Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Better start stocking up...............
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Better start stocking up...............  (Read 10153 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Better start stocking up...............
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

on shit you use alot of. Prices are going up at the grocery stores pretty soon. Just a good idea. Stuff like sugar, booze, etc etc.

You have been warned.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Better start stocking up...............
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:46:42 AM »

BINGO

and... silver, buy some

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »

hi-ohhhh
silver
and comet
and jupiter
and donner
and nixon
or was it blixon?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »

Since the only good news in the whole election cycle came from NH, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to know supply side agorist in that area. Ranchers who have off the books livestock, Farmers who trade, fishermen who trade right off the boat, pirate chemist, brewers, etc. With the free staters love of alternative barter currency a strong black market could thrive. NH won't have to succeed it'll just fall off.
With the psychotic statist in place in Arizona, I wouldn't want to be near that place if the shit hits the fan. Unless like Doug Stanhope you can bolt for the Mexican border in a moments notice.
As for me, I live in one of the few countries with a trade surplus and a (in a practical sense) hard asset backed currency. My problems will be empty shelves because we import everything. So probably good advice to me as well.
mmmm.... fish.
Unfortunately I think the current administration will have a magical recovery like after Clinton's first midterm loss. In my lifetime the economy thrived most during split party governments.
I am sick of fucking around myself. I had hoped for the Dems to sweep the midterm election.

Riddler

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »

i bought soup & beans yesterday
oh
and wine

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »

Seems to me I heard our Masters in Washington have banned incandescent light bulbs.

When does it go into effect? Can anyone confirm this?

If true, and this becomes widely known, there will likely be a run on them.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »

Seems to me I heard our Masters in Washington have banned incandescent light bulbs.

Not a bad idea if you like those, but I actually like the flourescent bulbs better since they last longer and only use about 1/4 the energy to run. If you like em though, stock up.

I'm just thinking along the lines of stuff like sugar, booze, petrolium based products that are ready to go up 40, 50, even 60% in price here pretty soon. If you stock up and can have enough to live on for 6 months, its the same thing as making 60% on the stock market. An easy way to hedge against the inflation that is coming................. at least for a little while till we figure out what the long term holds.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »

Not a bad idea if you like those, but I actually like the flourescent bulbs better since they last longer and only use about 1/4 the energy to run. If you like em though, stock up.

I'm just thinking along the lines of stuff like sugar, booze, petrolium based products that are ready to go up 40, 50, even 60% in price here pretty soon. If you stock up and can have enough to live on for 6 months, its the same thing as making 60% on the stock market. An easy way to hedge against the inflation that is coming................. at least for a little while till we figure out what the long term holds.

I use the fluorescents also, wherever possible. I've been "green" all my life, heh heh not in the political sense, but because I'm cheap. But I have a few fixtures that the fluos won't fit into.

Yup, commodities have been on the rise for some time now, and the increases will soon be at the consumer level.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »

Since the only good news in the whole election cycle came from NH, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to know supply side agorist in that area. Ranchers who have off the books livestock, Farmers who trade, fishermen who trade right off the boat, pirate chemist, brewers, etc. With the free staters love of alternative barter currency a strong black market could thrive. NH won't have to succeed it'll just fall off.
With the psychotic statist in place in Arizona, I wouldn't want to be near that place if the shit hits the fan. Unless like Doug Stanhope you can bolt for the Mexican border in a moments notice.
As for me, I live in one of the few countries with a trade surplus and a (in a practical sense) hard asset backed currency. My problems will be empty shelves because we import everything. So probably good advice to me as well.
mmmm.... fish.
Unfortunately I think the current administration will have a magical recovery like after Clinton's first midterm loss. In my lifetime the economy thrived most during split party governments.
I am sick of fucking around myself. I had hoped for the Dems to sweep the midterm election.

Difference here being we dont have a dot com bubble to support the expansion of the money supply like we had when Clinton was in office, or a housing bubble to dump it into with Bush. Theres nothing left to dump the currency into except treasury bonds, which nobody wants, so the govt will be buying them. This is a very unique set of circumstances we're facing right now. The only place for the inflation to go this time is into consumer prices. If the government creates price controls, it will causes shortages on some items, just hard to say which items those will be at this point. Just wanted to talk to  you guys about it because I like you guys.

The statists can fuck off for all I care.............. let them eat govt cheese if it gets to that point.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

I hadn't thought of the bubble thing.
Good point.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »

Yeah but dont most people not notice a bubble until it bursts? Isnt that a big part of the idea

I'd stock up on rice and beans if I could but I'm fucking unexpectedly broke right now. :( Sucks bigtime.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »

Yeah but dont most people not notice a bubble until it bursts? Isnt that a big part of the idea

Right, but my point is, this time round, there will be no bubble in anything unless some new thing similar to the internet suddenly appears out of nowhere for people to suddenly dump billions of dollars into, which means the 600 billion that was just created by the fed only has one place to go............... commodities. Food, fuel, medicine, things eveyone needs. Prices are going up. Should start seeing it here pretty soon.

NightFlight

• Beta 4
  • Who said we didn't win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »

Why are prices going up? I mean, more so than usual?
What we have here... is a failure to communicate.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »

Commodities (raw materials) have been on the rise in relation to the dollar, which is falling in value. So it takes more dollars to buy the same amount of something, whether it's gold, crude oil, wheat, sugar, etc. Higher prices are just starting to trickle down to the consumer level.

NightFlight

• Beta 4
  • Who said we didn't win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

Commodities (raw materials) have been on the rise in relation to the dollar, which is falling in value. So it takes more dollars to buy the same amount of something, whether it's gold, crude oil, wheat, sugar, etc. Higher prices are just starting to trickle down to the consumer level.

OK, so prices are going up more than the 2% to 5% per year. How much, percentage wise, will they increase? Damn Obama Care made my insurance go up from $22.78 per week to $70.47 a week for the same coverage.
What we have here... is a failure to communicate.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Better start stocking up...............

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.