa matter, I'm like, they sound fucked up.  While I'm here, I'm gonna go get a new tuner, too. 

I look at it like this:  I get screwed on a regular basis in stores.  Fuck 'em.  I paid for the shit, there was an exchange of cash-money, muthafucka.  To me, the thief is someone who takes a product and does not pay. 

Heres an example.  I just bought a backpack at Wal-Mart, and it seemed like a decent backpack.  It was in sporting goods, rather than the fuckin' backpack aisle.  I paid like $40 for this fucking thing.  And I liked it.  It was designed perfectly.  Less than a month later, now I have no receipts and tags, the fucking thing is literally falling apart at the seams. 

The reason I got screwed on that pack is because I went looking for it, a similar pack in a good store is like, a hundred bucks.  Or two hundred.  Backpacks are fucking expensive. 

They know what the similar product is worth, and it seemed okay at general inspection.  But it was garbage. 

So as far as I'm concerned, I have a rolling account with WalMart.  I won't steal from them, but I will take liberties with my purchase practices, if that makes any sense.  I watch the bean-counter, when stuff falls in my favor, not my fault. 

Another thing that happened there, I got a device that plays a mp3 over the car radio.  $20.  Its a piece of shit.  But it came with a few other wires and gizmos, which I didn't really want, but I'll stick away in a drawer, because I like wires and gizmos.  I'm not gonna return the fucking thing.  But they burned me on the junky device, which plays like shit over the radio.  I won't return the thing, chalk it up to a loss.  Returning it would be a pain in my ass, but they still owe me for that piece of shit, plus aggravation. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:03 AM »

It's Wal-Mart.  About the only thing I get from there is printer paper and such for work supplies, razor cartridges, and something like crackers.  Something that cannot be tainted by Wal-Mart germs.  I would never, EVER buy meat or produce from there.  And if it came from there I usually don't eat it.  ARGH!  I HATE WAL-MART.

I did go there the other day to get some supplies for my work.  My store and the other store were both out of printer paper, and we thought it best to stock up on paper towels.  Since we're on a budget at the hut, I got two packs of copy paper (same fucking bullshit...whatever), some paper towels, and then I picked up some junk little Rubbermaid tupperware-like containers to make it easier to bring my lunch to work.  Will they last?  No, of course not.  But they work.  Also, I bought some stupid lotion.  I needed something that was truly unscented and just...worked.  I think I got some Eucerin stuff or something.  Every other fufu bullshit lotion I have from Bath & Body Works or Sephora smells like something. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »

We just celebrated our 10 years of "being together" anniversary last night. Holy shit, I feel old.  :shock:

Which means our high school reunion is this year. WTF! :(

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »

We just celebrated our 10 years of "being together" anniversary last night. Holy shit, I feel old.  :shock:

Congrats!

Do the woman who skipped her 20th reunion last year a favor though, and hold off on the "old" comments.  :P
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »

Congrats!

Do the woman who skipped her 20th reunion last year a favor though, and hold off on the "old" comments.  :P

Thanks!

and shit, sorry Joy...I know I am not old, but for once I actually feel my age and it is kind of weirding me out. 27 is almost 30!!!! I remember when my mom was 30 thinking OMG you’re so old and going to die soon. Not to mention I can be a wee bit dramatic at times :)
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2009, 09:37:42 AM »

Congrats!

You don't look anywhere near your age, so you hush.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »

My wife and I are going on 9 years.  That is almost.... :shock:....10 years!
Pocho

Bill Brasky

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »

It's Wal-Mart.  About the only thing I get from there is printer paper and such for work supplies, razor cartridges, and something like crackers.  Something that cannot be tainted by Wal-Mart germs.  I would never, EVER buy meat or produce from there.  And if it came from there I usually don't eat it.  ARGH!  I HATE WAL-MART.

I did go there the other day to get some supplies for my work.  My store and the other store were both out of printer paper, and we thought it best to stock up on paper towels.  Since we're on a budget at the hut, I got two packs of copy paper (same fucking bullshit...whatever), some paper towels, and then I picked up some junk little Rubbermaid tupperware-like containers to make it easier to bring my lunch to work.  Will they last?  No, of course not.  But they work.  Also, I bought some stupid lotion.  I needed something that was truly unscented and just...worked.  I think I got some Eucerin stuff or something.  Every other fufu bullshit lotion I have from Bath & Body Works or Sephora smells like something. 

Not all their stuff is junk. 

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:24 AM »

One thing Wal-Mart has no lack of; crackers.

Post Script: not calling anyone here a cracker
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:15:18 AM by Diogenes The Cynic »
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »

My goal was completing in under one hour - and I hit under 58 minutes!

Not only was my unofficial time under an hour (57:13), my official time, which I'll get this evening, should only be about 30 seconds higher. (I like to start at the back of the pack.) Of course, this means I'll have to push myself harder next Saturday to beat this time. Shouldn't be too hard, because next week's race is flat, not rolling hills.

As a side note, I will have to refrain from listening to FTL during races. The occasional outbursts of laughter seem to disturb my neighbors.

Now since I ran to the start of the race from home and back after, I have 9-9.5 miles under my feet already today, and need to start packing in the calories. That postrace latte only gets me so far on the refuel.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:35:56 AM by Laetitia »
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.