Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Brag Here  (Read 60868 times)

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
Re: Brag Here
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2009, 07:42:05 PM »

HT, you should officially brag about having stopped me from doing something stupid.
Because I would have put the thread in General, which would've been a bad idea.
:lol:

I accept your recommendation and officially brag for that. Now I want to brag for being so modest as not to mention that great idea until coaxed.

:)

"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »

I sat down and wrote an article for a web site today in one sitting.  Just parked myself in front of the computer and banged it out.  Hope they like it. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »

I sat down and wrote an article for a web site today in one sitting.  Just parked myself in front of the computer and banged it out.  Hope they like it. 

Is there any other way?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »

Is there any other way?

Oh hell yes. 

Sit down, open up a Word document.  Go read some blogs.  Get up, make some tea.  Sit down again.  Check out the FTL forum, make a few posts.  Go to the bathroom.  Come back, sit down.  Decide you need a snack, get up to get a snack.  Sit down again.  Read some funny updated web sites.  Look at blank Word document, write two paragraphs.  Read a few more blogs.  Repeat. 

That's how it usually goes for me.   :)

JWI

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

Get up, make some tea.

What kind of tea?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »

Get up, make some tea.

What kind of tea?

Used to be English breakfast or Earl Grey, but I've switched to green tea with lemon because it has no caffeine and doesn't need milk. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:29 PM »

A contractor ordered $15,000 worth of aggregate that was the wrong size for what he was trying to use it for.  After reading and tweaking our material specifications, I found different use for the rock and saved his ass!
Pocho

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »

Is there any other way?

Oh hell yes. 

Sit down, open up a Word document.  Go read some blogs.  Get up, make some tea.  Sit down again.  Check out the FTL forum, make a few posts.  Go to the bathroom.  Come back, sit down.  Decide you need a snack, get up to get a snack.  Sit down again.  Read some funny updated web sites.  Look at blank Word document, write two paragraphs.  Read a few more blogs.  Repeat. 

When I write articles for publication I pound them out on a caffeine high, edit sober.

I don't do it unless I'm inspired.  For things I am uninspired about, I work same as you do.

JWI

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »

Get up, make some tea.

What kind of tea?

Used to be English breakfast or Earl Grey, but I've switched to green tea with lemon because it has no caffeine and doesn't need milk. 

Ah green tea is good.  The caffeine doesn't bother much since I'm a recovered coffee drinker.  Been sticking with Irish Breakfast Tea in the mornings and Peppermint tea at night.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »

Hmm.  I like white tea.  I absolutely cannot stand green tea at all, ever.  Which is funny because I like white tea, red tea, herbal tea, and black tea.  Of all different varieties.  I know that myself and a few others that post/posted here have found quite a few goodies at http://www.adagio.com   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »

I have to be very careful about trips to adagio's website. It is a dangerous place for my wallet.

I'm not a big fan of the straight green teas, but have enjoyed some of the blends. Irish Breakfast and Assam Melody/Harmony are my favorites, along with the Oolong Jasmine. (I forget which number of the oolong jasmine, and am too snuggled up in my desk chair to go look.)

I ordered my teapot from there - and have been using it a couple times each day for almost two years now. It's quite sturdy, and has survived kids dropping it on the floor when "helping" in the kitchen.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »

Is there any other way?

Oh hell yes. 

When I write articles for publication I pound them out on a caffeine high, edit sober.

I don't do it unless I'm inspired.  For things I am uninspired about, I work same as you do.

Well, my inspiration goes up and down.  I can write short impassioned articles, but on a longer piece it sometimes becomes a struggle.  Such as the 137 page one I just finished.   :)  It's nice to get back to briefer pieces. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

That's not a piece, it's a book.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »

I have to be very careful about trips to adagio's website. It is a dangerous place for my wallet.

I'm not a big fan of the straight green teas, but have enjoyed some of the blends. Irish Breakfast and Assam Melody/Harmony are my favorites, along with the Oolong Jasmine. (I forget which number of the oolong jasmine, and am too snuggled up in my desk chair to go look.)

I ordered my teapot from there - and have been using it a couple times each day for almost two years now. It's quite sturdy, and has survived kids dropping it on the floor when "helping" in the kitchen.

I don't even own a teapot.  A few of their contraptions intrigue me though, that's for sure.  I just have the little thing that you microwave the water in and then strain it over the cup after the tea leaves are finished steeping.  It works great for little old me, and their white peach tea is to die for. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

... I just have the little thing that you microwave the water in and then strain it over the cup after the tea leaves are finished steeping... 

I have a kettle and teapot. I use the basket which fits in the teapot, or use the paper filters they sell for when I just want a cup.

I don't own a microwave. Not likely to anytime in the near future, either.

I'm rather proud of the no microwave thing, for some odd reason. I'm just not a big kitchen gadget person.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Brag Here

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.