Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bashing Of Sam
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bashing Of Sam  (Read 6964 times)

ziggy_encaoua

Bashing Of Sam
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »

Personally I don’t understand why anybody would be bashing Sam for what he’s doing being as he’s standing up for the freedom of the press.

You soon enough there could be a system where there’s government approved media, in fact in many ways its already happening because generally people seem somewhat more distrustful of the indie media as in blogs etc.

Basically people already seemed to of been condition not to distrust those voices not sanctioned by the establishment media.

Sam is standing up for the voice of independence & free expression & so in mty view he’s doing something significant.

But unfortunately not everybody seems to agree & well there’s meant to be bashing of Sam going on.

So I thought I’d start a thread where people can highlight where this is going on online so they could possibly defend Sam & explain why his actions are important.

I’ll start off by pointing folk here.

blackie

Re: Bashing Of Sam
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »

Does the first amendment protect my right to video tape a dude's pecker who happen to be using a urinal in a public rest room?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

Does the first amendment protect my right to video tape a dude's pecker who happen to be using a urinal in a public rest room?

I think yes.  Don't see a difference between a dude's pecker at the urinal or a dude's toe at the beach.  I make a habit of keeping my pecker out of anyone else's line of sight when I use a urinal.

JWI

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »

Personally I don’t understand why anybody would be bashing Sam for what he’s doing being as he’s standing up for the freedom of the press.

You soon enough there could be a system where there’s government approved media, in fact in many ways its already happening because generally people seem somewhat more distrustful of the indie media as in blogs etc.

Basically people already seemed to of been condition not to distrust those voices not sanctioned by the establishment media.

Sam is standing up for the voice of independence & free expression & so in mty view he’s doing something significant.

But unfortunately not everybody seems to agree & well there’s meant to be bashing of Sam going on.

So I thought I’d start a thread where people can highlight where this is going on online so they could possibly defend Sam & explain why his actions are important.

I’ll start off by pointing folk here.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Criticism is not bashing.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »

probably because we think Sam is stupid. 

I don't think he is standing up for shit.  I think he is just being an attention whore. 

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »

Not if the guy is taking the proper steps which are recognized within our culture as an attempt at privacy during the act. 

If he's standing five feet away spraying piss everywhere, take some vid. 

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »

If someone has a camera in the restroom that is my cue to walk away. I hate to show off.  :P
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:32 AM »

Is Evil Muppet trying to steal the "asshole of the year" award from me?  Never!

Which reminds me ...

... here's what you append to all your forum posts if you want every person viewing them to hammer maqs.com for ~8MB of bandwidth: 

:twisted:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:58:25 PM by the ghost of Alex Libman »

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »

No, the First Ammendment prevents Congress from creating laws regluating speech, the freedom of the press, etc. It is a restraint on Congress and congress alone.

State constitutions may have different rules, of course.

Maybe the issue is public property. If the courts were privately owned, then there would be no problem stopping filming there.

blackie

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »

No, the First Ammendment prevents Congress from creating laws regluating speech, the freedom of the press, etc. It is a restraint on Congress and congress alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Although the First Amendment only explicitly applies to the Congress, the Supreme Court has interpreted it as applying to the executive and judicial branches. Additionally, in the 20th century, the Supreme Court held that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies the limitations of the First Amendment to each state, including any local government within a state.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Although the First Amendment only explicitly applies to the Congress, the Supreme Court has interpreted it as applying to the executive and judicial branches. Additionally, in the 20th century, the Supreme Court held that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies the limitations of the First Amendment to each state, including any local government within a state.

Cool. After I posted my comment, I actually wondered if the nineth and fifteenth ammendments may make the First more widely applicable. Cheers for confirming that.

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »

Constitution shmonstitution,

No transparency, no justice!

blackie

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »

The weird thing is that audio recording wasn't limited.

I don't get why they don't just secretly video record if it is so important.

Ghost of Alex Libman

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »

Audio recording makes information less accessible: it's harder to tell who's talking, what else is taking place, etc.

Imagine not knowing what's going on, not even knowing Ian's voice beforehand, and only getting the audio of this situation:

[youtube=425,350]RlcT-3niVes[/youtube]

JWI

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »

Audio recording makes information less accessible: it's harder to tell who's talking, what else is taking place, etc.

Imagine not knowing what's going on, not even knowing Ian's voice beforehand, and only getting the audio of this situation:

[youtube=425,350]RlcT-3niVes[/youtube]

So having a couch in your yard is legal now?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bashing Of Sam

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.