Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  BBS FAIL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBS FAIL  (Read 32526 times)

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
Re: BBS FAIL
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »

My main beef with FB and G+ are that conversations don't seem to last long. I like that with a message board a conversation can go for months or years and people can drop in and out with their comments, and you occasionally get fresh blood with something constructive or fun to say.

Facebook conversations drop away too quickly.

Most modern social media is all about fitting the context of a smart phone, which means small words, small sentences and more timely discussion. That means no lengthy posts, no continuance of old threads, and definitely no back-and-forth conversation. It's all about PUSH content rather than PULL.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »

I also hadn't thought much of it, but now that it's been mentioned I do recall the hosts referring to the BBS as "full of trolls".. a place where the "kids can play in their sandbox", etc. Can't imagine many new listeners would be eager to sign up after hearing that.

Or experiencing it first thing on arrival. I mean, it has been that way quite a lot.

MichaelWDean

• Worms!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »

Trust the mods to do their job. Trust them or don't bring them on. ....

....Most importantly -

Creating a friendlier environment for content generators by disallowing chronic abusive behavior and letting your mods enforce it will drive your traffic.

+1

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »

I've been suggesting a clean-up of this board for years... Maybe I will even start posting here again.

BonerJoe

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »

I've been suggesting a clean-up of this board for years... Maybe I will even start posting here again.

See what you people have done?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2011, 12:55:52 AM »

See what you people have done?

I lol'd.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  BBS FAIL

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.