Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bad Phoenix Cops
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Phoenix Cops  (Read 6258 times)

Alex Libman

Bad Phoenix Cops
« on: April 05, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »

From Slashdot  -- Phoenix Police Seize PCs of a Blogger Critical of the Department --

Logicassasin sends in a story about a blogger in Phoenix, AZ, who runs a site that is critical of the local police department. The police recently raided his home and seized his computer hardware.

"Jeff Pataky, who runs Bad Phoenix Cops, said the officers confiscated three computers, routers, modems, hard drives, memory cards and everything necessary to continue blogging. The 41-year-old software engineer said they also confiscated numerous personal files and documents relating to a pending lawsuit he has against the department alleging harassment - which he says makes it obvious the raid was an act of retaliation."

A local publication quotes Pataky saying, "We have heard internally from our police sources that they purposefully did this to stop me... They took my cable modem and wireless router. Anyone worth their salt knows nothing is stored in the cable modem."

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Phoenix Cops
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »

From Slashdot  -- Phoenix Police Seize PCs of a Blogger Critical of the Department --

Logicassasin sends in a story about a blogger in Phoenix, AZ, who runs a site that is critical of the local police department. The police recently raided his home and seized his computer hardware.

"Jeff Pataky, who runs Bad Phoenix Cops, said the officers confiscated three computers, routers, modems, hard drives, memory cards and everything necessary to continue blogging. The 41-year-old software engineer said they also confiscated numerous personal files and documents relating to a pending lawsuit he has against the department alleging harassment - which he says makes it obvious the raid was an act of retaliation."

A local publication quotes Pataky saying, "We have heard internally from our police sources that they purposefully did this to stop me... They took my cable modem and wireless router. Anyone worth their salt knows nothing is stored in the cable modem."

Phoenix PD can suck a big dick.

I hate those pigs.

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:20:32 AM »

I hate those pigs.

They didn't "appreciate" me "asking" them to leave my stores property due to scarring off my customers
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

I hate those pigs.

They didn't "appreciate" me "asking" them to leave my stores property due to scarring off my customers

HAHA. Did you really? That is awesome.

I went to pick up my sister in law at work 44th and Thomas yesterday and there is a cop station there… right by papa johns.

I was in my car waiting for her to come out, and a brand new Lamborghini pulled up next to me. It had two black dudes in it.

I was like dayyyummm, they be ballin’!!! Well I guess its illegal to own a nice car and be black because 3 cops came out of the station and went up to the car. Just then 3 sexily dressed, breast implanted hoes came running out of my sisters salon and towards the lambo. They were getting their nails did I guess. The cops told them to stay back, and then 3 more cop cars came rolling up. BLOCKING MY CAR IN!!!! so I sit there and watch them FORCE the two guys out of the car make them get up against the car while they patted them down. These guys were waiting in a parking lot for their girls, not doing anything wrong.

So the cops make them, and the girls line up and sit on the HOT ground, while they started searching their car! I was like what the fuck?!? I kind of don’t blame them for not protesting the search considering that there were 10 pigs on the scene at that point. I was just shocked that they had the balls to pull these dudes out the car, search them, the car, and be rude the girls…I saw one cop actually twist his neck around to check out one of the girls assess. Made me want to puke.

So I get out of my car and am told to get back in, I told the pig that I needed to get my sister from inside the salon and I wanted to leave. He said ok, you may pass and let me go inside. I grabbed her, came out and told one of the cops to move his car so I could leave. He told me to wait. So I had to fucking sit there for 10min. waiting for his stupid ass to move. I drove away and it looked as if they were letting them go.

WTF!!!!!

I hate Phoenix PD.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »

According to the cops way of thinking, black guys only get Lamborghinis by rapping, pro-sports or illegal activities, and sometimes a little of each. So, they take the chance that they'll turn up some "evidence," like a wad of cash, some weed, a gun, etc. When they really want the car, they can just drop their pocket dope into the car, or that spare revolver with the serial number filed off, and viola, a seized Lambo for the department! If I were a rich black guy, I'd buy a freaking Corolla to drive and just live in the most lavish home I could afford. The ride is simply not worth all the negative attention, and I'd rather pull my cheap import into the garage of an awesome house than drive a Turbo Cayenne on dubs if it means getting the shakedown from the man every time I want to take my girlfriend to the salon.

Phoenix police suck ass, but South Tucson cops are worse. Their city is a single square mile in the poorest, most gang-infested part of town, and because of their tiny jurisdiction, they feel inferior to TPD, so they take it out on anyone unlucky enough to get stopped within their city limits. TPD isn't so hot either, but there are so few of them around, you almost never see them in broad daylight, and besides, they're usually doing traffic enforcement to generate revenue. When you do see them, when the city is just crawling with cops, is around the University and 4th Ave all weekend long. The LOVE that DUI money, so they have a huge DUI enforcement unit, including a mobile paddywagon with a breathalyzer, blood draw station and a holding cell which is backed up by at least 4 separate cars marked "DUI Enforcement" which are dedicated (themselves with mobile breath testing machines) to busting people, students, mostly, for walking (for PI), biking (one of my frat brothers was nicknamed "Booey" for getting a BUI after falling off his bike in front of a cop) and driving (or not driving, I knew a girl in college who got a DUI for simply closing the convertible top on her car while waiting outside a bar for a taxi, she had to put the key in the ignition and it was parked on the street, so even though she never started the car, they busted her anyway) after drinking.

There is a substantial difference with the county sheriffs, though. They are actually very, very nice.. for cops. I don't know about Maricopa, I suspect they are as shitty as their boss is (Arpaio) but down here, they are pretty decent. I had a run in with an off duty desk jockey who tried to run me off he road after my friend leaned out of my truck to wave at his girlfriend. This cop thought we had gestured obscenely at her, and was so offended that he chased us home in his pink Ford Taurus, waving his badge at us. We kept driving for a while, but decided it would be even worse if the guy knew where I lived, so we stopped at an intersection off a major street near my house, and the guy jumped out of his car and immediately tried to yank me out of my seat by my shirt, ripping it while yelling and flinging spittle in my face. Some words were exchanged, my passenger reminded the guy he had just committed assault and battery, and after he first threatened to call another officer as if it would intimidate me, I demanded he do it so I could file charges. Since we were just outside the city, a sheriff's deputy showed up. After taking the guy back to his car and giving him a dressing down, she returned to me, apologized, suggested we forget that it ever happened, and assured me she would make sure his superiors knew what he had done (I seriously doubt that actually happened) and she bid us good day without so much as even checking my license, probably so as do avoid any record of the event appearing anywhere official.

I have had a few other encounters with local deputies who were as decent as any LEO could be, in stark contrast to the city cops. Still, the last thing in the world I want is to have any kind of contact with any of them. We have so many around here, Highway Patrol, County Sheriff, TPD, Marana, Oro Valley, South Tucson, U of A, Pima College, Sahuarita, Tohono O'odham, and then there's the Border Patrol, DEA, Customs and ICE all over the place because we're inside the Constitution-free Zone known as the "special border enforcement area." Every little incorporated entity has their own mobile tax collectors shooting radar beams at you, or cooperating with the Feds to look in your trunk for illegals or let the dog sniff around your car. You see them everywhere, all the time, in cars, vans, Hummers, APCs(!), trucks, and on motorcycles, so that sometimes it seems like half the people in this town work for some LE agency. Blech!
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

I had a run in with an off duty desk jockey who tried to run me off he road after my friend leaned out of my truck to wave at his girlfriend.
*snippage*

I complain about Florida alot, but I love the fact that if some douchebag off-duty asshat were to try it here, he could potentially be shot in the face. What he did was tantamount to attempted carjacking in addition to the whole assault and battery. Some dumbfuck claiming to be a cop reaches inside my car to jerk me out, sorry, but the fucker ain't wearing a uniform and badges can be faked. Castle Doctrine is a wonderful thing.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 01:50:43 AM »

I hate those pigs.

yup. 4 cars in my parking lot is a real issue when they are sitting there for 2.5 hours, two male oinks rolled up yo yalk to to female oinkers.

stop by some week day before 3pm and get half off if you say "free talk slam, free talk".

i call it the free talk special

this goes for anyone in phoenix, 36th st and indian school, pizza joint i wont name to protect the innocent

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »

The fuckers go around like they own the place... EVERYPLACE!  :x
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »

They do grasshopper, they do

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »

I hate those pigs.

yup. 4 cars in my parking lot is a real issue when they are sitting there for 2.5 hours, two male oinks rolled up yo yalk to to female oinkers.

stop by some week day before 3pm and get half off if you say "free talk slam, free talk".

this goes for anyone in phoenix, 36th st and indian school, pizza joint i wont name to protect the innocent

HAHA. Sweet...I'm so going to do that! :) What time do you open?

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »

I hate those pigs.

HAHA. Sweet...I'm so going to do that! :) What time do you open?

I open the store at 10am

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34:22 AM »

Speaking of...the cops pulled someone over onto my home DRIVEWAY yesterday. Literally right in front of my house. I was like WTF!!! So I stood in my kitchen and video taped the whole thing. They did some illegal searching and treated them like criminals, even handcuffed a guy...then they took their plate and left. It was really odd...

I’m debating putting the video on the internet. They are ovbs. doing an illegal search of the mans car/bags. It was my first time taping a police incident, so I was too scared to actually go outside for fear of getting arrested. Even though it is my property...

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »

I open the store at 10am

Cool. I get off work at 12:30...perfect for lunch time!

and I am pretty sure I know what pizza joint it is...  :)

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »

I open the store at 10am

Cool. I get off work at 12:30...perfect for lunch time!

and I am pretty sure I know what pizza joint it is...  :)

I'll be there.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »

Had another run in with Phx PD last night...

We were driving home, it was about 10pm and we were in our neighborhood driving down the main road before you turn onto our street and I noticed a cop was riding my ass…so I was like GREAT, We are going to get pulled over in front of our house. So he obvs. ran our plate which is registered to Elpidio Gerardo (total Mexican illegal name) and just as I was about to pull into our driveway he flipped on his lights. So I said no way am I getting pulled over on the street, I'm going to pull into the driveway because I wanted to get my daughter inside the house. I don’t want any pig cops even looking at her…so I pulled into the driveway and the cop pulls up for about 3 seconds, shines his police light into the car, and then peels out and takes off down the street.

So we got out of the car as he was turning around in that little cul de sac, as he drove past us again (SLOWLY) he didn’t even look over at us. He was a huge white cop with a shaved head, trying to look all tough. So he drove past our house and sat there at the turn in to the street to see if we were going to go inside the house. So I got my daughter out, walked to the door and unlocked it. Once we unlocked the door the pig sped off and peeled out again like he was pissed off or something. 

So he never said one word to us, just flashed us and then drove off all pissy like. We figured he thought he was going to bust some illegals driving around because of the neighborhood we live in and who the car is registered to and then he realized that we were just a regular family and got embarrassed so he took off w/o saying anything. It pisses me off because he didn’t even have the balls to say why he flashed us, or alarmed us. Its not like I welcome police interaction into my life, but come on, you don’t threaten to pull someone over and then don’t. Its not right dude… couldn’t sleep last night wondering WTF that was about. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Bad Phoenix Cops

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.