Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bernanke wants to eliminate reserve requirements completely!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bernanke wants to eliminate reserve requirements completely!  (Read 3352 times)

davann

Re: Bernanke wants to eliminate reserve requirements completely!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

This should speed things up some. Bring it on.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »

STOP IMPOSING FINANCIAL LAWS, IT IS NOT A FREE-MARKET APPROACH.

Bernanke makes statement about loosening laws...

WARGLEBARGLE!!

davann

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

I'd like to see how long a no reserve banking system would last without the FDIC. It is my hope we will get to see how long it will last with it. Droping the requirements now will not do much today as I believe most banks are currently way above the 10%. But this does have distaster written all over it down the road. I'm sure there is a way to make a tremendous amount of money off this new approach up until judgement day.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

I'd like to see how long a no reserve banking system would last without the FDIC. It is my hope we will get to see how long it will last with it. Droping the requirements now will not do much today as I believe most banks are currently way above the 10%. But this does have distaster written all over it down the road. I'm sure there is a way to make a tremendous amount of money off this new approach up until judgement day.

I think its your basic two-handed approach.  Like when your kid crashes the car drunk.  You don't beat the shit out of him at the police station.  The next day, you don't say much at all.  You get the car fixed.  It comes back from the shop. 

Then when you're handing him the keys back, on a warm Friday evening in early April, you whisper in his ear...  "If you put one scratch on this car drunk again, I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you naked in the holding cell at the police station, and leave you there to rot."

The gov caught a lot of shit bailing out the banks.  "Too big to fail" is now, officially, a dirty word.  He's turning them loose to operate with flexible rules, which they need to operate - as we can all agree.  But they're watching them closely, and still own sizable portions of the banking industry.  If they fuck up again, and start playing fast and loose, the next go-round will not be pretty.  People will go to jail.  Everybody now knows banks can be seized, and it would probably be popular among the population as individual companies are smashed flat for transgressions, as a warning to others who are beginning to relax and tend to forget (as people do) in the coming years. 

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 06:02:30 PM »

I'd like to see how long a no reserve banking system would last without the FDIC.

And here we have the crisis of intervention.

One intervention, the FDIC, creates a environment where "abuses must be stopped", which leads to more interventions to prevent those abuses, which lead inevitably to the next wave of interventions.

Bernanke is trying to deal with a failure of his own Keynesian monetary intervention by ever more severe monetary intervention. That is the same thinking as those who continually stated on TV that the reason any particular stimulus fails is because it was too small, or too late.

They never admit that it is the stimulus itself which fails because it cannot succeed. Ever.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

NotYourSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

I think its your basic two-handed approach.  Like when your kid crashes the car drunk.  You don't beat the shit out of him at the police station.  The next day, you don't say much at all.  You get the car fixed.  It comes back from the shop. 

Then when you're handing him the keys back, on a warm Friday evening in early April, you whisper in his ear...  "If you put one scratch on this car drunk again, I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you naked in the holding cell at the police station, and leave you there to rot."

The gov caught a lot of shit bailing out the banks.  "Too big to fail" is now, officially, a dirty word.  He's turning them loose to operate with flexible rules, which they need to operate - as we can all agree.  But they're watching them closely, and still own sizable portions of the banking industry.  If they fuck up again, and start playing fast and loose, the next go-round will not be pretty.  People will go to jail.  Everybody now knows banks can be seized, and it would probably be popular among the population as individual companies are smashed flat for transgressions, as a warning to others who are beginning to relax and tend to forget (as people do) in the coming years. 

They're fucking up now.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

They're fucking up now.

Your opinion is not the standard by which they measure success. 

NotYourSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 11:28:09 PM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

They're fucking up now.

Their solution to the problem is more of the problem. 

davann

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »

On the bright side it is entertaining.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:09 AM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

They're fucking up now.

Is there no end to your statements of the obvious? 

NotYourSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

They're fucking up now.

What?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 05:38:10 AM »

WARGLEBARGLE!!

They're fucking up now.

What?

No speeky englee? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bernanke wants to eliminate reserve requirements completely!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.